michjohnny's box of shit - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > michjohnny's box of shit

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-09-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
michjohnny
Fighterer
Local Time: 05:32 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 13 Times in 3 Posts
michjohnny is a good noobiemichjohnny is a good noobie
Default michjohnny's box of shit

so i bought all this shit in boxes dont really have a name for it . so well call it the box of shit .

i got about 600 into this paid 400 got two motors frame with good title guy was the original owner . bunch of swing arms and bullshit . just scored a front end today off an srad with a wheel stainless lines clip ons front axel. the one motor is in running shape back cut trans , pistons cams etc . im not postive but i dont think the clip ons are stock if anyone wants to enlighten me .

as far as my front end swap goes if anyone can give me some direction . i know i need to press in my old stem into the new tripples but the steering stops on the srad tripple hit the stops on my frame which is a 1990 . if anyone can give me some insight as to what i need to do to sew this up id really appreciate it .

im going to try to get the rear tighted up and get it rolling so i can do my subframe seat tail .

i need carbs , tank , and probly a bunch of stupid shit . honestly i think i got most of it but i wont know till i start a rough assembly and my tail seat get worked out so i can sort out the wireing and electronics and such .

its gonna be black its gonna be ratty should be sweet any help comments advice is appreciated . my camera sucks im polish and i cant figure out how to fix the datestamp
michjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-09-2009, 05:08 PM   #2
mikey
Redneck Dumbass

mikey's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:32 PM
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 36 Times in 32 Posts
mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: michjohnny's box of shit

That's pretty much the ultimate in fighterdom. An assorted box of random parts you make into something with 2 wheels and an engine and use whatever is laying around to do it.

Project: Moneypit

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonfedd View Post
i would rather have "fear my ass" primer than "fuk my ass" purple
Quote:
Originally Posted by super View Post
you two fags need to give up the charade and go camping already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Gaulke
When a shark appears in the area sea lions will leave the water immediately. Luckily there are no tigers on the shore waiting for him, or he wouldn't know what the fuck to do.
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-09-2009, 05:11 PM   #3
michjohnny
Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
That's pretty much the ultimate in fighterdom. An assorted box of random parts you make into something with 2 wheels and an engine and use whatever is laying around to do it.
yeah im super stoked. ground up build . there will be alota blood sweat and beers in this one .

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #4
up2L8
Ridin' Dirty
up2L8's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 298
Flipped Off 90 Times in 54 Posts
up2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by michjohnny View Post
ground up build. there will be alota blood sweat and beers in this one .
Awesome, that going in my sig.

ZX6R Streetfighter, sold to brother, on hold while away with military

KXF300exc Dirtfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift1313 View Post
Everyone knows dirt riders make the best street riders. If you aint slidin, you aint ridin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michjohnny View Post
ground up build. there will be alota blood sweat and beers in this one .
up2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived up2L8!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-09-2009, 05:17 PM   #5
michjohnny
Fighterer

anyone wanna give me some direction on this front end swap ?? i could use a few pointers

steering stops ?? keep the ones on the frame ? or the tripple ??
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2009, 12:16 PM   #6
sullenfiend
some assembly required
Fighter
sullenfiend's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:32 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
sullenfiend is a NOOB

im thinking keep the ones of the triple, grind of and add a new one to the frame

http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=22988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
I don't call it the throttle, I call it the "awesome switch"
sullenfiend is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived sullenfiend!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2009, 02:15 PM   #7
michjohnny
Fighterer

[QUOTE=sullenfiend;417785]im thinking keep the ones of the triple, grind of and add a new one to the frame[/QUOte

i was leaning towards this . thanks for the reply

got my header in the mail today.

if anyone on here has a set of front rotors off of an srad tl busa i could really use them
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #8
Vcook
Fighterer
Vcook's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vcook is a NOOB

Sure would be a hell of a lot easier to lop off the stops on the lower tripple, then just mount a bolt in the center to utilize the stock stops on the frame. Why hack up a good frame?
Vcook is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2009, 05:45 PM   #9
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:32 PM
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

[QUOTE=michjohnny;417885]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sullenfiend View Post
im thinking keep the ones of the triple, grind of and add a new one to the frame[/QUOte

i was leaning towards this . thanks for the reply

got my header in the mail today.

if anyone on here has a set of front rotors off of an srad tl busa i could really use them
Dont fuck around with the triple lad,that fucker needs every bit of strength it has..Do the frame,its a hell of a lot safer mate
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2009, 08:06 PM   #10
shift1313
GURU

shift1313's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 6 Times in 6 Posts
shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!

i have to disagree. i would cut the stops off the triple, then drill/tap the center of the triple and but a socket head cap screw in there. I have fixed a few lower MX triples that have broken stops off and the bolt thing works well. and on the mx bike i would slam the bar against the stops in the air. On a street bike you shouldnt hit them much.
shift1313 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes