GSXR vs Zx10r fork spacing and offset comparison - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Fork Swaps

Fork Swaps Fork and Front End Swap Discussion goes here

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > GSXR vs Zx10r fork spacing and offset comparison

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2019, 03:35 AM   #1
Auser6guy
Fighter
Local Time: 06:42 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Auser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 
Default GSXR vs Zx10r fork spacing and offset comparison

Hi all I’ve found a top triple from a K8 Gixer 1000 That I want to use but the seller isn’t very helpful providing dimensions. I have a Zx10r front end on my bike and I’d like to know if it’ll fit. Is there a reliable source of this information somewhere ? The great Photobucket purge has struck again, I found some references to a table but it’s no longer hosted. I’ll keep looking but if you have anything please share !
Auser6guy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2019, 04:55 AM   #2
Auser6guy
Fighter
Auser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: GSXR vs Zx10r fork spacing and offset comparison

So this post seems to indicate that the K8s have an offset of 28mm
https://www.gixxer.com/threads/k8-gs...offset.748434/
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2019, 05:26 AM   #3
Auser6guy
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

So the litetek chart doesn’t have the 2008 zx numbers Or the K8 ones
https://litetek.co/Guide_USD_ForkDatabase.html

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2019, 09:55 AM   #4
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:42 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Junkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

I'm pretty confident that all modern-ish GSXR front ends are 207mm fork spacing.

It's unlikely that a triple clamp off a different bike will just bolt up though.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-08-2019, 05:36 AM   #5
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:42 AM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

put forks from CBR, GSXR and R1 in each others yokes, 207 a common size, offset likely to be the issue with mismatched sets
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-08-2019, 05:51 AM   #6
Auser6guy
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
put forks from CBR, GSXR and R1 in each others yokes, 207 a common size, offset likely to be the issue with mismatched sets
Thanks mate, Ithink thatíll be the case but i cant find find both sets of numbers to be sure. ill have to find another way. That litetek table wouldíve been great had it been complete..
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-10-2019, 07:00 AM   #7
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:42 PM
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auser6guy View Post
Thanks mate, Ithink thatíll be the case but i cant find find both sets of numbers to be sure. ill have to find another way. That litetek table wouldíve been great had it been complete..
THAT is why we have to save things we find on the web, host them in other places, and never let them go!!!! Lol. I have an obscene amount of fighter pictures in folders by bike just for reference on an external drive plus loads of info on swinger swaps and other stuff. Unfortunately I never really got into Kawi street bikes so I dont have shit on them.

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived 929_adam!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-13-2019, 04:20 AM   #8
Auser6guy
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929_adam View Post
THAT is why we have to save things we find on the web, host them in other places, and never let them go!!!! Lol. I have an obscene amount of fighter pictures in folders by bike just for reference on an external drive plus loads of info on swinger swaps and other stuff. Unfortunately I never really got into Kawi street bikes so I dont have shit on them.
Couldn’t agree more..Unfortunately Facebook is taking over forums and many are struggling as a result but have you ever tried finding anything on facebook ?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-14-2019, 11:20 AM   #9
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:42 PM
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auser6guy View Post
Couldnít agree more..Unfortunately Facebook is taking over forums and many are struggling as a result but have you ever tried finding anything on facebook ?
Yes!! Shoot me! FB is such shit. Itís so easy to use that people just go there and kill whatever time they would have used actually reading things that interest them. Instead its just scrolling by pics and memes and chuckling while your brain dies.

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived 929_adam!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-14-2019, 04:03 PM   #10
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:42 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 23 Times in 20 Posts
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Facebook is terrible for information finding, hopefully it'll flop like myspace, bebo, ect but honestly I can't see it happening any time soon as they also own instagram and whatsapp so kinda getting to the point of google - too big to fail
JamesHambleton is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Fork Swaps