3D printers - Page 7 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > General Streetfighter Discussion

General Streetfighter Discussion Discussions about streetfighter riding.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 3D printers

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-25-2020, 02:45 PM   #61
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:58 AM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here
Default Re: 3D printers

can you change color in between ... rows, i guess? As in, on your clock, adding the numbers in a different color like white on the blue. I guess a better way to put it would be; how does color transition during a print work on these things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-25-2020, 03:27 PM   #62
titan
hooligan quads
CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:58 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGRYMMxX View Post
can you change color in between ... rows, i guess? As in, on your clock, adding the numbers in a different color like white on the blue. I guess a better way to put it would be; how does color transition during a print work on these things?
yeh thats what i did, i changed the filament at a certain point (80% complete in this case). i did it manually by just watching it but i believe there is a way to put a pause in the profile so it will stop the print.

what i did is watch it do the last of the infil ( i set a top level iron so it was easy to see), then let it do two runs around the raise bits to make sure ( so about 0.4mm), then i hit a setting called filament change this pauses the print and it un feeds the filament assist you refeeding the new and then once its all heated back up it carries on where it left off, so the blue and black is a single solid plastic piece.

this is achievable with any colours as long as the filament is the same. you can ( on some printers not sure if you can on the ender 3) set them up with a twin extruder so you just programe it in the slicer to do it automatically. this would allow you to use two types of filament. advantages to this would be printing a heat sheild out of PLA (Cheap) with a internal print of ASA, or supports out of a desolverble filament to make removal easier etc.

my mate is doing this to one of his printers now (CR10 which is a more upclassed version of the ender by the same company) so i will watch and see.

i now have a glass bead so now going through a recalibration when i get home

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
H Designs

2020 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived titan!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-25-2020, 11:17 PM   #63
TPEHAK
Fighter
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
TPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud of
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

The world’s first 3D printed hypercar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCto6qSjIXw
TPEHAK is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-26-2020, 02:43 PM   #64
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
yeh thats what i did, i changed the filament at a certain point (80% complete in this case). i did it manually by just watching it but i believe there is a way to put a pause in the profile so it will stop the print.

what i did is watch it do the last of the infil ( i set a top level iron so it was easy to see), then let it do two runs around the raise bits to make sure ( so about 0.4mm), then i hit a setting called filament change this pauses the print and it un feeds the filament assist you refeeding the new and then once its all heated back up it carries on where it left off, so the blue and black is a single solid plastic piece.

this is achievable with any colours as long as the filament is the same. you can ( on some printers not sure if you can on the ender 3) set them up with a twin extruder so you just programe it in the slicer to do it automatically. this would allow you to use two types of filament. advantages to this would be printing a heat sheild out of PLA (Cheap) with a internal print of ASA, or supports out of a desolverble filament to make removal easier etc.

my mate is doing this to one of his printers now (CR10 which is a more upclassed version of the ender by the same company) so i will watch and see.

i now have a glass bead so now going through a recalibration when i get home

thats exactly what I was curious about. My kid is really interested in making stuff and Ive been eyeing these things forever. now that there are affordable ones out it looks like ill be getting one when the tax return gives me a few extra spending dollars!

Quote:
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

These people High Fived XxGRYMMxX!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-26-2020, 03:44 PM   #65
titan
hooligan quads
CF Addict
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGRYMMxX View Post
thats exactly what I was curious about. My kid is really interested in making stuff and Ive been eyeing these things forever. now that there are affordable ones out it looks like ill be getting one when the tax return gives me a few extra spending dollars!
There is loads out there that are "out of the box ready" but the Ender's seems to be the one top of its game for under $/200

As it was said before it's got a huge network to get quick answers and parts/ mods are easy to get if needed or seems to be that way.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote:
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
H Designs

This user High Fived titan!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-27-2020, 03:53 PM   #66
titan
hooligan quads
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Interesting read, especially as it combine two of my most recent sub hobbies

https://3dprintingindustry.com/news/...chines-168665/

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote:
H Designs

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-28-2020, 03:16 PM   #67
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp

looking at the ender 5 plus. big bed means I could print the star wars helmets I cant afford to buy!

Quote:

These people High Fived XxGRYMMxX!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-28-2020, 04:08 PM   #68
titan
hooligan quads
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

my next one will be either the 5 plus of cr10 max but my 3 is going inside a box soon so i can do ASA, PLA etc

Quote:
H Designs

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-28-2020, 04:47 PM   #69
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:58 AM
Flip Offs: 312
Flipped Off 173 Times in 149 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

Next one? Already!?

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-28-2020, 05:09 PM   #70
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 57 Times in 47 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Give him a 3d printer... eh nevermind

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > General Streetfighter Discussion