RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller - Page 48 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-27-2018, 04:58 PM   #471
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:55 AM
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here
Default Re: RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller

Wheel/tire jig is done.

Maybe not necessary, but I like making stuff.

Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Smoker!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-01-2018, 09:45 AM   #472
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Trying not to send out titanium custom parts. Made that wheel/tire jig tool so I don't have to send out the carbon rear wheel. Have an OEM R6 rear axle, and am fabricating another swingarm pivot, this time, out of aluminum.

Waiting for the aluminum RZV500 pivot bolt, OEM axle nut and OEM pivot nut to arrive. Hopefully, next week.

Modified R6 swingarm and other parts are in the box, almost ready to ship. Box is over 25 lbs. Looks like around $70 usd to ship.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-12-2018, 05:07 AM   #473
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Chopped the ignition bracket off the mockup upper triple. Would be in the way of mounting the tacho.

Next, need to chop the birdcage mount off the head tube. Then, the headlight can be closer to the forks.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-13-2018, 12:26 PM   #474
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Didn't feel like breaking down the roller, so made a small blast box and started chopping. Not easy to get the angle grinder into that tight space.

Just cut off the front, so I wouldn't gouge the head tube. Then, stuck in a 1/8 strip of ally to protect the head tube. Protected the frame and twisted a wire to hold the ally strip.

Just trying to get it low enough to mock up the headlight. Will finish when the frame is stripped.

Need to make some temporary brackets for the headlight and mock up some risers on the upper triple.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-13-2018, 11:46 PM   #475
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:55 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

The box even says "success" on it. Perfect!

Also noticed your pen marks where you carefully laid the perimeter of your hole, and how neatly, centered and squared you cut it out. Dude, you are straight up OCD
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-14-2018, 03:04 AM   #476
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Got the one-off aluminum swingarm bolt finished. Also got the OEM nuts & washers.

Titanium on the left.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-14-2018, 03:11 AM   #477
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Dude, you are straight up OCD
Nah. Just the opposite.

Completely unorganized, no rituals, no repetitive behavior, okay with dirty hands, ignore important things without concern for consequences, etc.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-14-2018, 03:04 PM   #478
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Mounted up the swingarm to make sure the new pivot bolt fits.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-14-2018, 05:46 PM   #479
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:55 AM
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 57 Times in 47 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

"Trust, but verify"

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived SEBSPEED!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-14-2018, 09:43 PM   #480
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEBSPEED View Post
"Trust, but verify"
Well, sometimes my luck isn't very good.

This time... no problem.

Swingarm has left the building. I'll send you a tracking #.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes