Matty`s sunk cost fallacy (Bashan street quad) - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion

Other Motorcycle Discussion Anything about any other type of motorcycle goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Matty`s sunk cost fallacy (Bashan street quad)

View Poll Results: Which road to take?
Fix`n flip 2 28.57%
Full custom rebuild 2 28.57%
No fucks hoontrike 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-09-2019, 05:24 PM   #31
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:13 PM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Matty`s China Street Quad

If this lot won`t wake the damn thing up I`m throwing in the towel... Looking at the new harness it`s probly just some stupid ass mistake like forgetting a ground wire somewhere or sth, all the same now, gonna save the old one though as there`s a helluva lot of wire to reuse once taken apart.

All that will have to wait some time though as I`ve let all the funny stuff like bill paying accounting and all that bliss to kinda pile up so gotta untangle that fuckball before digging into this one...

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Ex: Benelli Tornado 900 '06
Ex:Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA '02
Ex:Honda CBR 600 F2 '91
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-10-2019, 01:23 AM   #32
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:13 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
so gotta untangle that fuckball
Man, I know that feeling.All of my insurances, property taxes, etc come due this time of year. Always love writing out a few grand worth of checks right before Christmas.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-15-2019, 05:58 PM   #33
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Finally some progress... There seems to be minor differences between model years as there simply isn't a plug to hook the starter button/engine kill plug anywhere, I however believe to have located the wires that should go there so gonna have to do some rewiring. The general relay needs to be replugged as well and possibly slightly lengthen the main power wires. Also fitted a quick twist throttle and replaced both clutch and brake levers. In theory I should be able to have a go at starting but I don't wanna rush that until I can afford an air filter and new oil at the start of January. oh and the ignition lock is fucked, if you wiggle the key the power flickers on and off so off with that too.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-29-2019, 04:47 PM   #34
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

FINALLY shit starts happening here... After waiting for a week the money from selling the Alfa FINALLY showed up on my bank account so immediately put them to use. Scoring parts on these are becoming a bit of a challenge though so a fair bit was lost to shipping fees even though the parts themselves are fairly inexpensive:

-Complete black fairing kit from ebay germany (171e shipping included SCOOOOORE!)
-rear sprocket from ALG-Moto Netherlands
-Front sprocket, headlight, choke wire from a local shop (fun coincidence, mere km:s away from Daytona`s current residence)
-Chain from ebay UK
-Air filter from ebay UK
-8-pin electrical connector for the general relay from Motonet Finland

Still gonna need a new tail light and a full set of sleeker turning indicators but those can well be ordered later.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-09-2020, 04:16 PM   #35
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

The emperor`s new clothes have arrived...

There was a huge box waiting on my pickup space at work this morning and the contents of the said box turn out to be everything I expected and also what I feared... First of all the most obvious one which apparently isn`t quite AS obvious through pictures. The fairings aren`t black. Well thay are black but they`re not jet black, they`re more what I`d call trash-can black The headlight cover is the worst that`s just plain grey, luckily I refurbished the original one though now it`s a completely different shade of black as the rest. Buut I suppose after I get a few rolls of orange über tape on it, it hopefully won`t be as obvious.

The fairings aren`t exactly a bolt-on fit either, some fitting tabs etc need some finishing work, deburring and stuff, some holes drilled that are missing...

...and there`s apparently some differences between the model versions, the basic shape of the fairings is correct but those ankle flaps need to be cut as they`re not in the original fairings as well as the fross brace up front is missing, or to be more precise cut off from the original ones so the headlight can fit in place as currently the reflector is clashing with the said brace.

Hello my name is Matti and I have an addiction... To the color orange

Rear sprocket and air filter should arrive tomorrow, I however do need to make at least one more order as I took the rear axel assembly apart last night and it appears the axel bearings are completely shot (at 4000km!) as well as the brake disc as it is in fact warped more than it`s own thickness. The brake caliper appears stuck or at least sticking as well but as a new one complete with pads cost 30eur I see little sense in trying to revive it.

This user High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-10-2020, 06:08 PM   #36
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

New jetcone air filter arrived from the UK today, was a bit of a challenge to find a 44mm filter with at least a 45 degree bend at the neck to make it fit as the new carb sits at a bit of an odd angle much closer to the frame rail than the original.

Fuel line fitted, I do have a petcock as well but that will have to wait as it needs a new bracket welded into the frame. The original tank is so ridiculously small I`m planning to make a "touring" mod and fab a second subframe to replace the twelve-o-clock bar at the tail end with a top box that will have a second tank to extend the range to reach a dear friend nearly 400km away (just hoping the quad can take that...) so the petcock has a two -way gate as if to have a reserve but the other intake will be routed into the top box.

Tomorrow gonna hit the stores and get all kinds of fluids lights etc.

But please someone tell me who was it that though it`s a great idea to paint the engine turquoise...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-11-2020, 07:31 AM   #37
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Should keep me busy for a night or two...

These people High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-14-2020, 05:18 PM   #38
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Sod it, no point brooding over what`s not coming and focus on what is. Namely, the summer so wanna be ready so took apart the cockpit area to swap out the handlebar I bought that had the welded on crossbar and switched it with a Timeless Racing bar from which the said bar bolts off.

Started fitting the dash before taking a good look at it, all faded and blotchy sitting in the middle of all the new bling hanging from the horns so off and apart it came. Didn`t wanna paint it orange nor black so out came the über tape. First you gotta make a template with the clear sheet...

...transfer that to the graphics sheet...

...and after forever of cursing cutting heat-gunning lifting re-pressing rolling off bubbles, two beers more cursing and pressing the corners you got a half-decent gauge cluster bezel, yay!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-15-2020, 05:55 PM   #39
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

I drilled the missing holes onto the fairings to start massaging them into place. They`ve quite clearly been sitting in a warehouse for a long time as they`ve bent the wrong way from a couple places. Gonna let em sit and probly apply some heat gun to startegic places to get them to assume the correct shape. Also it appears the tank damper rubbers are not original as the tank sits way too high so the infill panel won`t fit. Gonna fix that once I get this puppy going poot poot first.

Couple more out the sticker factory (note to self get new sharp scissors)

and thattis all vee hav todei, tänks and pai pai.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-16-2020, 05:34 PM   #40
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Couple more. Haven`t decided if I like the rear one on the fender yet, it was an offcut so had to make a compromise and at least since I know what to look for it shows...

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion