SUKATI....until i get a better name - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > SUKATI....until i get a better name

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2019, 03:02 PM   #31
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:29 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: SUKATI....until i get a better name

handy pic

need to find a pic of one with plastics off to see tank position
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2019, 03:03 PM   #32
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 23 Times in 20 Posts
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Loving the look of that!
JamesHambleton is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2019, 03:06 PM   #33
yantosh
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

all they bits are stock ducati, I take no credit

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2019, 09:00 PM   #34
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:29 PM
Flip Offs: 46
Flipped Off 22 Times in 21 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
need to find a pic of one with plastics off to see tank position
This is just what's on my phone, let me know if you want to see anything specific and I'll get some pics. The seat pops off with 1 bolt, the fairings with like 8 between all 3 of em, exposing the tank is a 3 minute job so gimme a shout if you need anything.

In this pic you can see rubber nubs on the left and right shoulders of the frame. Left side is unsupported, right side sits between 2 vertical brackets. There are ears on the tank that slide over these nubs.

Here's the tank on the nubs.

I don't have a good pic of the rear mounting platform, but you can kind of see it here. On the side of the bike facing the camera, behind the rearmost triangle of the subframe (left of the rubber pads the seat rests on), is a small platform that the tank sits on. A screw goes through the bracket from underneath into a threaded insert on the tank to secure it.

There isn't much holding these things in place. That threaded insert on the rear-right-bottom of the tank is about all the fastening it gets, with the ears at the front holding it in position. The side fairings attach at the bottom to tabs on the frame, and then at the top they get bolted to the tank, so I suppose that adds some holdey-downness as well. There's also a hoop that bolts over the tank (you can see the tabs at the top-rear of the main frame), supports the front of the seat, doesn't actually fasten to the tank but does retain it from going anywhere.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2019, 09:04 PM   #35
mcantar

CF Pimp
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

Also, here's the parts fiche:
https://issuu.com/ducatiomaha/docs/h...22863/10926403

And here's the torque spec bible:
https://www.ducati.ms/forums/92-hype...que-specs.html

Note that with the parts fiche, Ducati lists all of their part numbers as "NNN.N.NNN.NL" (N= number, L= letter). All of the places that actually sell these parts don't use the periods in them. So when you're searching for stuff, make sure to remove the periods.

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2019, 09:29 PM   #36
mcantar

CF Pimp

Just found this one from way back when I first got the bike. Gives a bit of an idea of how the rear of the tank sits in the subframe.
The tank's top fairing isn't present here... the side fairings have the two fasteners shown, then one at the bottom on the frame and then another fastener at the top-front of the tank which is shared by the top fairing (the rear of the top fairing hooks into that notch on the tank's back).
The fastener in the middle of the two shown holding the side fairing stays in the tank and doesn't fasten anything... there are two notches in the seat and these bolts slot into them to secure the front of the seat.

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-26-2019, 02:27 PM   #37
yantosh

cheers Mcanter, gives me some pointers, if possible could you measure the swingarm length and yoke offset? After that I reckon its get it in the jig once free and set about it
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-26-2019, 03:06 PM   #38
yantosh

Cheers mcanter, given me some good pointers, if poss could you measure the length of the arm and yoke offset please. After that i reckon its off to the jig once its free

postie been again

another Italian arm I had lying about

This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-26-2019, 03:09 PM   #39
mcantar

CF Pimp

Can do, be off work in a few hours and can get it then.

Fairings look good. The left side looks like it's missing the lower mounting tab, very very common failure point. My old fairings were both missing the lowers and held on nice and solid anyways, wouldn't worry too much about it.

You know a DSSA ain't right for this build

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-26-2019, 03:25 PM   #40
yantosh

course its wrong,we like wrong, but nothing set in stone. mounting tab is in a bag

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes