Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

LET THE VOTING BEGIN!!!

10K views 91 replies 19 participants last post by  929_adam 
#1 ·
The time has come to vote on the entries in our first annual Fighter Buildoff! :rock:

First off, I want to say good luck to all who entered!

There is now a link at the top of the 1st post in each FINAL buildoff pics thread. The link says "VOTE FOR MY BUILD"

When you click that link, a new window will pop open with a 10 question survey about that bike.

This thread:
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5153
Will tell you how to judge each of the 10 questions.

Each question has a drop-down menu, and you simply select a number from 0-10, 10 is the highest score, 0 is the lowest score.

Just go down the list, answer each of the 10 questions, and hit "Finish" at the bottom.

You will then be taken to the results page where you can see what scores that bike has gotten so far on each question.

We chose this method to try to keep things more level, and make sure everyone is voting on the same things.

Voting will be open until June 30th, 2007. Then I will tally up the scores, and run them all through our mathematical equation that takes build cost into effect, and then we will have our winner!

Of course... we won't be announcing that until the Buildoff Event on July 8th! :D

So, whether you are in the buildoff or not, please go vote for the people who entered, remember, there are some VERY niec prizes at stake!

See less See more
#3 ·
Is this really a voting contest or is it a scoring contest? Shouldn't the link say "SCORE MY BUILD"? If you are telling people to vote then you are telling everyone to only select the one they like best. You might want to clarify that everyone has to give a score for every bike. Without that the scoring results won't be accurate.

My apologies if I'm wrong.

#4 ·
^^ I kind of thought the same thing. It would have been easier to just pick the one you like best. I mean honestly, how many members does this site have? We can never get more than 30 people to vote for fotm. Now they have to vote on all bikes and answer 10 questions per bike? I honestly like the thought and theory behind this.....but I don't think it's going to work out very well. Hopefully I'm wrong.

#5 ·
Well, as for the wording, yea Score makes more sense...

As for the way of scoring the bikes:

This was always the plan, ever since the original Official Buildoff Rules thread back in March. I believe it was even discussed in the original concept thread back before the buildoff even started.

The bikes already have a few people that have voted for them, and it's only been a few hours, and the voting is open for a month.

As for seeing the scores of all of them, you can go to:

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/survey.php to see a list of them all with a link to the results on them as well.

#12 ·
ok not to sound like a total asshole but i have a question......

how are people scoring so high on certain parts of the build....

Ive looked/voted on a few so far and I see people getting 5, 6, 7 and even higher on some of the parts and they didnt do a thing to the specific part of the bike..

for example, one bike has the same exact stock suspension/wheels as it did when it started yet has a couple 7's or higher...why?

I know this is all based on peoples opinion of the bike I just dont see how it works that if nothing was done to that part of the bike that they are getting such high scores on it. Even a bike with stock paint is scoring high on that too.

#13 ·
Yeah I've seen that too. But what are you going to do? It's all subjective. People could love your bike, hate your bike, like you, hate you....whatever.....it will all show in the voting. No matter how you do it. The only thing I'm not sure about is the build quality question. How the f*ck would any of us know what the build quality is like if we've never seen the bike in person?

#16 ·
I just did a quick check of the scoring results. I noticed that one bike had been scored seven time and a different bike scored once. Like I said before, everybody has to leave a score for each bike in the contest or the final results are going to be hogwash!

Example:
Bike A gets scored 20 time and received an average score of 70%.
Bike B gets scored once and receives an average score of 90%.
Is that fair for Bike A? Fuck no!

#17 ·
Dudad said:
ok not to sound like a total asshole but i have a question......

how are people scoring so high on certain parts of the build....

Ive looked/voted on a few so far and I see people getting 5, 6, 7 and even higher on some of the parts and they didnt do a thing to the specific part of the bike..

for example, one bike has the same exact stock suspension/wheels as it did when it started yet has a couple 7's or higher...why?

I know this is all based on peoples opinion of the bike I just dont see how it works that if nothing was done to that part of the bike that they are getting such high scores on it. Even a bike with stock paint is scoring high on that too.

Guess that's peoples way of saying they like the bike overall

:bawling:

#19 ·
djryanrhymes said:
I just did a quick check of the scoring results. I noticed that one bike had been scored seven time and a different bike scored once. Like I said before, everybody has to leave a score for each bike in the contest or the final results are going to be hogwash!

Example:
Bike A gets scored 20 time and received an average score of 70%.
Bike B gets scored once and receives an average score of 90%.
Is that fair for Bike A? Fuck no!
I noticed that too, I only got 3(thanks whoever scored) and the other person 7.

Does this mean if a person gets 1 score all 10's across the board. Does he get to win over someone that got 6's but got 10 votes?

There has to be a way where someone scores for everyone and not just for 2 out of all of us.

>>Unless<<

Since we are all too irresponsible. I'm willing to give up scoring priveledges "IF" we all agree to let the sponsors anonymously look into each of our buildoff threads and score each of our builds based on the criteria listed.

Then the scores will be kept secret until June 30th.

Then that's when the Mods will use their formula to do whatever it is they do.

I'll start a poll and see what the majority says. Correction, I don't have the authority to makea new thread in this section.

#21 ·
So it seems to be the general consensus that the scoring system sucks.

The bike that wins should be the overall favorite of all the members, right? I mean, I understand the whole "work with what you've got thing," but I still don't understand why we couldn't just do the same thing we do for the FOTM. The winner should be the member's favorite, not a bike that got mediocre scores but cost $500 to build and therefore they win.

#23 ·
trav72 said:
Since this site is all about the members.....how about we do a vote? Leave the scoring as it is or vote like we do for FOTM.
I think that's a great idea. I just think that the member's favorite should be the one to get the prizes... since that is how competitions are supposed to go.

Even better, make the voters have to rank the 12 finished builds 1-12. 1 being their least favorite and 12 being their favorite. That way everyone gets rank, where as some of the FOTM contestants end up with no votes.

#25 ·
Thats why say leave it to ppl that aren't even members. It won't even be about ppl voting for favorites. It'll be about ppl in the bussiness impartially looking through everyone's thread and see what happened to the bike, instead of ppl that haven't really paid attention and just vote for the nicest pic.

One of the other sites I'm on runs through that problem that it's a popularity contest. The masses vote for a bike that has a nice picture instead of a bike the owner really worked hard for. I swear, sometimes I think they wouldn't know taste if the chewed on Starburst.

We have 10 sponsors. I'm sure they can take an hour a day to look at one build and score. By the end of the week or month, they'd be done scoring.

#26 ·
roadsterd said:
I think that's a great idea. I just think that the member's favorite should be the one to get the prizes... since that is how competitions are supposed to go.

Even better, make the voters have to rank the 12 finished builds 1-12. 1 being their least favorite and 12 being their favorite. That way everyone gets rank, where as some of the FOTM contestants end up with no votes.

Ranking is good, that I like too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.