Boneheads V-tec - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads

2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads Only post here if you are the builder! Comments in the Discussion threads please.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Boneheads V-tec

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-07-2019, 09:20 PM   #31
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Local Time: 08:18 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 5 Times in 3 Posts
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Boneheads V-tec

I'd like some advice regarding relocating a front brake caliper.
Unsure if I should ask here or in the Help section, maybe both?
I have complete CBR 929 front end, forks, brake, wheel
I want more spokes on a front wheel than the CBR's 3 spokes, shiny's front wheel, CBR 600 is similar if the not same to the VFR's and looks great white and has more spokes.
Can't find RC 51 front wheel, regardless of $$ here in Australia, .
I can make VFR wheel fit CBR forks with new bearings and spacers.
The calipers are set for the CBR's 330mm rotors not a VFR's 296mm but they do run thru center of the brake caliper which is good.

I found these caliper repostioners.

Click image for larger version

Name:	front brake 1.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	103872

Will never find any fit for purpose but gave me this idea.

Name:  front brake 2.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  178.2 KB

Made some MDF templates, each side is 12mm, same as mounting tabs on fork and caliper

Name:  front brake 3.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  193.4 KB

Name:  front brake 4.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  171.3 KB

Click image for larger version

Name:	front brake 5.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	310.8 KB
ID:	103880

I think I may be able to fab these out 25mm thick 6061 aluminium.
Thoughts?
So to add extra to the mix, I've found that CBR 1100 Blackbird 310mm rotors can fit VFR wheel, this would give the bracket extra meet in the center as the caliper wouldn't be pushed in as far.

Any input or improvement's more than welcome.
bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived bonehead!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-08-2019, 06:20 PM   #32
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 

Used a socket and a wheel nut to make some recesses for the fixing bolts.

Name:  C.F.32.1.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  54.2 KB

I think Zweihammer and Seibweir would like the patenna.

Name:  C.F.32.2.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  88.4 KB

And here's that speedo.

Name:  C.F.32.3.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  50.4 KB

just needs some filler and paint

Name:  C.F.32.4.jpg
Size:  88.7 KB
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2019, 07:45 AM   #33
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

Big shout out to @titan for his information and providing pictures of his bikes ECM installation and location....thanks mate.

Name:  C.F.33.1.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  53.2 KB

looks like it's made for it

Name:  C.F.33.2.jpg
Size:  68.0 KB

Not many keep the flapper and I found something very satisfying about having a perfectly good stock airbox lid and taking a angle grinder to it.

Name:  C.F.33.3.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  77.9 KB

Shiney will love this part

Name:  C.F.33.4.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  57.5 KB

I stuck a temperature heat probe in the same spot as the ECM on the build bike on my stock VFR to see what the heat is going under there.

Name:  C.F.33.5.jpg
Size:  61.1 KB

I even went looking for some heavy traffic type jams to see what would happen, generally the temp under tank is same as the ambient temperature when riding , goes up a little bit when your done riding and the engine is switched off........bugger all difference

and yes that is 131k kms on the clock, all mine, longest relationship I've ever had.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2019, 03:42 AM   #34
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

A couple of hours every evening this week, resulted in getting the all the turn signal working.
Fussy buggers getting the bar end indicators wired, joined and soldered thru the controls.

Name:  C.F.34.1.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  105.2 KB

Repositioned the bank angle sensor

Name:  C.F.34.2.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  130.7 KB

Made some number plate brackets, installed 2 led number plate bolts and a tail light.

Name:  C.F.34.3.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  152.7 KB

Hooked up a temp battery and we have flashing lights

Name:  C.F.34.4.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  45.2 KB

Took alot of pics to get these little bastards flashing on together, yeah could of shorted them out, but stuborness, you know.

Name:  C.F.34.5.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  75.5 KB

Cheapo ebay bar end indicators are brighter than I thought, wonder if they are legal......who gives a
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-23-2019, 05:39 PM   #35
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

I've been trying to tick of at least something every week at least.
Added to my stick coil brackets to provide a lower radiator mount.

Name:  C.F.35.1.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  111.6 KB

Tapped a couple of holes in the frame, rubber grommet and washer between the frame and radiator is mounted.

Name:  C.F.35.2.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  63.2 KB

Joining two radiator hoses for the left side was easier than finding a vfr750 hose.

Name:  C.F.35.3.jpg
Size:  70.7 KB

Mounts for a radiator overflow attached to stator cover.

Name:  C.F.35.4.jpg
Size:  139.7 KB

A splash of paint and made lock stops.

Name:  C.F.35.5.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  55.8 KB
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-04-2019, 12:13 AM   #36
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

Spent a pleasant Sunday cutting, filing, a bit of sanding and a quick polish, wanted to complete something completely unlike the myriad of half completed things which I'm trying not to let lead me astray and think that I will never ever finish, or at least by deadline.

Started with a few different ideas, holes would of been the easiest, but who wants easy?

Triangles......nah, triangle and trapezium yes, (trapezoid USA) anyone else think it was rhombus?? or give a shit???

Name:  C.F.36.1.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  223.6 KB

Drill some holes and angle grinder out bulk.

Name:  C.F.36.2.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  127.3 KB

Hand files it down to the line and the corners

Name:  C.F.36.3.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  143.9 KB

A bit of polish

Name:  C.F.36.4.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  135.1 KB

Finally rivets into the undertail

Name:  C.F.36.5.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  83.0 KB

(Had to make an angled spacer off the pipe to keep the bracket nice and plumb)

next......
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-10-2019, 07:40 AM   #37
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

This week I prepped the headlight parts that I made.

Name:  C.F.37.1.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  112.1 KB

Splashed some white paint on.

Name:  C.F.37.2.jpg
Size:  95.8 KB

I admit to being a bit of a vinyl wrap fan, used a mat flat for my black bike, but discovered this glossy almost real looking carbon fibre vinyl, and it has many of the properties of real carbon fibre apart from the cost, quality, and longevity, and credibility, requires a healthy mind set before starting as it requires a high degree of patience and being gloss loves to show up imperfections and air bubbles.

Its a fucking pain in the ass

Name:  C.F.37.3.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  178.4 KB

Name:  C.F.37.4.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  161.5 KB

Couldn't help myself and used the same white vinyl as is on the undertail on the headlight side filler pieces.

Name:  C.F.37.5.jpg
Size:  81.8 KB

Some more pinch weld to dress the edges and headlight finished.

NEXT
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-14-2019, 07:54 PM   #38
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

Had some genuine imitation carbon vinyl wrap leftover, so..

Name:  C.F.38.1.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  128.4 KB

Name:  C.F.38.2.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  55.5 KB

Name:  C.F.38.3.jpg
Size:  87.2 KB

Pulled the motor frame bolt out and replaced with some longer 12mm threaded rod,
cut down shorter the way to long white frame sliders.

Name:  20190123_165650.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  215.9 KB

Imitation carbon expansion tank bracket with 500oz flask expansion tank, the narrow profile works better than round bottle I usually see used

Name:  C.F.38.4.jpg
Size:  88.1 KB

NEXT
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-17-2019, 10:42 PM   #39
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

Off the imitation carbon fibre and into genuine stainless steel..... from the scrap yard $3.00,
some sort of door handle or maybe a towel hanger, I think

Name:  C.F.39.1.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  42.9 KB

Perfect for the other exhaust hanger

Name:  C.F.39.2.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  51.3 KB

A couple of bends and couple and holes latter

Name:  C.F.39.3.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  48.8 KB

some sanding and polishing

Name:  C.F.39.4.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  91.7 KB

NEXT......
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-23-2019, 02:52 AM   #40
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

Back to the front.

I get so caught up doing stuff, music buzzing, sometimes working on this bike that I completely forget about taking pictures, I like the way some layout there ill gotten gain in the merch bags, real handy to see what some parts look like and to know where to buy things from, I'm on first names talking with the postie he's delivered so many things and can't wait to rip anything open to see whats inside.......forget about taking a picture.

And so it was with my front brake caliper rebuild, that and covered in old shitty brake fluid, pulled them apart, cleaned them up, new seals, put them together, hardly any pics.

Name:  C.F.40.1.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  214.1 KB

Name:  C.F.40.3.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  122.8 KB

Name:  C.F.40.2.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  82.9 KB

NEXT

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads