Boneheads V-tec - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads

2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads Only post here if you are the builder! Comments in the Discussion threads please.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Boneheads V-tec

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-28-2019, 06:43 PM   #41
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Local Time: 08:45 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 5 Times in 3 Posts
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Boneheads V-tec

I decided I am going to go for the VFR800 front wheel (white), CBR 929 shocks and brake calipers with CBR1100xx rotors (310mm) and try and make some brackets, like the MDF
ones out of some aluminium.

I'd previously cleaned up the VFR front wheel and rotors.

Name:  C.F.41.1.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  162.9 KB

Can never do enough paint stripping

Name:  C.F.41.2.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  153.1 KB

Wont be needing these VFR's 296mm rotors for this bike, handy to have for my stock VFR

Name:  C.F.41.3.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  85.3 KB

Knocked out the existing bearings, 20mm I.D and drilled out the inner bearing race to suit the 929's 25mm axle with a hole saw. Got new 47x25x12 bearings $38 and didn't take any pics again

Name:  C.F.41.4.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  115.4 KB

Needed some custom spacers as the VFR's bearings are 14mm wide and the new bearings are only 12mm, couldn't find any pipe with a 25mm and a little bit inside diameter so I came back from the scrap yard with leg from a sofa and lower leg from a set of crutches.
Sleeved the crutch inside the sofa leg, measured, cut, filed, right about now a lathe or someone with a lathe would of been handy, regardless ended up with some axle spacers and centered wheel.

Name:  C.F.41.5.jpg
Size:  239.6 KB
bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived bonehead!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-28-2019, 06:56 PM   #42
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 

Only pic I could find with axles, stock 20mm VFR and 25mm CBR with custom spacers and 1 x original, I don't know why it's there.

Name:  C.F.42.1.jpg
Size:  95.6 KB
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-31-2019, 11:43 PM   #43
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

Any members with ANY milling experience, please look away, as it will only bring shame and embarrassment to your profession, I apologize for what's about to unfold......

Looked around at getting a milling machine or someone with a mill and settled with neither.

Lashed out $35.99 with free postage ( i'm a sucker for free postage ) and got me one of these little beauties.

Name:  C.F.43.1.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  80.6 KB

Could of out layed $78.99 for the precision model but being that they appear to be exactly the same thing from the same factory, presumably, thought I put the change into some of these for $11.79

Name:  C.F.43.2.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  127.5 KB

Now all I needed was some of this, 50 x 25 x 1000 6061 $32.00 plus postage $17.00

Name:  C.F.43.3.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  57.3 KB

I was now ready to begin my journey into brake caliper reposition bracket fabrication, after I'd viewed a couple of youtube video's about why not to use a drill press,which I already had, I decided to use it anyway.

Name:  C.F.43.4.jpg
Size:  64.7 KB

Mark up, from MDF template, quickly discovered that just cutting this stuff is going to lots of fun, drilled lots of holes then joined the dots with a jigsaw and plenty of lube.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C.F.43.5.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	754.2 KB
ID:	104316

I've bought enough aluminium to have a few goes at doing this.

My first attempt was just to get a "feel" for the material, pressure, speed, luckily I had no other plans for the weekend,

to be continued...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-01-2019, 12:04 AM   #44
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

Here's my result from a weekends "milling"

Name:  C.F.44.1.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  73.9 KB

Name:  C.F.44.3.jpg
Size:  78.2 KB

Decided to spray red paint on one side, thought it might improve its appearance like blue engineers dye does.... it didn't.

Back into it.

Name:  C.F.44.2.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  162.9 KB

I drilled 2 mounting holes and it did mount up to the fork bracket

Name:  C.F.44.4.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  80.2 KB

I failed to show enough respect to accuracy and lets be real, ability, I have also vowed to use this as a positive experience with my next attempt.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-02-2019, 01:10 AM   #45
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

I had another go at making the caliper bracket, same drill, same vice,
different attitude, different cutting implement, used a hole saw mainly.

Name:	C.F.45.1.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	104394

This time I concentrated on accuracy, slowed down and thought about what and where
I was cutting.

Name:	C.F.45.2.jpg
Size:	882.0 KB
ID:	104396

Made sure I set the depth gauge on the drill and pulled the piece out and regularly measured as well with some verniers.

Name:	C.F.45.3.jpg
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	104398

The hole saw cut a lot quicker, I could bulk it out with overlapping passes and then finish
the bases with a finer cut for a smoother finish.
I used a grinder and a belt sander to chop the perimeter and some hand files to smooth of the internal curves and changed the design of the lower section.

Name:  C.F.45.4.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  45.0 KB

I accidently put a nick in the bracket whilst running the saw over the the top so I tried sanding it down, but its to deep, so it's now a feature of hand crafted toil.

Name:	C.F.45.5.jpg
Size:	762.2 KB
ID:	104402

Wet and dry has made it so smooth, it feels good, if it was smaller I'd tie a rope around it and wear it as a necklace.........nah I don't think so

I bought new 310mm CBR1100xx with postage $255, final mounting holes will be measured, marked and drilled and taped when they arrive and fitted.

Now, just have to make another mirror imaged piece for the other side, very happy with the way this one has turned out after my pitiful first attempt.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-03-2019, 07:47 PM   #46
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

My latest updates show up on my laptop but when I tried to show a friend on my mobile phone the last posts, not just mine, other post updates are not visible and are days old??
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-07-2019, 06:15 AM   #47
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

A superb weekend caped with a most excellent day today.

Name:  C.F.46.1.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  79.0 KB

Drilled and chopped the second bracket.

Name:  C.F.46.2.jpg
Size:  112.3 KB

Drilled, milled and chopped some more.

Name:  C.F.46.3.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  99.9 KB

Grinded and filed.

Name:  C.F.46.4.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  100.3 KB

Waiting for 310mm CBR1100xx brake rotors to show up now.

Name:  C.F.46.5.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  72.3 KB

Looks like I got this machining caper sorted, who needs some yokes?
Yantosh?, Sebspeed?, Macanter?, what about Rex?
can have them done by Xmas, $5k.......bargain
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-07-2019, 06:53 AM   #48
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

Bracket fitted to caliper.

Name:  C.F.47.1.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  99.5 KB

Drilled and tapped the bracket to fit the fork leg, will wait for rotors to arrive before fitting caliper to bracket.

Name:  C.F.47.2.jpg
Size:  80.9 KB

Cleaned and sanded the wheels.

Name:  C.F.47.3.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  55.0 KB

A friend of mine has a work connection to get the wheels powder coated for me, being a love job I doubt there would be a quick turn around and back in time for the finish line,
so I've used white plasti dip paint, that's why the wheels got painted with the tyres on,
I'll also get some new tyres when the old ones come off when Dicko comes thru with my powder coated wheels.

Name:  C.F.47.4.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  46.4 KB

Can't have newish painted wheels and new brake rotors with some cleaned and shiny fixing's

Name:  C.F.47.5.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  61.4 KB

Hope all had a good a weekend as I
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-09-2019, 06:46 PM   #49
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

My fatuation with cheap thin plastic films continued.

Stock CBR 929 front guard

Name:	C.F.48.1.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	717.2 KB
ID:	104526

Went for a three piece approach

Name:	C.F.48.2.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	623.6 KB
ID:	104528

Not to many wrinkles on top but still a bit shit where it overlaps

Name:	C.F.48.3.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	675.5 KB
ID:	104530

Tried masking the join with some black striping,
ahm.. electrical tape and the guard looks big and bulky

Name:  C.F.48.4.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  105.9 KB

Then saw this CBR1000 fibreglass guard on Ebay for $50 and grabbed it, figured there couldn't be to much difference between fork mountings both being Honda

Name:  C.F.48.4.png
Views: 86
Size:  174.1 KB

still waiting for rotors, and now guard and also because the front brake caliper is repositioned longer front brake lines
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-11-2019, 07:11 AM   #50
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

Rotors showed up

Name:  C.F.49.1.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  79.2 KB

Have to get some new locktite tomorrow.

Name:  C.F.49.2.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  72.4 KB

Going to be good weekend

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads