Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Love For My Fighter Brothers & Sisters

18K views 212 replies 32 participants last post by  Smoker 
#1 ·
Well, not many fighter sisters around now, but I could never forget Michelle or Phoebe.

Thank you, Donna for being my eMom. Your presence has been comforting during tough times, and keeping you in my thoughts has kept me from risking my life more than I already have.

Some of my best fighter friends aren't around anymore. I think about you and miss you all the time.

We're now a small group of dedicated gearheads. I couldn't be more proud to be one of you. I don't even tell people I do anesthesia, I tell them I build bikes. It consumes my thoughts and dreams.

Thanks much to all my fighter brothers for sharing their thoughts and lives with me. You guys have helped me discover something within myself that has brought much happiness. These years have been good ones.

For most people in my situation, the cancer comes back in around 5 years. For me, not much over 5 months. I have to start taking drugs next week that are going to fuck me up. Pretty sure chemo or radiation are about 2 months away. Can't say what's going to happen with me or the bikes. Should have prepared better, but was trying to get the bikes finished. That's what I love to do. Time could be very short now, and no way can I get everything done.

I sure would like to see finished bikes, and I have plenty of motivation to live. Problem is, I'm not riding this bike called cancer, I'm just the passenger.

I love you guys. :knucks:

See less See more
#3 ·
Pulling for you, Smoker.

Since bumper sticker positive slogans are bullshit and you're not someone that needs their hand held- fuck this shit. Nobody deserves any of this. Honestly hoping/praying for a miracle. Glad to hear you're still motivated to fight it.

#6 ·
Second that. What possible harm could it do? Since it seems the sands of time are eventually going to run out why not use the remaining time to do whatever the fuck you want. Try new things, go places, build the bikes, get blasted, whatever rings your bell.

#16 ·
Crossed my mind just now that I've got 3 family members and two people I work around that beat cancer.

Both my Mom's parents beat cancer. Grandma had breast cancer, Grandaddy had colon cancer. My wife's brother in-law had pancreatic cancer and beat it. All three of them are 15+yrs without any issues.

A guy at the warehouse I buy supplies from had brain cancer. Couldn't operate. 10+ yrs later and he's currently on vacation. He's out camping with his family.

Another guy I know though work got throat cancer. Chemo and radiation and he beat that shit, too.

Positive vibes.

#21 ·
Having read your bike stuff and more than often your words of wisdom,having seen your pics of work for almost 9 years ,having chatted back and forth on PM.I can truly say I luv ya mate.
Nothing but the highest respect for you Pete.

#22 ·
Feeling is mutual, Rob.

The plan was to finish the bikes in the next few years. Retirement isn't far away, and was thinking I could have a van and take the bikes to meets around the country.

Meeting and talking with other bike people is the best part of it all.

Plans will have to change, but the bottom line will always be the same.

#23 ·
The time is now to be making memories, make memories in the day with your family and at night be in your garage building your dream. No one dreams the same but with the bike your family will have something to look at and reminisce.
But you're not out of this game yet - a fighter, will always fight!

#26 ·
Thanks, James.

Something of a dilemma about the bikes.

No wife, no kids. My Mom's quite elderly, and she's never had any appreciation for bikes. Her husband's never owned a bike, and wouldn't have a clue what's stock and what's custom. My brother's been riding maybe 4 years. He loves it, but hasn't had time to develop an understanding about custom bikes. He's happy riding a really nice stock bike with a couple of basic mods.

Hate to say it, but after the bikes are finished, they might need to be sold. If someone's willing to shell out cash, they probably have some appreciation for the bike.

Or, I could give the bikes to people that I know would appreciate them.

My family doesn't have much money, so that may also influence my decision. Have no idea atm.

Hopefully, my family will have the fighter urn project to hold onto. :knucks:

#31 ·
PETE! Gosh, its tough to hear about this...and know what you're going through. I've been out of the loop for so long that I hadn't really realized. Feel like a bum.

If there's one guy I know on here that has a strong enough will to get something done, it's you. You've already done the impossible with creating parts for your bikes. You did things people didn't want to do or said couldn't be done. You knew it was possible so you just did it. I know you have overcome many other challenges in life and have always come out smiling. The quiet man with the big fookin stick. I applaud you for continuing to work on your bikes to get them complete, but I also implore you to work on your health. I've seen you and know enough about you to know that you're a healthy bodied human being. Keep your mind strong and the positive thoughts going. Negativity is a cancer itself, it breeds and manifests and grows if you let it.

You're fucking strong enough. You fucking deserve to go on. You have a place on this earth continuing to inspire and help people. I might not be on this page all the time but I assure you, I think about you more than I post here. Keep the fight alive Smoker! Show em who the real white snoop dogg is! lol (fighter fest jokes)

#35 ·
lol I'm with Grymm. 1/2lb of brisket will make one great sandwich. One.

Toast an onion bagel and slather sweet bbq sauce ( tomato based, not that shitty mustard/vinegar slop the Carolina guys call bbq sauce)on both buns. Melted cheddar on one side and chilled coleslaw on the other. Brisket in the middle and go to town. Dip that in chilled Ranch and have at it. And I don't even like red meat!

#36 ·
Toast an onion bagel and slather sweet bbq sauce ( tomato based, not that shitty mustard/vinegar slop the Carolina guys call bbq sauce)on both buns. Melted cheddar on one side and chilled coleslaw on the other. Brisket in the middle and go to town. Dip that in chilled Ranch and have at it.
OH, FUCK YES!!! :D Maybe someday soon.

Still cutting weight, so have to go easy.

Been several days between 149 and 152 lbs. Need to stay below 150. That's my goal for now.

Did this with the brisket last night. Damn good after many years!

The weight loss has allowed me to get back on my skates, even with my bad knee. Can't skate yet, but can do exercises to get my legs and cardio into shape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.