Is Smoking Permitted? - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Is Smoking Permitted?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-26-2008, 01:37 AM   #31
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:51 PM
Flip Offs: 36
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here
Default Re: Is Smoking Permitted?

Cut the clamps and beveled the edges:

If this idea doesn't work well, then I'll add a second screw for the clamp only - and cut off 1 of the 2 ears for mounting the arm (which will isolate it).
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-26-2008, 02:02 AM   #32
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Got a tinted windshield and shaved the logos. Also got a CF Monster headlight fairing to go with the fender.

Just got the anodized aluminum screws and rubber trim - haven't installed the trim, yet.

Making custom brackets to mount the fairing isn't going to be fun.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-26-2008, 02:58 AM   #33
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV66650 View Post
go with the bottom outlet, it looks more clean imho. Also, what site are those headlight mounts from? I like the look
You're right about the look - decision made.

It'll take some time to find the website for the brackets. It's a non-english site in Japan. I'll post up when I find the info.

I've also got some Pro Grip 719 RVGS grips on order which I'm going to try to cut down to fit the smaller throttle.

Also ordered some G2 Ergonomics Billet Bar Ends to finish the grips off.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-26-2008, 10:26 AM   #34
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Good morning, modders!

Still have a few new pics to update you guys.

Here are the billet levers and master cylinders:

I considered a custom hydraulic clutch, but I've read that non-OEM hydraulic clutches are notoriously unreliable, and that seal leakage is a common problem.

This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-26-2008, 10:39 AM   #35
Smoker
BLACK BELT

For the new dash, I got a combo tach & speedo. It has 3 shift lights that can also be used for indicator lights. Also got a matching combo water temp and voltmeter similar to the below gauge.

I got a 12,000 RPM tach with a black face and red lighting - same for the other gauge.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-26-2008, 10:46 AM   #36
Smoker
BLACK BELT

So the gauges arrive, and I open the voltmeter/water temp gauge. The lens looked hazy, so I took it into the sunlight.

I could see that it has some kind of coating or treatment on the inside of the lens, but there were some kind of uneven spots all over, that looked like water spots, also - some of the paint was scuffed, no big deal.

So I opened the tach/speedo to see if the lens was the same. It has the same hazy coating, but no "water spots." But there was some very minor damage to the bezel - the black had been chipped off and silver was showing through, no big deal.

Then I notice that there are small fibers sticking up in front of the LED screen. Well, I'll be looking at those fibers a lot, but okay, no big deal.

So then I notice a yellow blob of glue coming through the hole at the bottom of the red light bulb. Well, it's a small blob, I can live with that, too. But then, what the hell is that?? A black booger on the side of the red bulb!!! Oh, hell no!

I asked SPA Designs if they could please exchange the gauges if I pay the shipping costs, and they sent me two gauges that look absolutely perfect. It took a while since they're in England, but it was worth the wait. I would buy from them again, for sure.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-26-2008, 11:02 AM   #37
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Test fitting the billet Brembo front calipers:

Had to remove the GSXR spacers and use larger spacers for the oversize rotors:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-26-2008, 01:07 PM   #38
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerR6 View Post
This bike is going to fapable levels...
Thanks!! ( I had to look up "fappable".)

I just put on this anodized aluminum head nut. Now the GSXR washer looks like crap under it.

I'll need to make a custom wider aluminum washer to fit under it. I'll make it as wide as possible, but the nut is close to the edge of the top clamp on the back.

Also thinking of drilling holes in the washer, but it will depend on how much space there is.

Still need to get custom springs made for the forks (the GSXR springs will be too stiff - even with the frame mods) and I'm looking at other fork mods like gold valve emulators - anything that will contribute to a plush but aggressive ride.

Gotta polish those handlebar clamps, too.

I know of a guy online that wrenches for Ohlins at GP events, and I'm going to see if he'll give me any advice on suspension mods and setup.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-26-2008, 01:44 PM   #39
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Here's the swingarm, made to my specs. (Like I know what I'm doing.)

I started with the custom R1 wheel measurements - with the sprocket carrier moved closer to the wheel. That allows more chain to frame clearance - and I didn't want to chop the frame to fit a wide tire.

The RZ uses a centered swingarm, so I got the specs on the R1 swingarm and changed them to remove the offset, and to fit the custom wheel.

I asked for the front section of the swingarm to have OEM RZ fitting for the pivot and links.

Also asked for mega top bracing, eccentric adjusters, 1" longer overall length, polishing, lift spool mounts, and a custom underslung brake caliper mount.

Too bad it doesn't fit! NOT FROM MY SPECS - JMC messed up the OEM RZ350 specs.

Ordered the swingarm in January and was told 6-8 weeks. Just received it this month (October) after much aggravation. Still don't have the caliper mount!

I can fix the swingarm problems. No way am I sending it back to the manufacturer - I might never get it back.

It's a very nice swingarm, though - I'll be happy when it's fixed.
These people High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-26-2008, 06:35 PM   #40
Smoker
BLACK BELT

At first, the swingarm wouldn't fit because the new dust caps were so shoddy. After about 3 hours of hand sanding and filing down the stainless caps, the swingarm fit into the pivot.

One done:

Both done:

These people High Fived Smoker!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes