For now, a daily. But later....... - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > For now, a daily. But later.......

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-14-2019, 09:05 AM   #41
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:32 AM
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: For now, a daily. But later.......

Brakes are done. Flushed, filled, and bled with fresh DOT4. Rock fucking solid.
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Fight Everything!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-18-2019, 09:33 PM   #42
Fight Everything

CF Pimp
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Parts are ordered!
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-27-2019, 11:37 PM   #43
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Parts are here, gaskets and orings installed, aaaaaand as much as I want to screw it all together and rock this fucker.......It's gonna wait until after I get paid again. After fighting to get these JIS screws loose, I'm gonna go get some stainless Allen heads for reassembly instead. Plus I still need to go get some Tygon hose for everything.

More delay towards getting it running....but I don't wanna do it twice either.
These people High Fived Fight Everything!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-30-2019, 10:39 AM   #44
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:32 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

re:stainless, I'd recommend antiseize.

I had some stainless bolts into stainless nuts seize up in <6mo. Then they work hardened when I tried to drill them out...

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Junkie!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-30-2019, 10:52 PM   #45
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Excellent point!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-01-2019, 02:38 AM   #46
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:32 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

I'll back up Junkie on the antisieze. On larger stainless bolts, like 1/2" or bigger, I've seen the nuts lock up just spinning them on by hand before grabbing a wrench. I don't know what's up, but stainless on stainless doesn't play well.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-01-2019, 08:23 AM   #47
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

*stainless on aluminum?

I've always got bottles of antisneeze laying around. I'll make sure to use it when I reassemble everything.
Tomorrow is payday, hopefully the hardware store is open when I get off work, otherwise I'll pick everything up Thurday before work. Put it all together and hopefully fire it up Friday. Either way, Unless something is very wrong with the gas tank, she's running this weekend!!!!!
This user High Fived Fight Everything!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-01-2019, 07:24 PM   #48
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I have never seen stainless do anything with aluminum beyond normal crusty binding like these cats are talking about. And I deal with tons of janky bikes.
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-03-2019, 01:43 AM   #49
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:32 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Thought we were talking about ss nuts on ss bolts. I've locked up a few.

Never had an issue with ss in al personally.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-04-2019, 12:44 AM   #50
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Well, daily needs and parts to maintain the Jeep are sucking up the couple hundred I have left after bills on each payday, so fuckit, gonna just slap it back together with what I got. Spend my last couple bucks on a gallon of gas and see what this bitch does!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes