GOLDEN TRASH 78 KZ650 - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > GOLDEN TRASH 78 KZ650

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-25-2019, 09:05 PM   #11
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:13 AM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 14 Times in 8 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: GOLDEN TRASH 78 KZ650

What did you do with that awesome plush Black & red diamond tuck seat?

Fuck all that... we gotta get on with this!
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-26-2019, 09:20 AM   #12
rabies
time is running out......

Senior Fighterer
rabies's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1,393
Flipped Off 39 Times in 35 Posts
rabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetfighterkz View Post
My dad has a ‘78 650 C model. Has about 11k miles and is pretty unmolested. I love the tails on those....it’s a shame you hacked it off but I know that it’ll be for a good reason.
I only cut the back of frame I still have the plastic tail cowl. I plan on using it actualy of course at a dif angle on a new rear frame floating seat part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezwiz View Post
What did you do with that awesome plush Black & red diamond tuck seat?
still got it. its in my pile of parts. you want it?
rabies is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2019, 09:50 AM   #13
rabies

Senior Fighterer
rabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to behold

nastiness

rolled out to pressure wash

you know its pretty

removed rear wheel to replace tire and clean up hub

then I just removed motor too. motor needs deep cleaned and painted

chopped brackets and cleaned up

This user High Fived rabies!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2019, 09:54 AM   #14
rabies

Senior Fighterer

supply

frame is painted. and wheel lock is welded shut. il chop the rear of the frame and rear work after its all together.
got some presents delivered.

new coils and rectifier

headlight bucket? tailpipe?

1 of 2 tanks has dents. will be rusted out and cleared maybe then a simple fill cap welded
These people High Fived rabies!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2019, 11:44 AM   #15
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future

Just before you start bolting it all back together, bear in mind that these frames benefit greatly from some bracing being added above the swinging arm pivot, especially if you're keeping it twin shock ;-)
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived MDM!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2019, 12:10 PM   #16
rabies

Senior Fighterer

mono shock (actualy) *Maybe. 2 shocks but in the middle like monoschok. just not on the outside.
I do agree. more bracing where I can. especialy when I decide to swap out the swing arm.
I do want to keep a wire wheel though. I want mismatch. 1 mag 1 wire....I just like that
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2019, 01:33 PM   #17
Streetfighterkz
Capt Oblivious
CF Pimp
Streetfighterkz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 11 Times in 7 Posts
Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Robbo had a Kz900 (or was it a 1000?) that has siamese mono-shock swingarm. I want to say he used two R6 shocks but you’ll need to search for his thread.

Later, Doug

‘74 Kawasaki H1-500
‘76 Kawasaki Kz900 Stripfighter
‘77 Kawasaki Kz1000
‘78 Kawasaki Kz1000
‘83 Kawasaki Gpz750 (Turbo Converted)
Streetfighterkz is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Streetfighterkz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2019, 10:50 AM   #18
rabies

Senior Fighterer

got a very much needed bench bad. howbeit small(car can still pull in garage)

worked on 1st tank. need to pop dents out. rust and clear. and non key cap made

was going to go this route.

will use soemthign like this ontop
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2019, 10:52 AM   #19
rabies

Senior Fighterer

New stem bearings arrived in the mail yesterday.
waiting on new stem. should be today. il have forks on today.
should have wheel back today with new tire on it (should just buy my own tire irons..)

waiting on new properly rebuilt jetted carbs in the mail. ..I don't do carbs. I hate tiny parts
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-03-2019, 09:48 AM   #20
rabies

Senior Fighterer

so...lets try this again. post magna(still sitting to the side)

got another piece of conduit connector for a sleeve.
kz stem was even narrower than the magna ones.
I couldn't shave the ninja stem to fit bearings cuz the bearings wouldn't even fit over the top threading ..WHOMP. I was irritated at this point..

so I went out back and got the KZ front end. hacked off stem from bottom clamp.
made a sleeve to mate stem to ninja clamp.
bought an ARC welder. found a dowl to fit in bottom of stem. welded that on. then welded dowl to a large washer...now stem is permanized(unless u take off the bearing)
I use the dowl to lengthen the stems bottom ghetto style.
learned my lesson last time ninja clamp is thicker and stem will be to short when done.

SO....after all that. I was too irritated to realize old bearing caps were in head still
...il just post pics.

anyone need an 04 ninja 6 stem

will have wheel back Monday.
motor in maybe sunday after it gets deep cleaned and painted.
once in. wiring and bolt just back together.
would like to add rearsets. (not at wild angle though)

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes