Boneheads V-tec - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads

2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads Only post here if you are the builder! Comments in the Discussion threads please.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Boneheads V-tec

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-18-2018, 04:20 AM   #1
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Local Time: 05:07 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 5 Times in 3 Posts
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 
Default Boneheads V-tec

Hi folks,

This is a first for me, but as I have enjoyed reading so many past builds I thought that I would try and be an active participant...... and I think I may need a bit of help full advice and some motivation to complete.

I picked up this little beauty, for $450.00, it needs some love, its a 2006 VFR 800 Vtec, I did get it started but it was blowing a fair bit of smoke and the oil was milky when emptied, head gasket maybe?, I've never opened up a motor so it may be easier to just search out a replacement

The multi coloured paint scheme from the previous owner took some, alot of paint stripper to clean up, and will need some more after I figure out what I am going to do, I'm thinking motor cross style handle bars, new sub frame, front end, headlight, front radiator and it has to be white

I did strip it down prior to entering the build off, I assume thats O.K?

Here is how it stands today.

bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-18-2018, 04:28 AM   #2
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Boneheads V-tec

Oh, and its rolling on summer here and I am doing a winter build off
This user High Fived bonehead!
The Following User Says F-U to bonehead For This Post:
RS_Raz (12-09-2018)
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-20-2018, 05:17 AM   #3
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

Cut the lock stops from a set of CBR 929 forks and slid then straight in, remind me to put some grease on them when they come out again.

Sat some handlebars on top and need to figure out how to drill and cut risers with the gullwing triple tree, considering chopping off the ignition and any headlight bar a yamaha MT 03, which I think look great, but too common.

Here is my vision.

New rear subframe for stock seat,way up high and grey, white wheels, white tank, white front guard and white undertail, grey seat.

A bit like this but without any fairing, 8 spoke, white exhaust, 750cc and carburetors

These people High Fived bonehead!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-23-2018, 02:29 PM   #4
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

Spent the evening with the top triple clamp, risers, a set of handlebars, a ruler,
masking tape and a sharpie.
The section of the handlebars to mount the risers lands exactly where the CBR 929 changes height and angle and was a pain in the ass.
I cut the risers with an angle grinder to try and match the elevation and angles.
Reluctant to drill and cut ignition off, will sit and think about it

I'd like to reuse the existing speedo, makes the wiring easier and I could have a fully functioning information thingo, has a flashing HISS light that I also like but its big and will be a challenge to hide or blend with a headlight.

Put the controls on for a look see.
Appreciate the support, thanks to all.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2018, 05:08 AM   #5
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

This bike with it's counter leavered unsupported seat is a great read on Aussie Streetfighters and somewhat an inspiration for my sub frame.
[/url]
Started to fab up a rear subframe, I want to use the original seat, it's quit svelt when it doesn't have the remainder of the original fat arse under it, including the twin cans.

Mocked up some sort of support bracketry and a tail light.

Put the old seat on.

Had this scrap piece of metal floor joist lieing around.

Ended up with a couple of these.

They bolt onto the existing sub frame mount like this.

A couple of cross braces and temp seat support

The original sub frame was connected to to the cross base with some beefyish tabs which i bolted my frame rails to, but I wasn't happy, I don't think it is strong enough, so I made two of these.
I was on fire welding.
They were going to go here and be welded to the new seat support rails

Put the seat on, started measuring.

Fuck, fuck,fuck,fuck.
There is not enough room for a battery, even the most smallest of small batteries will not fit.

Lets call this subframe version 1, think about it and come back to it latter.

Fuck,fuck,fuckety, fuck
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2018, 05:07 AM   #6
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

We had a 1 in a 100 year storm during the week and over 100mm fell in one hour,
insurance company sent txt msg warning of impending doom,
I didn't go to work, stayed home and made one these from a fish plate,(cable ladder joiner)
whist it rained and stormed and winded cats and dogs, it will attach to the old oil cooler mounts under the frame.

I also got "an anything but Yamaha Mt-03 headlight", but unable to post picture as I get

"You have exceeded the number of files allowed to you", am I doing something wrong??
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-01-2018, 02:27 AM   #7
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

Picture posting by attachment
Name:  C.F.5.2.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  204.6 KB
Will difficult to incorporate O.E.M speedo with this hat full of arseholes headlight.Name:  C.F.5.3.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  158.9 KB
Looks kinda O.K from the front,but side on = not on
New headlight search begins
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-01-2018, 03:30 AM   #8
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

I got a piece of warehouse shelf racking (100 x 50) to make a bigger and
better version 2.0 sub frame.
This version will have extra space to put the battery and starter solenoid under the seat
Name:  C.F.7.1.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  62.4 KB
Learnt some lessons from version 1.0 and ended up with this, they will attach to the original subframe mount and also be bolted perpendicular through the frame cross brace.
Name:  C.F.7.2.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  63.0 KB
and so they look like this.
Name:  C.F.7.3.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  113.1 KB
Put the seat on, I like it, not so much the headlight, ignition just behind the invisible front mount radiator
Name:  C.F.7.4.jpg
Size:  110.6 KB
still not a headlight fan.
Name:  C.F.7.5.jpg
Size:  111.6 KB
Should post up some of my shit welding......not today.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-03-2018, 06:02 AM   #9
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

The benefit of doing things twice has its advantages, got to practice twice as much welding and grinding and welding and grinding and welding and grinding, very happy with this little gem.
Name:  C.F.8.1.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  47.0 KB
And then got to do another 4 meters.
Name:  C.F.8.2.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  139.0 KB
Made this bracket to hold down the seat, and another for the seat lock mechanism, had to make and move the seat hold down bracket, I would like to have the OEM key operate it but still looking for a place to locate it.
Name:  C.F.8.3.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  102.7 KB
Fabbed up a subframe location fixing jig.
Name:  C.F.8.4.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  170.7 KB
Now have to just figure out a sub frame under tail, thinking fibreglass.
Name:  C.F.8.5.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  135.5 KB
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-05-2018, 03:40 PM   #10
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

Found some lumber lying around.
Name:  C.F.9.1.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  77.4 KB
Got the sharpie and planer out
Name:  C.F.9.2.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  65.5 KB
It fits under here.
Name:  C.F.9.3.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  83.4 KB
Then made this jigsaw puzzle from some scrap firewood.
Name:  C.F.9.4.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  97.7 KB
Test fit.
Name:  C.F.9.5.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  63.4 KB

Don't like it in its current form and shape, too much bell end.

Will be considering other alternatives before delving further into mould preparation
and processes.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads