Is Smoking Permitted? - Page 166 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Is Smoking Permitted?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2011, 04:20 PM   #1651
make that thing forkless
forks and valves... WTF?
Senior Fighterer
make that thing forkless's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:45 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Is Smoking Permitted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
I'm going to get good measurements on the new pieces and the OEM pieces to get an idea of how things should have changed.
I think I already know the answer... looking back through your thread to post #479 and #601 there are some clues... In post 479 you show two side by side pictures of your old 2-point link and the new one. It appears (to me at least) that the new link is a little shorter than the original. It appears this way in both photos I'm guessing it to be the case (and not camera lens distortion). In post 601 you discuss the dogbones being too short so I'll assume they are.

The stock RZs already have much too much progression to their suspension curves (by modern standards) and these parts being too short exaggerate the suspension progression even more. But take some measurements and we'll see what your calipers say.
make that thing forkless is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived make that thing forkless!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2011, 02:04 AM   #1652
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:45 PM
Flip Offs: 36
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Asked questions about this dry clutch, but haven't got a reply.

I know the seller from other websites, he lives in Greece.

Hopefully, this might lead somewhere.

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Yamaha-RZ...item3a6c04a14c

Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2011, 02:36 AM   #1653
pineapple
Brhaap!
CF Pimp
pineapple's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:45 PM
Flip Offs: 207
Flipped Off 164 Times in 50 Posts
pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Dry clutch rattle. Boner-rific.
pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived pineapple!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2011, 11:54 AM   #1654
Tschiffely
Has Chode 4 Duc's
Fighter In Training
Tschiffely's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:45 PM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tschiffely is making some friendsTschiffely is making some friendsTschiffely is making some friends

And I... Jizz.. in.. my pants....

Love it.

I have an RZ motor in the garage, waiting for a frame.. In good time.. Beautiful machine work man..
Tschiffely is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Tschiffely!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #1655
Tschiffely
Has Chode 4 Duc's
Fighter In Training
Tschiffely's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:45 PM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tschiffely is making some friendsTschiffely is making some friendsTschiffely is making some friends

Ok, how did you separate the lower fork stanchions from the inner tube slider...? Heat and...?

I know there is typically a narly amount of Loc Tite on those puppies..
Tschiffely is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Tschiffely!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2011, 08:48 PM   #1656
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tschiffely View Post
Ok, how did you separate the lower fork stanchions from the inner tube slider...? Heat and...?
Muscle!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2011, 10:53 PM   #1657
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Looks like the Ohlins Billet Compression Adjuster Knob I bought doesn't fit.

Hopefully, I can exchange it for a new replacement knob.

Still need a parts diagram and replacement parts for the compression adjuster setup.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2011, 11:03 PM   #1658
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Had the offset front sprocket blasted.

Had the Ohlins shock tube stripped.

Sent the two parts and the chrome headlight ring for DLC coating. Was going to powder coat the headlight ring black, but this way the ring will match the inner fork tubes.

These people High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-15-2011, 12:12 AM   #1659
Smoker
BLACK BELT

There are 8 special tools available from Suzuki for rebuilding the front forks.

The cost of the tools alone is over $700.00 USD!!!

I guess I won't be doing it myself.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-15-2011, 05:35 AM   #1660
lynchingacers
V-4 for 4 life

CF Addict
lynchingacers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 9
Flipped Off 12 Times in 6 Posts
lynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
There are 8 special tools available from Suzuki for rebuilding the front forks.

The cost of the tools alone is over $700.00 USD!!!
oh man thats bullshit
no way to find someone who has them and make a few yourself?
that and sometimes special tools aren't absolutely critical just make it go faster...
just saying i would see what tools i can not do it without and make them...
lynchingacers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes