For now, a daily. But later....... - Page 6 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > For now, a daily. But later.......

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-06-2019, 09:39 PM   #51
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:35 PM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: For now, a daily. But later.......

very curious what the motor is like.
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-10-2019, 01:44 AM   #52
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Sometime soon I'll finish it up. Prolly after payday. I kinda still really wanna get some different hardware, and I've had a bunch of other shit going on. But everything is here and ready to go on otherwise. I just gotta get the new screws and put them in the carbs, reclean the choke pulls, and then throw everything back in the bike.

Get it fired up, make sure she runs and all.....and promptly park it until next year when I have money to register it lol.

Sadly the heep is gonna need as much money as I can throw at it, plus wifes car now SERIOUSLY needs brakes and tires.

Ugh.....why couldn't I have invested in something stupid back in the day that panned out....like bitcoin
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2020, 12:27 AM   #53
Fight Everything

CF Pimp
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

So this is far from over. It's still sitting on the back patio waiting final assembly of the last items. Hoping to order a nice set of screws for the carbs soon, then wait for another relatively "warm" day to go assemble everything. Still need to grab some tygon tubing too. Between the screws for the carbs and tygon tubing, I'll have no reason not to finish. Assemble it all, get it to fire up and warm up, change the oil, and go for a short spin!

Though honestly I'm not counting on much of it happening until probably March. But it WILL be on the road this year, because even though tax time is gonna see a full fixup of the Jeep and the wifes Rav4, I'm not gonna drive just the Jeep all year. Fuck that.
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2020, 08:08 AM   #54
kwakanut
The Polish Prince

CF Lover
kwakanut's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 37 Times in 15 Posts
kwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tldave View Post
still hunting for a 4.0 2wd 2dr manual. they are fun as fuck.
had a girlfriend with one of those. great road vehicle, but every time it snowed i had to cart her ass around in my Scout.

Credo quia absurdum est, baby.

Jokers to the left of me, clowns to the right....

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money.

If I wanted to lick a hippie I'd return Joan Baez's phone calls. - Jack Doneghy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokermachine View Post
I don't remember why I forgot about it.
kwakanut is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2020, 08:11 AM   #55
kwakanut
The Polish Prince

CF Lover
kwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
re:stainless, I'd recommend antiseize.

I had some stainless bolts into stainless nuts seize up in <6mo. Then they work hardened when I tried to drill them out...
You had stainless nuts lock to stainless bolts? You sure they were really stainless? I'm a big off shore fisherman and everything is stainless. Can't say that salty-ass environment ever corroded stainless together. js.

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2020, 08:13 AM   #56
kwakanut
The Polish Prince

CF Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight Everything View Post
Got stuck doing a double shift today so I said fuckit, hauled in my ultrasonic cleaner and carbs with me. They came out pretty decent. I still gotta spray out the shift on the outside of the body and between the 2, but the internals are pretty nice now.
Everyone's favorite job. I'm looking forward to seeing the bike!

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2020, 12:10 PM   #57
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:35 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwakanut View Post
You had stainless nuts lock to stainless bolts? You sure they were really stainless? I'm a big off shore fisherman and everything is stainless. Can't say that salty-ass environment ever corroded stainless together. js.
there was no visible rust anywhere

galling is a major problem with stainless to stainless contact

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-14-2020, 12:50 AM   #58
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tldave View Post
still hunting for a 4.0 2wd 2dr manual. they are fun as fuck.
You still looking? I know of a 95 or 96 4.0 2 door around the corner from me. I'm debating buying it so I can steal a couple windows off it and then sell it on. Not sure if 2wd or manual though. Body is....meh
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-29-2020, 08:00 AM   #59
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

I'm starting to get pissed. I put it on hold for a bit, because I was low on cash, and need to order a screw kit for the carbs so I can put them back together for install (they're together, but I dont wanna use the JIS screws).

I've got a couple other things to do on this bike still, but every fucking day it's been nice, I work. All goddamn day. And then lately if it's nice and I have the day off, I still have other shit I gotta do.

This is getting fucking annoying. About to go rob an armored truck and just buy something that's already on the fucking road. Like, can I just ride? SRSLY?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-19-2020, 07:07 PM   #60
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Progress very soon! Ordered a screw kit for the carbs, picked up some tygon, just waiting on arrival. Expect some progress VERY soon
These people High Fived Fight Everything!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes