What was your last purchase? - Page 311 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > What was your last purchase?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-31-2019, 12:05 AM   #3101
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:08 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: What was your last purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Wish I'd known you needed a pump. I've got several laying out in the scrap yard. People move away from boilers when they want forced air, but those pumps never die.
now everyone is going back to run infloor radiant.
Mongoose is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-31-2019, 01:10 AM   #3102
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:08 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

You hear a lot of people talk about it, but never see anyone putting in the money to do it. It's one thing during new construction, but its way too cost prohibitive to retrofit. Coupled with the fact that anyone with money is going to have a cooling system with a duct system.. they just go heat pump. But I'm also gauging on the mild climate I live in.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-31-2019, 07:07 AM   #3103
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:08 AM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

I will need to redo my floors in probably the next 5ish years, and was thinking about doing radiant heat at that time.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-02-2019, 04:10 PM   #3104
Streetfighterkz
Capt Oblivious
CF Pimp
Streetfighterkz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:08 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 11 Times in 7 Posts
Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default What was your last purchase?

A couple of today’s scores from Craig’s List and OfferUp.

Already had a dolly but with 5 bikes a second can’t hurt plus it was never used.

Later, Doug

‘74 Kawasaki H1-500
‘76 Kawasaki Kz900 Stripfighter
‘77 Kawasaki Kz1000
‘78 Kawasaki Kz1000
‘83 Kawasaki Gpz750 (Turbo Converted)
Streetfighterkz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Streetfighterkz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-03-2019, 06:44 PM   #3105
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 56 Times in 46 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

10lbs of nice top round roast, because it was on sale.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190203_140617.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	3.33 MB
ID:	103850  

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived SEBSPEED!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-05-2019, 08:26 AM   #3106
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Have you had any problems with your KitchenAid? Mine died pretty quick and nobody would stand behind it. I refuse to buy another now, but I miss the hell out of it.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-05-2019, 10:04 AM   #3107
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Have you had any problems with your KitchenAid? Mine died pretty quick and nobody would stand behind it. I refuse to buy another now, but I miss the hell out of it.
No problems whatsoever. It was a refurb unit when I bought it, we use it weekly or at least monthly for grinding meat, making bread dough, and strain many gallons of tomato sauce every summer. If it ever dies I'm going to rebuild it, pack it away for my kid and step up to the pro model.

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
This user High Fived SEBSPEED!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-05-2019, 10:07 AM   #3108
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:08 AM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

It's all just gear and motor, Shiny. Rebuild that shit.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-05-2019, 11:06 AM   #3109
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
Literally. That and a hefty casting. Plus, you can actually buy replacement parts for these from a microfiche, just like a bike.

The one thing I feel is lacking on these is some of the attachment parts that are plastic really ought to be metal. They work awesome if you don't push the limits but I could use it more if I could push it harder. The Kitchenaid is the best on the market for durability and versatility. If you want better you have to buy individual items like a quality food mill, sausage stuffer, noodle press or grinder. Way more $ and space than I want to give up in exchange for being able to work just a little faster.

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-05-2019, 12:20 PM   #3110
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
I know, but I refused to rebuild a $250 mixer that's was only a year old. The commutator flew apart so it needed a new motor. Chinesium. KitchenAid and Bestbuy were being twats about it and I got stubborn. I took the whole greasy, disassembled mess and flopped it out on the Customer Support counter and played dumb. "My mixer is making funny noises". They refunded me just to get me to go away. Got my money back, but haven't felt confident investing in any "new" KitchenAid products since. I'm not sure the new machines deserve the reputation the older ones earned.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion