Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Eeeeeeeeee FE

70K views 778 replies 34 participants last post by  CK 187 
#1 ·
watch this space :)

#586 ·
After taking some of the bike apart for work on the swing arm, I also took the front end apart so i could

get Mick Gardner Racing to change the shock spring, and replace the Harris fork extenders after i had them anodized.

Quick trip down to MGR in Barnsley and jobs a good un, great swift turn round by the team once more, many thanks.

#590 ·
put the cams in, adjusted the valve clearances, good old Pops Yoshi making it nice and simple by having the same clearance of inlet and exhaust valves.

pity they have made fixing the cam sprockets a pain though!! cam sprocket bolts are M7 FFS, fortunately i had a couple of M7 bolts to do for now whilst i get some more on order.

going to dial the cams in later, from what i can make out of the Japanese set up guide, I require 102-105 Cam Lobe Centres.

#591 ·
Today i have mainly been playing at rocket science and getting a sore head, cam timing and valve clearance check carried out on the ST2 cams after install.

was very close with my fitting by eye of the adjustable cam sprockets, got 102-108 on the first attempt
B|

small adjustment and have them at the Yoshimura recommended 102-105 timing.

bit of messing around and had the valve clearances checked, Wossner recommends a minimum of 1.5mm (.060") Intake and 2.0mm (.080") Exhaust,

got that no problem, around 3mm for exhaust and 1.9+mm for inlets.

#592 ·
finished off the motor innards, checked all the clearances, then buttoned it all up with addition of lots of copper slip to all the threads.

then it was dig out the carbs from the back of the shed, where they have been hiding all winter. check all is still good with fitment and clearance of back of head and top of generator body. slight adjustment to generator and generator mounting point on top crankcase and all is good.

#596 ·
as part of the get everything sorted and in the correct place before going an further, I came to the conclusion that the battery box required some modification! didnt like the closeness of the battery posts to the metal case, also didnt like the fact that i was unable to easily access the charging/diagnosis socket on the top front of the battery without having to remove the battery and box!

small amount of time spent on the mill and all is looking better, still some cleaning up to do, happy with it now.

from this

to this

#597 ·
i have wanted a billet clutch slave cylinder for the build for a while, i couldnt find one anywhere, only place i did find was WSR although when i contacted them they said they were not making them anymore!

well after seeing a pic in a thread on OSS

with a very nice K-Factory item, i had to see if Webike had them, would you Adam and Eve it, they had them in stock for shipment tomorrow
:)

now ordered.

id_422_000jzbd005_sb.thumb.jpg.f26dba154415cb8ebe03faf4cc31ccdc.jpgid_422_000jzbd0054.thumb.jpg.a68caa118ca42f83700ba0e80624b3a3.jpg

#598 ·
Earlier this afternoon, minding my own business and doing some work on my bike when i get a call from James to ask if he could borrow my bike ramp as he had just had a "come round corner, traffic at a halt in road, overdo the front brake, followed by a hands, knees, arse plant, bike with road embankment interface sort of a moment"
As you can see 370Steve recovery services were put into swift action, and james and wreckage were taken home.

#605 ·
done a few small bits over the bank holiday weekend, the M-button fitment to the handle bars, meant drilling bars for wire to buttons and exit to m-unit. going to bin the idea of bar end indicators as they will be a right pain to remove once fitted, which will mean removal of bar end mirrors and fitment of lever protectors ( seem to be needed now on T-days!!) would be a pain, without the indicators i will be able to get it sorted.
sorted throttle cables and fitment, found a small area of contact between throttle cam and rear of cam cover, will be a quick job to remove a small amount of cam to get the clearance required.
had a play with my exhaust gas analyser dash fitment, will be going onto the number board top bracket arms, just in front of Motogadget dash housing. might need to make a cover to hide the loom.
Made a mounting bracket and sorted fitment of starter relay.
electrics tray layout sorted, Ignitech, M-unit and Breakout box placement now finalised.
popped over to SNT Race Engineering (congrats to the lads for three best in class race results at Cadwell park this weekend
:banana:
bike is a work of art
B|
) to drop off fuel tap weld on adaptor, should be sorted later today along with the tank breather.

#606 ·
popped over to SNT to collect modified tank, as usual a great job by Neil, just what i wanted/ had asked for, done very quickly and for a great price.
test fit of tank when i got home to check clearance on stick coil, spot on.
re fitted front brake system, happy with electrics tray, will be getting SNT to make me a 3D printed cover for it, also one for the fuel/air monitor dash.
started making brackets for F/A dash, but too hot in my shed, so will have to wait till the weekend.

#608 ·
moving along slowly with the harness/wiring, needing to get some more ring connectors and some wire products.
today i got some wire through from Kojicat, yesterday did the h/lamp connector and the front indicators.
charging system all bolted up (inc charging mod) started to fit stick coil loom.
after paying my import/VAT/handling charge invoice (same as i would have before BREXIT) i got my new K Factory slave cylinder delivered, luverly bit of kit.

20210610_172520.jpg20210610_172532.jpg
20210610_172548.jpg20210610_172609.jpg
20210610_172637.jpg20210610_172702.jpg
20210610_172713.jpg

#610 ·
started off today with fitting the new clutch slave cylinder, adjusting the clutch actuator rod nut and setting the slipper clutch studs to the measurements given by SNT.
went to work on the wiring, started off making the stick coil loom, then the second half that goes down to connect to the Ignitech.
did the same with the Wago A/F meter loom, got all the connectors fitted to that.
same thing went on with the H/lamp, sorted the second part of the loom and wires through to the m-unit.
things were cooking on gas, then i managed to brake on of the wire clamps on the M-unit FFS, just had to be the ignition port too
O.o

i dont know of any repair to them, as the clamps are cast into the unit, so looks like i will be shopping for a new unit tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.