Is Smoking Permitted? - Page 11 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Is Smoking Permitted?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-15-2008, 09:53 PM   #101
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:49 PM
Flip Offs: 36
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here
Default Re: Is Smoking Permitted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpyknucks View Post
you're my new hero. this build is amazing
I very much appreciate the words of encouragement from all you guys!!

I'm gonna do all I can to keep the build going strong - and hopefully will have lots more cool stuff to see.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-16-2008, 02:38 AM   #102
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift1313 View Post
who made the sprocket?
The front sprocket was made to my specs by Talon in Great Britain.

I'll try to find out the penetration depth of the heat treatment.

I want to have the sprocket coated with titanium nitride, so there can't be anything on the surface but bare metal.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-18-2008, 10:49 PM   #103
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Clutch parts and custom oil filler cap have arrived.

The oil filler cap is almost completely hollowed out - it's feather-light!
This user High Fived Smoker!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-20-2008, 02:50 AM   #104
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Custom aluminum head tube washer:

I designed it to go with these aluminum drilled washers. I want to use them on the radiator mounts and rear exhaust pipe mount. I'll add a few more, If I can find appropriate locations.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-20-2008, 02:25 PM   #105
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Some of the titanium bolts from the first shipment. The bolts are covered with gold titanium nitride.

The second shipment is here!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-20-2008, 03:21 PM   #106
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by endo View Post
Damn man...those are sick! What are those now, $10 a bolt?
The price is too crazy to think about. I told myself that I wasn't going to buy any Ti bolts for this bike - and then I made the mistake of just ordering a few for this and that.

Once I saw the shit in person - it's like a drug - I just gotta have a little more. Now, I need that TiN fix.

It's pretty bad with the custom parts, too. I have to get a little baggie every two weeks or so, otherwise I start getting shakey.

As far as total cost - check out the price on a top of the line Ducati Monster - then look at the components. The brakes are 2-piece cast brembos, the wheels are aluminum, cheap brembo levers, etc. My project bike has billet Brembos, magnesium wheels, ISR levers, etc.

I'm not saying my bike is better than a Monster, but if you look at other bikes that have components like mine - they cost A LOT more.

I just put everything on the credit card, and pay what I can each month.

What do you think I am some kind of financially responsible hooligan?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-22-2008, 09:54 PM   #107
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybuilt View Post
if u aint carful sombody is going to nock on your dore wanting u to build f1 race cars or skunk works projects . you cant posibily have a wife shit or even a job it took me 30 min to clater this out .
I'm considering all offers.

Found an old Raask alumnum shift lever clamp which I can polish up (the OEM clamp is a piece of shit).

I want to score this CF shift rod, but I don't know what length I need, yet. This shift rod matches the kickstand and the knurling on the swingarm caps and oil cap.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-23-2008, 11:12 AM   #108
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Got the Driven CF bar.

I like the bend a lot more on the original CF bar I have. It angles up and back more, and I like to sit up.

I'll probably use the Driven bar on the project bike, though. The logos are removeable - and that's an important detail for this bike.

The Driven bar is also much lighter.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-24-2008, 07:32 PM   #109
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
Oh man putting it all on plastic... this is a bike you're going to be paying for for a loooooong time...
I already have been - for almost a year now - so I'm not in a lot of debt from the bike.

But I haven't bought anything else during that time. Been existing on kraft macaroni & cheese and beer. And 5 days a week I get a sausage patty, 2 eggs and milk for less than $3 at work.

When this project is done, I'm having a big fucking steak!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2008, 11:39 PM   #110
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by skr00zloose View Post
I deal with high dollar bikes and bike builders on a regular basis, I see alot of stuff, but your attention to detail and unwillingness to settle for anything beyond what you want... I'm HIGHLY impressed.

I'm not normally one for "bling" and all that, I like my bikes down-n-dirty, but I have to give the respect deserved for putting together what you have.

I have to ask though, after all the work, and even more money, being put into this bike... are you gonna ride it "properly"?
Thank you VERY much. I just wish I had more time to work on the bike. Progress has been painfully slow over the past couple of weeks.

I'm not really into "bling" either - and I've got to be careful not to over do it. On this bike, I'm using blinged and detailed parts for character - instead of skulls, points and paint. I want the parts to be functional and to flow with each other and with the overall design of the bike.

When the bike is done, hopefully, it won't be overly blinged-out, just super clean.

Brother - I'm gonna ride this bike like a MOFO!!

I've never been into showbikes or showcars, but I've always been into modding. I take my S2000 and xA to car shows, but I don't try to win. I don't like stickers or graphics, so I always get zero for that. I just go to hang with the boyz and check out the models.

My plan is to show the bike for a while, then I'll start riding it. I've also got 2 other project bikes to finish.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes