Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes - Page 50 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-20-2019, 12:37 PM   #491
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:23 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

Honestly, too much. Min thickness is 4mm and I'm at 3.8. For a light weight bike that doesn't move real fast I'm not too worried about it for now. What do you reckon it's prone to do being too thin? Warp?Split?
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-20-2019, 12:56 PM   #492
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:23 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

I'd have just left it mostly clean... lol

I've seen pictures of them split, don't know what it took to do.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-20-2019, 04:09 PM   #493
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Probably a gamble of what may happen, really.

Yeah, I just took the high spots down and didn't shave any extra. Mainly the OD where the pad never wears and surfaced with a scotch brite thing on drill ( don't remember what they are called). Flattened the pads with a file, but they are rotten. .2mm is only 7 thou in normal measurements, so I'm not losing any sleep for now.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-27-2019, 08:59 AM   #494
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

So, I've been riding this all weekend. It's better than my expectations. First gear easily chugs down to nothing and the gearbox is super W I D E. I don't even shift in to 5th til around 50mph. Cruising at 65 is effortless and smooth. It pulls through the gears easily with lots of tq and a huge flywheel. Handing at speed on the road is neutral and dead stable. Handling at speed on gravel/dirt it predictable , but if you push harder you can feel the rear getting light. When it gets to that point an extra whiff of throttle sets the bike in to a calm, controllable drift. It's great. The shocks like they could use a bit more damping on road, but that are push and comfy over washboards.

That rear disc is already warping, the headlight needs attention and the seat foam could be firmer (or 40 years fresher?), but pretty much no complaints here! It's a super cheap, super simple, super fun bike. I think I'm about $800 all in and wouldn't change a thing. The package just works. I finally have a bike light and nimble enough to tackle any trail I want, but it's also smooth enough to run at 65mph without breathing hard or wearing me out. This is a fabulous engine for dual sporting. Everything Honda built afterwards had serious limitations. I don't get it!

Oh well, hope you all are having a good time this weekend. Ride safe out there.

Well, tried to attach a pic but it won't work, so enjoy a boring wall of text instead
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-06-2019, 11:37 PM   #495
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

I mentioned it elsewhere, but I hit a deer on this bike last Friday evening. I knew I tore the visors off my helmet, but sheet closer inspection the EPS was cracked and heavily compressed. I apparently smacked my noodle pretty hard, but no concussion or anything. The helmet did it's job well.

I do however have two bone bruises on my right knee. I don't know when I'll be able to ride again. I can't bend my knee far enough to get on the FZ07 and I can't kick start either of the Honda's. This sucks

Please, always wear your armor, guys!
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-07-2019, 01:20 AM   #496
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Leroy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:23 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month 

That's realy sucks. I had broke my clavicle two years ago, the first day I got back to work after my vacations. I didn't wearing a motorcycle jacket. Just jean pants, a t-shirt and my helmet. We have to ride with armour at any season.

I hope you get well soon shiny!
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Leroy!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-07-2019, 10:37 AM   #497
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:23 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

Deer suck. Glad it wasn't worse and that the helmet did it's job.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Junkie!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-07-2019, 08:22 PM   #498
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:23 AM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 14 Times in 8 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

That sucks Eric... haven't you paid in pain enough this year. Take care and heal up.
Your friend Rob.
PS: How's your grandfather doin?

Fuck all that... we gotta get on with this!
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-08-2019, 10:43 AM   #499
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Thanks Beez, it's just part of the game, I reckon.

And Grandpa is doing well. I hope I still move around as good as he did when I'm in my 80's.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-09-2019, 02:15 AM   #500
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:23 PM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Glad to hear you are ok Eric, and that your noggin broke your fall, you hard-headed bugger. Hope that knee sorts itself out without complications.

How'd the bike fair?
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Cookie2000ad!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis