3D printers - Page 9 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > General Streetfighter Discussion

General Streetfighter Discussion Discussions about streetfighter riding.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 3D printers

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-06-2020, 11:52 AM   #81
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Flip Offs: 312
Flipped Off 173 Times in 149 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: 3D printers

Are there tons of free files available to just print stuff? Toys etc?

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-06-2020, 02:55 PM   #82
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:54 PM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post
Are there tons of free files available to just print stuff? Toys etc?
yep. all over the place. thingiverse has so much stuff I lost a whole hour just randomly surfing the different things t print.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived XxGRYMMxX!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-06-2020, 09:47 PM   #83
TPEHAK
Fighter
Local Time: 03:54 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
TPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud of
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
New to this thread and just read through it all. Curious after reading about the modifications and upgrades done to the printer that Mcantar and Titan have been talking about...does the Prusa need the same things done to it?

This is something I've had my eye on for a while ( not the Prusa specifically) and I'm just curious if the additional expense maybe does buy you something after all.
No, Prusa does not need it. It works good out of the box as long as you follow the instruction they provide. It has a lot of nice features and constantly updating firmware and programs to make your life easier, save your time and frustration. We used Prusa for a few years. No additional expenses were spent. Prusa released some 3D printed parts update for the 3D printer during this time you can print and install. They also updated filament sensor. The new printers they sell go with this updated sensor and updated parts but if you want to update reliability and performance of you existing Prusa printer you have to buy and print those parts and install them on your printer. But Prusa worked good as is without latest updates. We also have pretty expensive Raise3D Pro2Plus 3D printer and it has a lot of problems, Prusa is more reliable and easy to use so if the part fits the Prusa tray and if we print it out of low temperature plastic like PLA we print it on Prusa.

Additional expenses for Prusa may include chamber you can build for the printer to print parts in more temperature consistent environment for better reliability, maybe hardened nozzels if you want to print composite filaments, maybe nozzles with bigger or smaller diameter if you want to print big parts faster or small parts with finer details.
TPEHAK is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived TPEHAK!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-07-2020, 09:46 AM   #84
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGRYMMxX View Post
what are the sliders made of? the ender will run PLA, ABS, PETG and TPU (still reading up on the differences between the medias). saw some stuff about how you can do other filament types with upgraded hot ends and all metal extruders but Im still reading up on all that.

I actually have no clue what they're made from. As a mechanic yourself, I know you've got a pretty good idea of what they're like, but I don't know what compound that would be called.

I've seen guys carve one-off cam chain sliders out of Dekrin a few times, but I don't think Delrin is something that can be bought on a spool. At least, I don't know what Delrin really is beyond it's trade name. A sort of nylon, I suppose?
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-07-2020, 09:52 AM   #85
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPEHAK View Post
No, Prusa does not need it. It works good out of the box as long as you follow the instruction they provide. It has a lot of nice features and constantly updating firmware and programs to make your life easier, save your time and frustration. We used Prusa for a few years. No additional expenses were spent. Prusa released some 3D printed parts update for the 3D printer during this time you can print and install. They also updated filament sensor. The new printers they sell go with this updated sensor and updated parts but if you want to update reliability and performance of you existing Prusa printer you have to buy and print those parts and install them on your printer. But Prusa worked good as is without latest updates. We also have pretty expensive Raise3D Pro2Plus 3D printer and it has a lot of problems, Prusa is more reliable and easy to use so if the part fits the Prusa tray and if we print it out of low temperature plastic like PLA we print it on Prusa.

Additional expenses for Prusa may include chamber you can build for the printer to print parts in more temperature consistent environment for better reliability, maybe hardened nozzels if you want to print composite filaments, maybe nozzles with bigger or smaller diameter if you want to print big parts faster or small parts with finer details.
Thanks for that info. I hadn't thought about the things you mentioned in the last paragraph, but that makes a lot of sense. Reading the ad on Prusa you linked to originally it was clear to tell they were implementing updates in to the new machines vs just telling you how to upgrade it yourself. The machines are quite a bit more costly, but that part left a good impression.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-07-2020, 10:41 AM   #86
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

About to start my enclosure so I can print in abs/asa etc

First job is a handle for the bed as it's now a glass bed. This one have a built in go pro mount so when I finally sort out a Pi with octipy on I can check on my prints while I'm away

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
H Designs

2020 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived titan!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-07-2020, 03:11 PM   #87
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Noob question about the enclosure. Why is it needed for ABS? Fume Hood type thing?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-07-2020, 03:53 PM   #88
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Noob question about the enclosure. Why is it needed for ABS? Fume Hood type thing?
That and also requires a higher ambient temp which I can't control in the room. With the printer in an inclosure the printer will generate a constant heat, so I'm told

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
H Designs

2020 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived titan!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-07-2020, 07:58 PM   #89
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Ah, gotcha. Thanks man
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-07-2020, 09:52 PM   #90
sebwiers
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdxǝ

CF Pimp
sebwiers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 36 Times in 19 Posts
sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

From my understanding, one of the issues is ABS prints hotter and shrinks more as it cools, so keeping the whole thing warm until its done helps prevent warping. Ideally you want the print kept just below the "just below the glass transition temperature" to minimize the energy needed to bond layers / improve bonding, as well.

The crazy thing is that the idea of an enclosure to keep yer FDM print warm was fucking PATENTED. That's expired now but of course the patent holders patented variations as well, so its still not common to find FDM printers with enclosures for sale (except from the patent holder of course).
sebwiers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived sebwiers!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > General Streetfighter Discussion