Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes - Page 33 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-22-2018, 01:17 AM   #321
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:30 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry02ACR View Post
When in doubt, gas it out.

I should have been going faster. That makes washboard roads smoother, should have made that hidden rock just like a pillow...
Oh, I noticed the new KX450. No more kickstart and they've gone back to a spring fork. That surprised me. I thought the air fork was the hot ticket.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-22-2018, 02:42 AM   #322
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:30 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 39 Times in 38 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry02ACR View Post
Harry, is that you?

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived rex_saugerty!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-22-2018, 02:27 PM   #323
Larry02ACR
Fighter
Larry02ACR's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:30 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Oh, I noticed the new KX450. No more kickstart and they've gone back to a spring fork. That surprised me. I thought the air fork was the hot ticket.
Hydro clutch too. I think everyone has gone back to a spring fork except KTM/Husky. I checked one out a couple weeks ago, but my bike still does what I need it to do, and it's paid for.

The only new dirt bikes that have my interest are the Husky 250/300 FI 2 stroke, and the Beta 300 with oil injection. If I get a 4 stroke dirt bike it would need to be a dual sport, but all of the good ones are KTM/Husky, and I don't know if I'm cool enough for a Euro bike.
Larry02ACR is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-22-2018, 02:31 PM   #324
Larry02ACR
Fighter
Larry02ACR's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:30 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_saugerty View Post
Harry, is that you?
That was me in the ER at the second hospital. Lot's of swelling, besides fracturing one of the nasal bones in my skull, the wreck also broke my two upper front teeth and chipped the two on either side of them.

This was one week later, healing up and back to work:

Larry02ACR is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-22-2018, 03:40 PM   #325
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:30 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 39 Times in 38 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Scars makes men more refined

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived rex_saugerty!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-22-2018, 04:34 PM   #326
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_saugerty View Post
Harry, is that you?
I got it.

I missed the hydro clutch. That will be a first for a Japanese bike, as far as I know.

KTM and Husky don't put "Offroad Vehicle" on the paperwork, it's just listed as a motorcycle. Unless you live in California, or some other strict State, your dealership can send you out the door with a street title. I found this out this weekend when I noticed the Freeride has a horn and dimmable headlight, so i started asking. Granted, that has you buying new, but guys are sorting it out with the DMV by themselves. I can't help wonder if that isn't part of why Honda finally stepped up with a legit 450 dual sport. I'd be surprised if Yamaha doesn't answer the call, too.

If I bought new it'd probably be a Freeride. I'm super interested in trials bike but I'm not jockey sized. Or a Beta 390.
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-29-2018, 01:19 PM   #327
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Neat (old) article on Traction eRag about a guy riding an old XL185 in a big enduro race. Neat read, and he kicked ass. Like they say: 90% rider, 10% bike.

http://www.tractionerag.ca/nov2016/
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-30-2018, 03:54 AM   #328
Cookie2000ad
Back from Oz!
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:30 PM
Flip Offs: 165
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

HA! Great article!
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-30-2018, 08:46 AM   #329
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

It is a funny article, but you have to do some digging to get around most of their jokes. They joked about it briefly, but Archie was stopping and riding some of the other guys' modern bikes up some of the muddy hills because they were stuck. After clearing them out of his way, he'd go get his bike and end up passing them minutes later Dude is a beast.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-01-2018, 10:30 PM   #330
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Rain has been keeping me from working, got tired of sitting around and started piddling on the bike some. Decided to just grab a can of VHT for the engine and get it closed back up. However, when I opened up my "complete" gasket kit I discovered that it didn't have any oil seals So a bit of a dead end there. At least the cases are scrubbed clean and painted.

I did lap the valves and reassembled the head and rocker setup. Wish I knew what those markings say.

Also shot some paint on the forks, swingarm and calipers and the rest of the engine covers. Picked up some single stage black to spray the frame with.

Painted the forks sliders, swingarm and calipers, but didn't get any pictures. Need to unlace the wheels so I can paint the hubs when I shoot the frame. Fingers crossed the spokes will live through the ordeal....considering painting the spokes black while I'm at it, but undecided on that.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis