Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes - Page 36 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-09-2018, 07:57 AM   #351
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:13 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

The shocks? It's only four bolts! I think I can manage that in under a month!
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-09-2018, 11:29 PM   #352
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Front tire showed up today, so got that mounted and balanced. Stuck it in the forks and...that's not good.

That's ok, just pull it over with the spokes....oops, too far.

Third time's the charm?

Yes, I did actually measure it with calipers. Not just eyeballing it.

Speaking of eyeballing it...I love these black rims with stainless spokes. We'll see how long they last. Fork boots for days lol. Probably end up making a fork brace for this thing since the yokes are closer together than they originally were on the KLR. The KLR isn't known for solid forks anyway, but this bike is a good 150lbs or so lighter, so we'll see how she rides.

After the amount of grief the KLR rim gave me I decided to time myself lacing up the XRL rim, just for giggles. Took 9 minutes to lace and 15 minutes to true it. I'm not saying Honda parts are better quality, but....well...anyway, hoping my rear tire shows up tomorrow.

These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-09-2018, 11:44 PM   #353
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Gotta figure something for a front fender. Been figuring I'll just pick up a red XR400/250 fender, but tonight I had an idea about forming an aluminum fender for up front. Maybe add a little mudflap for style?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-10-2018, 05:17 PM   #354
sympul
Everything is simple...

CF Addict
sympul's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 436
Flipped Off 381 Times in 55 Posts
sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Just finished reading this through... and now I want a toy for the dirt.

Damn you.

Sympul

fighter THIS bitches!!!

Check out my SV650 when it was stock! HERE!

Check out my SV (and other assorted items) Project Thread! HERE! (because 'stock' is never good enough)

Check out my 'quick flip' project HERE! (07 SV650 ABS)
sympul is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived sympul!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-10-2018, 05:30 PM   #355
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Do it! Dirt bikes are the greatest show on earth, and one with a license plate means you can pretty much ride the whole world. There's nothing like it.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-10-2018, 10:17 PM   #356
Larry02ACR
Fighter
Larry02ACR's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Not only that, but riding dirt does wonders for your street skills. Especially managing traction. And jumping railroad tracks.

Dirt is a much safer (generally) place to be a hooligan.
Larry02ACR is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Larry02ACR!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2018, 12:24 AM   #357
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Roller status ....even if it is with ol' rusty shocks Black rim makes the back tire look sooper beefy.

Started putting the engine back together. Didn't make a lot of progress, so only got the bottom end closed up. Hope to get it stuck back in the frame tomorrow.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2018, 03:16 AM   #358
RS_Raz
Chief Bodger
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:13 PM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

That's a bad man ting rude boy!
...aww, is that a little deery in the background?

Striving to remain dynamic in an ever-evolving environment and shit like that.
RS_Raz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2018, 08:26 AM   #359
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 56 Times in 46 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
No, that's what we in the Northeast call "dinner"

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived SEBSPEED!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2018, 11:07 AM   #360
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
Yep, they're pretty tame around here. It's been several years since I petted one, but they're not very skittish.

But I don't know what your first sentence says, so you'll have to translate that one to English for me

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis