Boneheads V-tec - Page 6 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads

2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads Only post here if you are the builder! Comments in the Discussion threads please.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Boneheads V-tec

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-14-2019, 03:56 AM   #51
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Local Time: 07:33 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 5 Times in 3 Posts
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Boneheads V-tec

Got my new front guard and painted it

Click image for larger version

Name:	C.F.50.1.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	731.8 KB
ID:	104596.

The caliper brackets took a bit of tooling around to make fit,
thought I'd make em shiny before bolting them on for the thirteenth time

Name:	C.F.50.2.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	104598
bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived bonehead!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-14-2019, 06:36 AM   #52
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 

It took a lot of grinding and filing and putting the brackets onto the forks and calipers on the brackets and back off again to set the new rotors at correct depth inside the brake calipers.

Name:  C.F.51.1.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  106.5 KB

I got some m8 dome head bolts to fit the parts together, lining up the caliper to to the bracket and taping the holes had to be precise, didn't want to fuck it up now, used blue loctite for rotor bolts and the caliper bolts.
Put the brake lines on and made a bracket to secure them to the guard.

Name:  C.F.51.2.jpg
Size:  93.3 KB

Left side

Name:  C.F.51.3.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  61.2 KB

Right side.

Name:  C.F.51.4.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  106.9 KB

Fuck yeh!!!!

Name:  C.F.51.5.jpg
Size:  140.9 KB

Ebay axle slider $26.00, had to drill the axle nut to fit the sliders
Brakes still need bleeding.
Getting close to a test ride.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-19-2019, 04:16 AM   #53
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

I chose to wrap the headers, $21 for 30m, only because the original pipes look so puny, figure it may make the pipes look bigger, saves @$1400.00 on the reproduction Two Brothers header, awsome acheivement and power increase btw and I would also require a fuel controller @$400.

I hate installing the stuff makes me so itchy even when I full safety suit, respirator and gloves.

Name:  C.F.52.1.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  84.7 KB

Name:  C.F.52.2.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  79.2 KB

Name:  C.F.52.3.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  46.1 KB

I've put on a new air filter, oil filter and fresh oil, brake and clutch fluid,
..... getting close to a test ride

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-22-2019, 06:01 AM   #54
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

I saw Leroy has used a style of mirror that I was considering using, don't want anyone confusing our bikes with the same mirrors and since orders for my yokes, possibly due to Easter or trying to flog an unproduced, unproven, and expensive product has not eventuated I thought I'd make use of my 6061 aluminium bar stock.

Name:  C.F.53.1.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  58.2 KB

Drilled a hole

Name:  C.F.53.2.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  121.5 KB

Did some hacksawing

Name:  C.F.53.3.jpg
Size:  78.9 KB

Did some more hacksawing

Name:  C.F.54.4.jpg
Size:  53.3 KB

And ended up with 2 of these.

Name:  C.F.55.5.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  29.6 KB
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-22-2019, 06:07 AM   #55
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

continued...

changed my original design

Name:  C.F.54.1.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  53.3 KB

Marked and drilled and taped some holes

Name:  C.F.54.2.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  40.6 KB

Before and after a bit more grinding, sanding and polishing

Name:  C.F.54.4.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  39.7 KB

and painted 2 of these

Name:  C.F.54.3.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  42.3 KB
This user High Fived bonehead!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-22-2019, 06:57 AM   #56
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

ran out of black paint, might stick with this silver colour

Name:  C.F.55.1.jpg
Size:  63.8 KB

Name:  C.F.55.2.jpg
Size:  75.1 KB

and because there is 2 sides to most handlebars

Name:  C.F.55.3.jpg
Size:  84.2 KB

Don't know weather I like em that much

Name:  CF.55.4.jpg
Size:  63.9 KB

but I do like that I made them
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-28-2019, 04:51 AM   #57
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

I got a new, small, light weight, expensive battery

Attachment 104812

Tidied up the electrical connections, better than this, but didn't get a picture

Attachment 104814

Wrapped the battery in some packing foam for a nice fit in the undertail, I don't know if I should do this, I cut quite a few largish round holes in the foam, still unsure if this going to make battery overheat. Got everything sorted in the tail and put the seat on.

Attachment 104816

Over the build period I'd changed the oil three times and had been starting it when it was startable and slowly it stopped blowing less and less smoke out the exhaust,

It was test time so I rode the bike for the mandatory round the block test ride, had my safety shorts and T-shirt on as you do, I was really wearing every piece of protective kit I have, it felt surprisingly good, the V-tec engagement is going to be something to get used to, makes more noise and sounds faster, but is it?

Did lots of breaking to bed the pads and see if my caliper brackets were going to break, forgot about them after a while and completed just enough laps before the neighbours got cranky, about 15kms all up.

I swapped out the cbr929 brake master cylinder for CBR600rr as I think the coffin style reservoir looked better.

I parked it out the front to get a picture just as a friend of mine shows up for a beer, he knows nothing about this bike nor the build off, I walk over to say hi, and the bike falls over onto the road right before his eye's , I turn around and all I can do is laugh ........WTF
Attached Images

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-30-2019, 10:21 PM   #58
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

Took a couple of days to have a closer look at what damage was done, still not sure why it fell over, probably didn't have the side stand fully engage and with the slight incline it slowly rolled forward and fell over.

The only picture I got was when it was on its side

Little damage really, the bar end indicator smashed and tip of clutch lever broke.

Name:  C.F.58.1.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  85.0 KB

Front axle slider got small graze.

Name:  C.F.58.2.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  70.0 KB

Coolant expansion tank hip flask slight graze.

Name:	C.F.58.3.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	515.0 KB
ID:	104826

and the peg feeler snapped off

Name:  C.F.58.4.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  66.2 KB

the handle bars also got tweaked, I can just bend them back a touch

I've got a couple of more things to do then I'll snap a picture of it upright.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-05-2019, 01:02 AM   #59
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jIG...ature=youtu.be
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-10-2019, 04:03 AM   #60
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

Found out to get this bike road registered my licence plate was tucked up to tight, needs to have a 45 degree veiwing angle from atop , and sides, I thought it looked good.

Name:  C.F.60.1.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  89.5 KB

Had some sheet metal and bent it and drilled it.

Name:  C.F.60.2.jpg
Size:  65.2 KB

Rolled in them in genuine imitation carbon fibre vinyl wrap and pop riveted them to the under tail.

Name:  C.F.60.3.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  55.5 KB

Brought them together and poped riveted the halves together, had to have the rivets inside the bend under the tail.

Name:  C.F.60.4.jpg
Size:  92.1 KB

Ran my plate light wiring down the back sides and there she blows.

Name:  C.F.60.5.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  99.9 KB

Now this afternoon discovered that the flush rear indicators are not far enough apart,
so I have to get two stalk type indicators and mount them out the sides of the rear licence plate.

Going to lose the mirrors, too lolly pop looking.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads