Rex weird choice of motorcycle hauler - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Cage-Fighters

Cage-Fighters Got a 4-wheel fiend as well? Let's see them cars and trucks!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Rex weird choice of motorcycle hauler

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2018, 02:45 PM   #1
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:39 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 39 Times in 38 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Rex weird choice of motorcycle hauler

So i was thinking i needed something not a trailer to transport bros to race track and back. But standart van wont do it for mem i wanted an older hilux. None existent here, so as suggested by my friend i looked for them in finland. Missed one weird rocket looking 3rd gen. And passed on publica pickup.

So pong story short, i found a subaru pickup, known as brat in usa. 1989. model with targa roof. Have one problem, tank is in bad shape.

Anyhow, @Mattson is a wonderfull friend fir helping me out with this. He called the guy, arranged to look at it akd bought it fir me. I still have to transfer the money him, as soon as he sends me his details.
He also offered to try fixing the tank so i can travel to finland and ride the car back home myself. While try to squeeze time to meet his family again.

Also since this thread is worthless without pics.

Officially ive had more subarus than rest of brands combined

Sent from Erics moms house

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived rex_saugerty!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2018, 03:43 PM   #2
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:39 PM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Rex weird choice of motorcycle hauler

cool looking pick up
yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2018, 04:04 PM   #3
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Gonna be needing a liiittle bit of attention before it can be called cool

So the story so far is I had a window of opportunity to go see the car last night after work so packed the kids to the van and headed there. The guy said it`s about 80km there but we took off before I had the exact address where to go, turned out it was almost twice that (sorry kids boring night for yous!)

We got there, I had about five minutes to look at the car before darkness dropped on us like a velvet cloth so didn`t have too good of a looksie yet but it does start and move under it`s own power. So I decided to bite the bullet and paid the guy, leaving the car to him for the time being cause I need to get transfer plates for it to drive it to my moms for temporary storage as it currently has a "cold MOT" as we say here. Possibly picking it up next weekend, but as it stands the BRAT is now currently officially my property.

Our main problem at the moment is the one that has grounded most BRAT:s to the date: the fuel cell. It is VERY prone to rusting and not one company has ever made aftermarket tanks for these, at least not on this side of the pond. And it`s bad. So bad in fact that the car is currently being fed from a boat tank on the bed as the original fuel tank is here with me.

Normally I would say fuck it and scrap it but the problem is we cannot find even an another used one anywhere. I called four of my local car boneyards, four times I got laughed at. So this will need to be revived no matter what. For the inside rust I was thinking phosphoric acid and a fistfull of nuts, hang it off the ceiling and rock back and forth until clean. For the outside I guess it`s angle grinder, wire wheel and lotsa beer. That I`m worried about is the tank appears to be stretch formed so the walls are sooper thin, and I`m no dimestak what comes to my welding skills... We`ll see how this goes.

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mattson!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2018, 06:36 PM   #4
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:39 PM
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 56 Times in 46 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Easier/cheaper to buy an aluminum race fuel cell??

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived SEBSPEED!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2018, 07:29 PM   #5
Zweihammer
Misfit

Fighterer
Zweihammer's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:39 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Cool little truck, Rex.
Damn, what’s in your fuel over there?
I don’t know if they offered it over there, but back in the day when these things were new, they had rear facing jump seats behind the cab. Something about calling it a car to get around import tariffs. That was back when they didn’t give a damn about kids riding in the back. Hell, they didn’t even have seatbelts if I remember correctly, just hand grips on either side, hold on and stop crying!
My neighbor had one when I was a kid and I wished they would give us a ride.
Is the bed long enough for a bike?
I am hoping I run into a good deal on a seventies Datsun pick up.
Attached Images

2019 Winter Build Off Bike

2019 Winter Build Off Chit Chat

Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, glory is forever. E. Knievel
Zweihammer is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2018, 08:36 PM   #6
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:39 PM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 14 Times in 8 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEBSPEED View Post
Easier/cheaper to buy an aluminum race fuel cell??
To quote Sebspeed... Even though it would take up some space. Get an aluminum or ABS Plastic tank and mount in against the cab in the bed. Easy Peasey!
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2018, 10:30 PM   #7
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:39 PM
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Cool find! EA81 4wd chassis's have the same fuel tank, could expand to GL wagon models with 4wd (for the diff. clearance and size), other similar era Subaru fuel tanks of the EA81 chassis can also be retrofitted to the Brat/Brumby/Pickup.

...turbocharge it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2018, 10:38 PM   #8
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:39 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

Risky move, trusting Matti to assess a car for you. @Mattson what's your record for how long you've gone without your car breaking down? A week?

Really though, that thing's fuckin cool. Lotsa potential there. Interesting info from Ratty there, but given the parts availability in your corner of the globe I'm with Seb on this. A fuel cell would be close in cost and probably much less work to fit.

And rep to Mattson for being a good dude.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2018, 11:32 PM   #9
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:39 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

This is cool. I always liked Brats. My wife's Dad used to have one with the seats in the back. Very fun little vehicles and tough as nails.

And yes, rep to Mattson for being Mattson.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2018, 11:36 PM   #10
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 39 Times in 38 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Cell wint do, to pass an inspection you have to have an original fuel tank made for the car. So if this one is beyond repairs we will look for some other that looks like it should fit. Since it looks there arenta single car like that here in Latvia, they wont seethe difference if its othercars tank thats in there

Sent from Erics moms house

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Cage-Fighters