RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller - Page 6 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-20-2014, 08:18 PM   #51
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:21 AM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Can't buy it, though.
Why not?
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-21-2014, 10:53 AM   #52
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:21 AM
Flip Offs: 36
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie2000ad View Post
Why not?
I don't know how common it is, but I posted pics of the cracked Relay Arm Collar.

Supposedly, the problem is that the Collar on the "Special Bolt", and the "Special Nut", can move slightly in the Frame holes. One solution is to make these 3 parts, and the Relay Arm Bushings, all precision fit together.

Since I'll be making all these parts out of titanium, I'll try to keep the tolerances as tight as possible - which I would have done anyway.

Can't buy that titanium Special Nut because it's probably the OEM size and needs a couple more thousandths on the O.D. to fit snugly into the Frame hole.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2014, 08:19 PM   #53
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Stripped the bearings, seals, and grease fittings from the suspension link.

Will start smoothing and polishing it next.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-27-2014, 03:57 AM   #54
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Hit the link with the polishing wheel, but it looked too rough.

Started smoothing it, but have a long way to go.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-29-2014, 01:42 PM   #55
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Having some difficulty sourcing a 1.25 inch x 13 inch grade 5 titanium rod for the swingarm pivot. Found a 12, but not a 13. I can get it - but I'm looking for a REASONABLE price.

I already ordered titanium for the collar on the special bolt, 2 link bushings, 2 relay arm collars, and 2 relay arms.

Still need to measure and draw up the new collar and special nut, and get a long titanium bolt for the modified special bolt.

The machine shop said they've machined oilite many times - so that's good news.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-29-2014, 01:48 PM   #56
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 312
Flipped Off 173 Times in 149 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Having some difficulty sourcing a 1.25 inch x 13 inch grade 5 titanium rod for the swingarm pivot. Found a 12, but not a 13. I can get it - but I'm looking for a REASONABLE price.
Not sure what 6AL-4V is, but this guy has it in 12" and longer. Maybe ask if he'll cut you a 13" piece.

This is the only titanium source I've looked when looking for tubing, so I don't know if his prices are reasonable.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived MikeGyver!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-29-2014, 02:36 PM   #57
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post
Not sure what 6AL-4V is, but this guy has it in 12" and longer. Maybe ask if he'll cut you a 13" piece.

This is the only titanium source I've looked when looking for tubing, so I don't know if his prices are reasonable.
Thanks! Was just going to contact Titanium Joe - and the first place I contacted just got back to me. Tiger Metals Group has a 1.25" x 13" for a good price ($102 usd).

6AL-4V is grade 5 titanium and is the good shit. Grade 2 is also common and is easier to machine - but not nearly as strong.
This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-30-2014, 04:05 PM   #58
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Titanium arrived for the collars and bushings.

Includes 10 pages of Test Reports, Compliance Reports, Ultrasonic Inspection Reports, and Certifications.

Of course, they could have thrown in any chunk of metal with the nice paperwork.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-01-2015, 03:20 AM   #59
Smoker
BLACK BELT

No fancy paperwork. Just a solid brick of 6AL-4V for the new relay arms.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-01-2015, 01:28 PM   #60
Smoker
BLACK BELT

A couple of CAD images of the parts I'm working on. These are RZ500 parts, not RZV500 parts, but they're similar. The RZV Roller will have a converted R6 swingarm.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes