Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes - Page 34 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-02-2018, 10:31 AM   #331
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:19 PM
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 56 Times in 46 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

Nice detail work there Eric

It's feeling like Forrest Gump's time in 'nam here... rain for weeks.

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-02-2018, 12:10 PM   #332
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEBSPEED View Post
Nice detail work there Eric
Thanks, though I'm sure it looks very familiar to you That clutch cover was so massive it needed something to break it up.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-02-2018, 05:55 PM   #333
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Seriously thinking about blacking out the wheels. Hubs, rims, spokes, nipples all in gloss black powder. Bad idea?

$150 worth of new stainless spokes/nipples is not in the budget. Been wanting blacked out wheels on a few bikes now and never do it on account of being afraid it'll look cheap. Like one of those cliche murdered out rat bikes where someone just attacks the bike with a spraybomb of rattle can flat black. Thoughts?

The powder coating won't cost me anything, but I don't want that to sway my choice.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-02-2018, 09:00 PM   #334
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 56 Times in 46 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Do it

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived SEBSPEED!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-02-2018, 09:58 PM   #335
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:19 PM
Flip Offs: 188
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus

Do it, but add a splash of something else?

A consistent mud covering would be acceptable color splash.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Casper!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-02-2018, 10:00 PM   #336
Larry02ACR
Fighter
Larry02ACR's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:19 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Seriously thinking about blacking out the wheels. Hubs, rims, spokes, nipples all in gloss black powder. Bad idea?

$150 worth of new stainless spokes/nipples is not in the budget. Been wanting blacked out wheels on a few bikes now and never do it on account of being afraid it'll look cheap. Like one of those cliche murdered out rat bikes where someone just attacks the bike with a spraybomb of rattle can flat black. Thoughts?

The powder coating won't cost me anything, but I don't want that to sway my choice.
Hope you are gentle with tire irons and don't ride in rocks...

I know I'm in the minority here, but I really dislike blacked out bikes and/or wheels. But it's your bike and if that's what you like, go for it.

If I ever got to where I'm shitting money, the KX is getting gold Excel hoops.
Larry02ACR is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Larry02ACR!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-02-2018, 10:54 PM   #337
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry02ACR View Post
Hope you are gentle with tire irons and don't ride in rocks...

I know I'm in the minority here, but I really dislike blacked out bikes and/or wheels. But it's your bike and if that's what you like, go for it.

If I ever got to where I'm shitting money, the KX is getting gold Excel hoops.
I put gold rims on the KLR and loved them. Shouldn't have let them go with the bike, but the rear was a 17. I still have a gold 21 here, but no 18 to go with it.

Rocks and irons are the biggest concern, for sure. I can be gentle with the irons. I've changed tires a couple times on the FZ without any drama. As far as rocks go, this won't be my dedicated offroad bike, just a dual sport for camping trips and mainly jeep trails and such. Nothing too hardcore. In saying that I've probably doomed myself to rashing something on the first ride, though...

I'm pretty sold on the black rims, just not sure about the black spokes and nipples. My spokes and nipples are in good shape, just dingy. Hate to repaint this whole bike and end up with dingy looking wheels. Just want everything fresh looking. Checked on buying gold nipples and that would run me $80, so half the price of stainless spoke/nipple sets.

Got the wheels broke down and blasted a bunch of parts. Yokes, brackets, engine mounts, rims, hubs, etc... gotta hook up with my buddy and get some gloss black melted over everything.

These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-03-2018, 10:19 AM   #338
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Shopped around and got some spokes coming. Not familiar with the ProTrax brand, but it's $45 per wheel for stainless spokes and fresh nipples. Didn't want to cut corners on this.

Still raining too hard to work, so headed over to do some powdercoating in a few.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-03-2018, 11:54 PM   #339
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Spent the day with a buddy I don't see enough of anymore and got the powder coating knocked out. Smooth and flawless, as usual, except for the rims. For some reason they turned out with a bad case of orange peel. We're both unsure why as nothing has changed. Oh well, reckon I'll flatten them with some 320 grit and turn them black the old fashioned way when I spray the frame. From 10' away the look fine, but upclose they're just too rough to suit me. I'd never be able to see past it.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-04-2018, 01:30 AM   #340
Larry02ACR
Fighter
Larry02ACR's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:19 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

They probably look perfect when you are buck sideways trying to avoid stuffing it in a tree...

Unless you paid a good amount of coin getting them coated, I'd probably not stress on it too much.

Maybe look at it as a "hammered" finish???

Or you could get some gold Excels.
Larry02ACR is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Larry02ACR!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis