RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller - Page 9 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-11-2015, 03:55 PM   #81
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:47 AM
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here
Default Re: RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller

Had to send some titanium to the gun drilling shop. May as well get started on the front end conversion.

Got a new tool to try out.

Been thinking about adjustable triples for this bike. When raising the rear of my RZ350, I noticed the fork rake getting steeper and was wishing I had gone with some adjustable triples.

So, I started looking into adjustable triples - and got some bad news. I mistakenly thought they would adjust the rake - but they don't. They only move the trail forward or backward. Maybe that will help compensate for a steeper rake, but I'm not sure. I think only Ducati has an adjustable (rake) steering head.

I do have some adjustable triples in mind, just have to take measurements and figure out how to make them fit before I pull the trigger. My original plan was to use some custom billet triples, but sometimes function wins over style. Of course... I prefer to have both!
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Smoker!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-11-2015, 04:56 PM   #82
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Races came right out using the new tool. Now, I can measure for conversion bearings.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-12-2015, 12:52 AM   #83
sebwiers
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdxǝ

CF Pimp
sebwiers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:47 AM
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 36 Times in 19 Posts
sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Those tools are always a blast to use. Replacing headsets was my favorite repair working in bike shop. Whack the pusher to pop out the top race just right, it would pop out, arc up to ceiling while you put down the tool,. then come down just in time for yah to catch it. Some of the other stuff bike shops have to that (bearing presses, crown race removers) are also fun to use.
sebwiers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived sebwiers!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-12-2015, 01:52 AM   #84
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebwiers View Post
Those tools are always a blast to use. Replacing headsets was my favorite repair working in bike shop. Whack the pusher to pop out the top race just right, it would pop out, arc up to ceiling while you put down the tool,. then come down just in time for yah to catch it. Some of the other stuff bike shops have to that (bearing presses, crown race removers) are also fun to use.

Yeah, just used this other tool to remove the ball race from an R6 lower triple.

Ordered some roller bearings from All Balls to see how things fit with used OEM R6 parts that I have.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-12-2015, 03:23 AM   #85
Pariah
Stupid motherfucker
Pariah's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:47 PM
Flip Offs: 504
Flipped Off 402 Times in 164 Posts
Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I was so lazy, I didn't even bother pulling the bearing races off of my Street Triple forks. I just got a whole new set of triples made up!

It's not so bad as long as you can keep the fear from your mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Looks good, but I would prefer titanium nipples.
Street Triple
Supercharged Street Triple
Pale Horse XJ750
Pariah is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Pariah!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-12-2015, 03:50 PM   #86
Smoker
BLACK BELT

I'd like to remove the steel steering lock from the aluminum frame.

Will probably chrome and TiN coat it, then put it back on after the frame is done.

Would be nice to tap the holes and use titanium hardware to secure it.

It may interfere with the new triples, so it may have to go.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-13-2015, 01:00 PM   #87
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:47 AM
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Been thinking about adjustable triples for this bike. When raising the rear of my RZ350, I noticed the fork rake getting steeper and was wishing I had gone with some adjustable triples.

So, I started looking into adjustable triples - and got some bad news. I mistakenly thought they would adjust the rake - but they don't. They only move the trail forward or backward. Maybe that will help compensate for a steeper rake, but I'm not sure. I think only Ducati has an adjustable (rake) steering head.

I do have some adjustable triples in mind, just have to take measurements and figure out how to make them fit before I pull the trigger. My original plan was to use some custom billet triples, but sometimes function wins over style. Of course... I prefer to have both!
I had Kosman adjustable trples on my 1000 and was quite pleased. Amazing what small 5mm incremental changes in those eccentrics would do
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-13-2015, 03:04 PM   #88
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK 187 View Post
I had Kosman adjustable trples on my 1000 and was quite pleased. Amazing what small 5mm incremental changes in those eccentrics would do
There's a few aftermarket adjustable triples I'm looking at. The problem is fitting them to the RZV500 frame using modern (R6) forks. So, I have to work it out.

Also looking at full custom adjustable triples. Probably the best way to go - but even more complicated to design properly.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-14-2015, 05:15 AM   #89
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Found out these 3 rivets are threaded. That should make it easier to change to titanium hardware.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-14-2015, 05:38 AM   #90
n0regret5
Commander Cool
n0regret5's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:47 PM
Flip Offs: 488
Flipped Off 214 Times in 150 Posts
n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Kawasaki zxr7rr also had adjustable steering head and swingarm height. Pretty freaking cool for what's now a vintage bike

n0regret5 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived n0regret5!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes