RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2014, 12:01 PM   #21
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:22 PM
Flip Offs: 36
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here
Default Re: RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller

NOT MY PARTS:

Just found this pic in my files. I think the photo was taken in 2007.

I don't know who made these billet aluminum linkage parts - but I'm trying to find out.

Just curious if the aluminum relay arms were strong enough - and can I possibly get these billet parts made?

Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Smoker!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-26-2014, 03:31 PM   #22
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 02:22 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
I have to fix these rear suspension linkage parts - otherwise, the new shock can't be installed.

The 2 parts in the center are the relay arms. Inside each one are 2 grease seals and a solid bushing. I ordered the grease seals, but the solid bushings are no longer available. Tried to buy complete new relay arms, but those are NLA, too.

So, I'm trying to find appropriate Needle Roller Bearings, which would be 18x24x18 or 18x24x19 and single sealed (one side). Haven't had any luck, so far.

If I can't get the NRBs, I'll use Oilite bushings.

Considering making the nuts, bolts and collars out of titanium - but there are some issues....
http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/p12...duct_info.html

If you're still having a hard time finding bushes

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived a_morti!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-01-2014, 03:41 PM   #23
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Tried to order Ref #10 & #11 connecting rods, so I wouldn't have to rob them off my other bike.

Of course they are no longer available from Yamaha.

Found a nice used set in Canada.

Will powder coat these connecting rods and the steel relay arms to match the shock spring.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2014, 11:00 PM   #24
Smoker
BLACK BELT

My dude in France is still doing work on some new RZ500 engine parts, including conversions to YZ125 heads and a dry clutch.

Hope I'll be able to use his parts, but may be WAY out of my price range. It costs THOUSANDS to rebuild one of these engines, and not sure what kind of HP gains will come with these parts.

In the meantime, I'm considering modifying the OEM clutch cover with a clear window.

Enquired to see if the OEM cover is still available from Yamaha.

I doubt it, though - I just saw one on Ebay that's repaired with JB weld - and is nearly $500 usd.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/121245052831?nav=SEARCH
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2014, 11:11 PM   #25
Underachiever
Isn't as dumb as he seems
Senior Fighterer
Underachiever's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:22 PM
Flip Offs: 4
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Underachiever has a brilliant futureUnderachiever has a brilliant futureUnderachiever has a brilliant futureUnderachiever has a brilliant futureUnderachiever has a brilliant futureUnderachiever has a brilliant futureUnderachiever has a brilliant futureUnderachiever has a brilliant futureUnderachiever has a brilliant futureUnderachiever has a brilliant futureUnderachiever has a brilliant future

Wow, just searching "RZV500" on eBay and looking at the first page of results makes me feel poor, and like my projects are all cheap as can be. o.O

TOTAL noob... To riding and here.
-Curvy Ratty Fighter: Beat to hell 2001 SV650 Naked
-Crusty: 1986 Yamaha Radian "cafeish" project
-1966 Ford Galaxie coupe
-1995 Jeep Cherokee

Sold:
-1976 Formula 255 cabin cruiser with twin 351 Windsors
Underachiever is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-08-2014, 01:02 PM   #26
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Yeah, the cost of stuff for this bike is insane.

I fell in love with these bikes when I was young, but couldn't afford one 'till I was old.

I asked Sergio if he would be making any billet (non-dry) clutch covers. He sent me this:

So, I asked him if he can make it with a clear door. Waiting to hear back.

Thinking I could sell my OEM cover to help buy the billet cover.

Also found this one which sells for $625 can. No clear door either.

Or, I can have Seb mod the OEM door for $250 usd. But, it might REDUCE the value!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-08-2014, 02:40 PM   #27
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Dude works fast on the computer.

I wonder what the finished parts will look like.

Probably pretty fucking good.

I told him the engraving isn't necessary.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-08-2014, 02:45 PM   #28
Smoker
BLACK BELT

This clutch cover stuff isn't needed for the rolling frame - but I need to grab these parts when they come up - or I'll miss out.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-08-2014, 03:17 PM   #29
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Shit! Been trying to figure out who made those cool billet linkage parts I posted.

Who else???

The French CNC maniac.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-08-2014, 11:04 PM   #30
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underachiever View Post
Wow, just searching "RZV500" on eBay and looking at the first page of results makes me feel poor, and like my projects are all cheap as can be. o.O
The cost of the bike and parts isn't important.

Creativity and coolness rule the custom world.

I've seen far too many gold-plated turds.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes