anyone here into gs550s? - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > General Streetfighter Discussion

General Streetfighter Discussion Discussions about streetfighter riding.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > anyone here into gs550s?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2019, 02:49 PM   #1
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:22 AM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default anyone here into gs550s?

picked one up, no title, 100$ tank is good. 99% there. not sure what the fuck to do with it. carbs aren't bound up. definitely needs full going through though.

butcher it? one of you want it? flip it?
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2019, 10:56 PM   #2
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: anyone here into gs550s?

I used to be into that sort of thing, GSX engines fit in them.

I always wanted to do a 550/1200 (GS/Bandit) out of an old E model with the cooler tail section, but just never got around to it, when I finally did do some measuring with a pair of bikes I had on hand, it wouldn't have been a difficult death trap to build. I imagine a Katana 750 lump in a cruiser model like you've got would be a whole ton of fun for banging around being a hooligan. It's a real shame those older bikes are becoming forgotten, when only 6-8 years ago, they pulled 800-1k easily if they could be ridden away on good tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-11-2019, 12:07 PM   #3
tldave
CF Addict
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I found a gs550 group on Facebook, seems to pretty active. I'll see if they want it since this thing could come back to life if someone cared. Anything I do to it wouldn't be nice lol. And I have a million other bikes. I wouldn't mind having a kick start stripped down cafe on some tall wheels, but that's a lot of work on a bike with no title.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-11-2019, 06:11 PM   #4
tldave
CF Addict

someone sold me a buell blast that has been parked since 03 for 100$ today. lol. still has original tires. thing might only have a couple k on it. gonna see if it runs tomorrow. see if I can get another 100$ bike by sunday. lol
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-12-2019, 08:27 AM   #5
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:22 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

I can't find $100 bikes around here. Everyone believes the $1 per cc bullshit and will ask $500-600 for something like that.

If you can find this many $100 bikes I'm thinking you'd come out best parting them on ebay.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-13-2019, 09:27 AM   #6
tldave
CF Addict

Definite upside to where I live. I do see lots of flippable shit down by you though. I also hate staying shit out.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-13-2019, 07:42 PM   #7
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tldave View Post
Definite upside to where I live. I do see lots of flippable shit down by you though. I also hate staying shit out.
If it's more than an hour away I won't invest the time. Used to be tons of old Jap stuff, but the cafe brat rat hipster craze ate up those resources hard over the past 5 years.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2019, 01:12 AM   #8
tldave
CF Addict

Yeah, but still tons of bikes to make money on. Especially now.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2019, 10:19 AM   #9
tldave
CF Addict

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/i...0836479977931/
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-22-2020, 07:09 PM   #10
jiterbug
Fighter In Training
jiterbug's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
jiterbug is a glorious beacon of lightjiterbug is a glorious beacon of lightjiterbug is a glorious beacon of lightjiterbug is a glorious beacon of lightjiterbug is a glorious beacon of lightjiterbug is a glorious beacon of lightjiterbug is a glorious beacon of lightjiterbug is a glorious beacon of lightjiterbug is a glorious beacon of light

I built a GS 550 frame with an RF900 motor a couple years ago. Was a fun ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	May 2016 080.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	453.9 KB
ID:	107828   Click image for larger version

Name:	039.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	917.8 KB
ID:	107830  

www.dnadesignairbrushing.com

"The chief enemy of creativity is good sense." Pablo Picasso

"The common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams
jiterbug is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived jiterbug!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > General Streetfighter Discussion