HILL-CLIMB FIREBLADE REWORKED - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > HILL-CLIMB FIREBLADE REWORKED

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-02-2020, 06:17 AM   #1
BoardsofCanada
Fighter
BoardsofCanada's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:37 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
BoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really nice
Default HILL-CLIMB FIREBLADE REWORKED

Ok so I buy this ex hill-climb time trial Blade...I stared at it online for a fortnight and eventually managed to get it at pretty lenient bounty..or should I say Coronavirus discount!

Arrived like this with a tiny little bespoke alloy fuel tank (images later) that holds about 10 miles worth of fuel under a dinky fake plastic tank cover - notice the height..everything was very low and exceedingly light - 1 down n 2 up on the gearing and a stage 2 dynojet. Madness on a stick to ride..but not at all practical for any distance riding, lol

I'm not a fan of the Repsol garb anymore, it been whistling around for what seems a lifetime now..

BoardsofCanada is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived BoardsofCanada!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-02-2020, 06:24 AM   #2
BoardsofCanada
Fighter
BoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really nice
Default Re: HILL-CLIMB FIREBLADE REWORKED

There was no fancy-dan shit on it, everything on there was for a purpose - all lightness and speed for attacking the hill circuits...

BoardsofCanada is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-02-2020, 07:06 AM   #3
BoardsofCanada
Fighter

The motor had been replaced with a low mileage un that had been sat around outside in a crash damaged bike for long enough - the fellow had just slapped it in there without cleaning the mutha - the top crankcases were unbelievably..leaves, corrosion..field mice, that nature of shit!

Took me a number of days and much scraped knuckles and broken fingernails to get the engine looking respectable again - surprisingly enough the airbox was pretty clean with a new piper cross filter onboard, miracle! Guess he had the priorities of scooting up roads rather than making sure shit was nice n crap-free!

Sourced a very decent fuel tank that was garbed in the Rothmans scheme of things - popped that on and found that the standard tank was a bit longer than the plastic jobby. Seat unit had to be cropped and now we have a certain tightness, one could say, when you're sat in the cockpit...a bit like wearing fireblade underpants to be frank! lol!

First major modification will be designing a big tube subframe - the one currently on the bike is a solid job, but it's steel and it's too short now..

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-02-2020, 07:13 AM   #4
BoardsofCanada
Fighter

It's had a service and a proper pull-through with a lavatory brush - couple of little LED brake lights fitted and a daytime mot. I'll use it as my daily until the R1 is ready and then it's going to get a proper interesting facelift..

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-02-2020, 07:39 AM   #5
BoardsofCanada
Fighter

Angles..

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-02-2020, 09:17 PM   #6
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

This thing is awesome... also like that swingarm.

Sounds like the state of mine when I originally got it something like a decade ago. Been through so many changes I can't imagine (as of like 7 months ago, got a 1 year old and a bunch of auto projects so I don't get alot of time lately) a supercharged 650 twin could hurt anything at this point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-03-2020, 12:08 PM   #7
BoardsofCanada
Fighter

Cheers Buddy, It's certainly a pleasant place to kickstart an incentive!

Yours is looking like it's gonna be pretty healthy too! Uh huh the Aprilia swingers are real pretty and a perfect partner to the very decent looking Blade mainframe........... (00)

All the best from Glasgow!
This user High Fived BoardsofCanada!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-03-2020, 06:00 PM   #8
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:37 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

i got one of them lying about too
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-03-2020, 06:50 PM   #9
BoardsofCanada
Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
i got one of them lying about too
I picked up 'another' (cheap) 97 Fireblade and was lucky enough to find 'another' really clean RSV arm and rear wheel on ebay . It's got a VFR 750 arm on it at the moment that's actually pretty interesting looking - was modified by Martek apparently! Maybe you can tell me if that's legitimate?

In two minds about what to do with it at the moment - why I was asking you about the Daytona wheel swap!
This user High Fived BoardsofCanada!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-04-2020, 02:47 AM   #10
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:37 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

yup, that looks like a Martek braced arm,sure I seen a post about it on fb , Mark commented on it
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes