Scottiemann's VTR build - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Scottiemann's VTR build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-30-2015, 12:47 AM   #1
scottiemann
fuckin genius
Fighterer
scottiemann's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:45 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
scottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud of
Default Scottiemann's VTR build

Alright guys and girls, after 9 years, 2 crashes, 3 paint jobs and multiple rebuilds I'm finally going naked!

So a little back story, about 3 years ago I crashed her up good, well mostly cosmetic damages. It was totalled but I bought her back from the insurance company and decided to rebuild her naked. With a severe lack of money and at one point being out of work for about 6 months, it took me almost 2 years to get her back on the road. I have a great job now with great benefits and job security so Im doing it right this time.

I started tearing her down for a repaint a couple weeks ago so lets check out some before pictures...

Name:  CAM00134.jpg
Views: 919
Size:  88.4 KB

Name:  CAM00135.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  98.1 KB

Name:  CAM00137.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  95.9 KB

Now on to the build...

current build is on YouTube, check out my channel The Armed DIYer

****Current Build****
91 GSXR 750
mods yet to be determined

******On Hold******
98 superhawk
Debaffled cans
De-PAIRed
TPS mod
Bmc air filter
Factory pro jet kit
Factory pro ignition advanced
15/42
05 CBR1000RR front end
Bunch of other shit...
scottiemann is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived scottiemann!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-30-2015, 01:00 AM   #2
scottiemann
fuckin genius
Fighterer
scottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud of
Default Re: Scottiemann's VTR build

I've been working on the paint while I wait patiently (where the FUCK are my parts!!) for all my parts to come in.... and while I order more. So far Ive almost finished all the prep work, tail and headlight bezel still need a little sanding, but the front fender is ready for paint and I got the gas tank painted and cleared tonight.(sorry no pics for the finished tank yet)

Name:  prime.JPG
Views: 174
Size:  346.3 KB

Name:  prime1.JPG
Views: 163
Size:  308.2 KB

I have plans on making a custom tail and belly pan but I have no Idea when Im going to get to it so Im painting the tail section so the bike will look half decent until then. The tail section does look like shite though, I just want it to look half decent for now.

****Current Build****
91 GSXR 750

******On Hold******
98 superhawk
Debaffled cans
De-PAIRed
TPS mod
Bmc air filter
Factory pro jet kit
15/42
05 CBR1000RR front end
Bunch of other shit...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-30-2015, 08:56 PM   #3
scottiemann
fuckin genius
Fighterer
Default tank done and new parts!

So last night I was able to completely paint and clear the tank so thats done, all it needs is a wetsand and buff. I would post some pics but with the lighting in my garage all the pictures are a white wash(spoiler alert). I did however get some new stuff in last night as well

Name:  rewire.JPG
Views: 161
Size:  464.5 KB

Im going to be rewiring the whole bike (for many reasons), the weatherpack connectors are a lot beefier then factory but atleast I can trust them and Im going to to tuck all the electrical anyways so no ones gonna see it...

The gauge cluster is a cheap china knock off but I have seen people successfully install them with full functionality so I figure for $70 its worth a try.

As far as the rest of the electrical system goes, I'm FINALLY installing a mosfet R/R, CBR COP's, programmable ICU and possibly get creative with the ignition... maybe

****Current Build****
91 GSXR 750

******On Hold******
98 superhawk
Debaffled cans
De-PAIRed
TPS mod
Bmc air filter
Factory pro jet kit
15/42
05 CBR1000RR front end
Bunch of other shit...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2015, 03:54 PM   #4
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Looks good
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2015, 04:03 PM   #5
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:45 AM
Flip Offs: 309
Flipped Off 170 Times in 147 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

I was making vroom vroom noises in my head while looking at this picture!

Keep it up!

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived MikeGyver!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2015, 11:28 PM   #6
scottiemann
fuckin genius
Fighterer

thanks guys

almost done with the paint, the only thing left is the tail, needs a little more prep work before paint. I'm gonna let those cure for about a week before wet sanding and buffing, but I got plenty to do in that time.

I hate how I always get sick ambition once riding season comes around... I should be riding her, not tearing her down

****Current Build****
91 GSXR 750

******On Hold******
98 superhawk
Debaffled cans
De-PAIRed
TPS mod
Bmc air filter
Factory pro jet kit
15/42
05 CBR1000RR front end
Bunch of other shit...
This user High Fived scottiemann!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2015, 11:33 PM   #7
scottiemann
fuckin genius
Fighterer

and I love how the tail piece is the only temporary piece and is taking the most prep work out of everything

****Current Build****
91 GSXR 750

******On Hold******
98 superhawk
Debaffled cans
De-PAIRed
TPS mod
Bmc air filter
Factory pro jet kit
15/42
05 CBR1000RR front end
Bunch of other shit...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2015, 11:37 PM   #8
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:45 AM
Flip Offs: 309
Flipped Off 170 Times in 147 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiemann View Post

I hate how I always get sick ambition once riding season comes around... I should be riding her, not tearing her down
You are not alone!

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2015, 12:20 AM   #9
scottiemann
fuckin genius
Fighterer

So when I rewire the bike I would like to eliminate circuits that arent necessary. bypass the kickstand switch? thoughts anyone?

****Current Build****
91 GSXR 750

******On Hold******
98 superhawk
Debaffled cans
De-PAIRed
TPS mod
Bmc air filter
Factory pro jet kit
15/42
05 CBR1000RR front end
Bunch of other shit...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2015, 08:33 AM   #10
F'dup
Hack in a barn

CF Pimp
F'dup's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 9 Times in 9 Posts
F'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Personally, I like kickstand switch lol...

Clutch sure I know that my hand is on the clutch when I'm starting it. Neutral sure there is a light in the dash, no problem there.

The bike in my avitar has no kickstand switch, not even from the factory lol, and I have ridden off with it down.
A neighbor of mine with a Ducati had no kickstand switch and when he started off and negotiated the slight turn by my house it touched the road and put him up right and riding through my yard...

He was ok though and didn't drop the bike... But I feel like that one switch is handy because you can't see you kickstand when you take off....

Unless you are like me who looks down to make sure it's up like on my R6 just to avoid the embarrassment of the bike cutting off in the parking lot with people watching

2017 build off sv650 build thread <---Click here

SV650 b.s.'n and post build off progress on the bike thread thread <---Click here

DR650 supermoto build <--click

2000 R6 build <--click

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
A bit of vaseline should lube your bush up real nice though. Just make sure that your shaft is a good fit.
F'dup is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes