Leroy's XT500Retro - discussion thread - Page 6 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Discussion Threads

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Leroy's XT500Retro - discussion thread

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2019, 11:08 AM   #51
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:43 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Leroy's XT500Retro - discussion thread

I agree with Leroy, what I assumed happened is that something caused the chain to bunch up and once it bunched up it did damage to the anchor points.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Junkie!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2019, 11:25 AM   #52
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:43 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
I agree with Leroy, what I assumed happened is that something caused the chain to bunch up and once it bunched up it did damage to the anchor points.
That's what I was thinking too. I read it wrong the first time and thought Leroy felt the anchor points failed and led to everything else happening. Think we're all on the same page now.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2019, 07:41 PM   #53
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Leroy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:43 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month 

That is the most logical explanation. I just hope that it won't going to happen any other damage to the engine. This one get me back too much already.
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2019, 08:55 PM   #54
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:43 AM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 14 Times in 8 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Leroy... In my early 20's I rode an 1981 XT 500 & my closest friend at the time rode a 1979 TT 500.

He had the top end go on him. After the repair we went for ride and the rear chain came off, bunched up on the front sprocket & broke the left side case to where there was oil pouring out of the break... we put the chain back on and rode back to his house over a mile away. Replaced the case half & lower end bearings were still working... these bikes are tough. Good luck!

Beez.

Fuck all that... we gotta get on with this!
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived beezwiz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-30-2019, 06:48 AM   #55
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I had two xt 600 in the past. This one is the first 500 I own. That said , I can confirm that those engines are almost bulletproof.

It passed my mind to change the case and those days I'm looking for a good and not expensive 600cc engine for replacement. Hard to find any.

So far I've found a 600cc but the second gear is making noise. The rest is working good. The guy is selling motorcycles and is a friend of mine. So I'm thinking to use the gear box and the good case of my engine and replace all the other parts to upgrade the bike. I know that the gear box of those two engines are interchangeable. Can anybody confirm that all the other parts can be replaced as well?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-04-2019, 09:28 PM   #56
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:43 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Haha Those guys head snapped around when you started that thing up! I bet it is loud. That headlight looks to have great output. Most of all I'm surprised at how tall the bike looks.

Kinda curious how you are running without the CDI hooked up. I guess it will still trigger you just won't have any timing advance?
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-05-2019, 01:10 AM   #57
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Local Time: 07:43 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 5 Times in 3 Posts
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 

Well done Leroy, you finished and it looks good
bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived bonehead!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-05-2019, 05:59 AM   #58
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Haha Those guys head snapped around when you started that thing up! I bet it is loud. That headlight looks to have great output. Most of all I'm surprised at how tall the bike looks.

Kinda curious how you are running without the CDI hooked up. I guess it will still trigger you just won't have any timing advance?
Haha yes I didn't realise that those guys were passing from behind. I was in a tense at that moment.

I think I must aim the headlight a litle lower. I'm suprised too with the output!
The bike is short. At least much shorter from wat it was. I'm 1.73cm tall. The video just doesn't show things right

The CDI was on the bike. The box I had make to fit it was missing. It was mounted on the frame with zip-ties

I'm trying to make better my english, but I still need to work on that
This user High Fived Leroy!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-05-2019, 06:11 AM   #59
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
Well done Leroy, you finished and it looks good
Thanks bonehead. It looks that I'm done with engine. But I still have a lot to do.

I need to paint the last bits, the front caliper bracket is half finished, make a midpipe for the exhaust, redo the seat and take care some details. Those problems with the engine, drag me away from the completion of that bike and cost me much more from what I had in my mind...

But I won't give up. I will fight to make it dude
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-15-2019, 07:28 AM   #60
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:43 PM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

turning out very cool Leroy
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Discussion Threads