yantosh's high hopes - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads

2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads Only post here if you are the builder! Comments in the Discussion threads please.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > yantosh's high hopes

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-11-2018, 07:15 AM   #1
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:37 PM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default yantosh's high hopes

Ah go on then, there's little chance I'll finish this in time, but lets give it a go, can't expect other people to join in and keep it alive if i'm not willing

I have no dated pic, I'll try get one

Name:  fully stripped.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  56.5 KB

it's an old scabby FZ750

plan is track refugee, endurance racer'ish' kinda thing, There are plans to take on a stoopid large project for someone real soon, so this need to get to the shed and get and frame mods done asap

here's where we are with it

https://www.customfighters.com/forum...d.php?t=131434
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-17-2018, 05:42 PM   #2
yantosh

yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: yantosh's high hopes

dragged it home, got a big job starting real soon so it has to be gone again soon

dug about the shelves and found the foot controls from the GSXR 1000

Click image for larger version

Name:	fz3.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	103006

I'll make the controls fit the adapters I replaced on Deeks build

Name:	fz6.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	103008

no point in procrastination ..... chop chop

Name:	fz5.jpg
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	103010

think I'll chop this bracket off too

Name:	fz4.jpg
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	103012

hopefully we're at about rock bottom

Name:	fz2.jpg
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	103014

need to find a local blasting place now, get the rust and paint off
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-18-2018, 03:47 PM   #3
yantosh

standard headlight weighs a fuckin tonne , reckon they use it as an anti wheelie device , so I'll see how this single round one looks, it's a fraction of the weight but still takes an H4

Name:	fz7.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	103030

thinking offset to the left and frenched in ... prefer a smaller light, but financial and practical considerations will play a part

Name:	fz8.jpg
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	103032

the fairing looks like it's been in the wars, going to take a bit of fixing

Name:	fz9.jpg
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	103034

Name:	fz10.jpg
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	103036

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-20-2018, 04:25 PM   #4
yantosh

shitty update,

found someone who'll blast the frame, but their blast room not set up till Jan, so bottom yoke next on the list , drawings done, just need machine time
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-21-2018, 05:35 PM   #5
yantosh

doing my very best to keep a lid on this, why make a bottom yoke to hide behind the fairing when I have one already.... ten min with an angle grinder and all the casting marks are off , the extra brackets are off and it's ready for a stem (can make a new one if the notion takes me later )

Name:	fz11.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	103078

Name:	fz12.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	103080

not changing the top shock mount, it looks fine

got steel here for foot control mounts, back to a rolling chassis soon

cheap and cheerful
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-22-2018, 04:12 PM   #6
yantosh

stem's in, not putting in the frame today, need the rearset brackets first , easier to weld on bare frame

Name:	fz13.jpg
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	103096
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-24-2018, 05:51 PM   #7
yantosh

I know the welding doesn't match the stuff on the old footrest tab, but it'll do, I'll weld right round once I get a seat on and check the position

Name:	fz14.jpg
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	103132

they look better than the originals

Name:	fz15.jpg
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	103134

found a GSXR top yoke in the van, trimmed the ignition barrel off and i'll drill for risers (just for set up, i will make a top yoke, then can sell this one )

Name:	fz16.jpg
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	103136

going the Rex route with a big fat period correct'ish tail, once the tank is ready to re-fit i can start a subframe , if the tail is too fat i can simply slim it down

Name:	fz17.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	189.3 KB
ID:	103138

Name:	fz18.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	103140

but that can wait until the fairing is on too ,
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-26-2018, 01:24 PM   #8
yantosh

top subbie mounts hewn from a scrap piece of 1" angle

Name:	fz19.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	252.5 KB
ID:	103386

they go here

Name:	fz20.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	103388

Name:	fz21.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	103390

they are now tacked on, but didn't feel the need for moar pics

I'll get some rose joints (heim) to use as ends on the subframe, quick easy and adjustable
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-31-2018, 02:40 PM   #9
yantosh

managed to dig out a couple of M10 rose joints , and bend a couple of bits of tube

Name:	fz22.jpg
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	103488

got it chopped to the length I think it needs to be, but need to turn up a pair of threaded inserts befor it cango any further

Name:	fz23.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	103490

think I got paint scheme sorted too
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-01-2019, 11:20 AM   #10
yantosh

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorcycle-...=fsclp_pl_dp_5

putting here so I don't lose

did look at new R1 headlights, but lookingat 170 - 200 , which to be fair is ok if it was a big build
This user High Fived yantosh!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads