RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller - Page 52 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-31-2019, 02:11 AM   #511
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:45 PM
Flip Offs: 36
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here
Default Re: RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
are the axle blocks mag, or anodized aluminum?
Raw aluminum.
Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-31-2019, 09:37 AM   #512
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:45 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

I mean the gold parts

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-31-2019, 10:21 AM   #513
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:45 PM
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 57 Times in 47 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
I mean the gold parts
Anodized aluminum. Magnesium is also silver in raw form, but rarely seen that way because it needs to be treated asap to prevent corrosion.

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived SEBSPEED!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-31-2019, 12:15 PM   #514
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:45 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEBSPEED View Post
Anodized aluminum. Magnesium is also silver in raw form, but rarely seen that way because it needs to be treated asap to prevent corrosion.
I often see a similar color finish applied to magnesium for exactly that reason

given the trick materials involved on this bike, I figured he might have gone with mag axle blocks to save a few grams

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Junkie!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-02-2019, 02:53 AM   #515
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
given the trick materials involved on this bike, I figured he might have gone with mag axle blocks to save a few grams
That would be cool.
Now trying to keep cost down and finish soon.
The road closed. Made a 180 degree turn and hitting the throttle.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-06-2019, 10:39 AM   #516
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Was hoping to ship these to Sebspeed, yesterday.

Took me all day to clean off the polishing compound.

Will ship Monday.

These people High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-06-2019, 08:56 PM   #517
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Man, they are looking sexy!

Do you have a pic w the fancy axle blocks set in them?

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-08-2019, 11:20 PM   #518
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEBSPEED View Post
Man, they are looking sexy!

Do you have a pic w the fancy axle blocks set in them?

The triangle cutout in the chain adjuster under the triangle cutout in the axle block is pure custom magic.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-09-2019, 01:23 PM   #519
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

That's Fkin awesome man

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
This user High Fived SEBSPEED!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-20-2019, 11:08 AM   #520
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Very much appreciate the PMs and emails offering help with this project.

SEBSPEED took the time to turn my ideas into CAD drawings, so the custom swingarm is his project. I spoke with him on the phone less than 2 weeks ago, and we should see some progress soon.

I'll keep at it. Trying out some discontinued levers from Gilles Tooling. Very hard to get, and not even sure I like them. Just trying to find a few bobbles that will go beyond what's seen on other RZ500s.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes