Is Smoking Permitted? - Page 51 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Is Smoking Permitted?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-08-2009, 01:39 PM   #501
cyclic
Stiff Member
Senior Fighterer
Local Time: 10:04 PM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
cyclic is a glorious beacon of lightcyclic is a glorious beacon of lightcyclic is a glorious beacon of lightcyclic is a glorious beacon of lightcyclic is a glorious beacon of lightcyclic is a glorious beacon of lightcyclic is a glorious beacon of lightcyclic is a glorious beacon of lightcyclic is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Is Smoking Permitted?

With your frame bracing I don't see why you couldn't make the down tubes removable for engine removal. They would work nicely and allow complete access.

http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/...mp_p_1467.html
cyclic is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-09-2009, 08:28 AM   #502
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:04 PM
Flip Offs: 36
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclic View Post
With your frame bracing I don't see why you couldn't make the down tubes removable for engine removal. They would work nicely and allow complete access.
Thanks for the idea. Moving the engine in and out of the frame after it's powder coated is not going to be fun.

Not sure it would be good for this frame, because the engine mounts on the lower cradle, instead of hanging off the upper rails like newer engines.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-09-2009, 09:00 AM   #503
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

When I started having problems fitting the link, I should have known right away where the problem lies.

One more time:

DON"T BUY A SWINGARM FROM JMC!!!

In this pic, you can see that the arms on the swinger aren't aligned with the dogbones.

The link and shock are centered to the frame, so I'll take a little material off the base of the new left dogbone and add some material to the base of the new right dogbone.

If the whole swingarm is off by around 2mm, then I may have to get another offset front sprocket made. After I get the rear suspension installed, I'll check the rear wheel alignment to the front wheel and frame.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-09-2009, 01:07 PM   #504
Truckinduc
I been fightin' gravity

Truckinduc's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 21 Times in 18 Posts
Truckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond repute
Winter Buildoff Winner Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

man FUCK JMC
Truckinduc is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-10-2009, 11:16 PM   #505
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckinduc View Post
man FUCK JMC
My feelings exactly.

After doing a lot of sanding, I decided to take the tank down to the metal. Did some chemical stripping, but will probably take it to a media blaster.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-11-2009, 01:46 AM   #506
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:04 PM
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

wow. any chance of a return on that swinger?

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-11-2009, 09:17 AM   #507
Phoebe
Swamp Witch

Phoebe's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 86
Flipped Off 17 Times in 15 Posts
Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

I can't believe that swingarm is that bad. What a ripoff!
Phoebe is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-11-2009, 10:01 AM   #508
spoonfedd
Backwoods Prophet
CF Addict
spoonfedd's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 30
Flipped Off 16 Times in 15 Posts
spoonfedd is a glorious beacon of lightspoonfedd is a glorious beacon of lightspoonfedd is a glorious beacon of lightspoonfedd is a glorious beacon of lightspoonfedd is a glorious beacon of lightspoonfedd is a glorious beacon of lightspoonfedd is a glorious beacon of lightspoonfedd is a glorious beacon of lightspoonfedd is a glorious beacon of lightspoonfedd is a glorious beacon of lightspoonfedd is a glorious beacon of light

Coming soon .. "The Resurgence"
spoonfedd is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-11-2009, 03:10 PM   #509
Truckinduc
I been fightin' gravity

Truckinduc's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 21 Times in 18 Posts
Truckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond repute
Winter Buildoff Winner Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929_adam View Post
wow. any chance of a return on that swinger?
if you have 3 years to wait for another one that wont be any better.
Truckinduc is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-11-2009, 04:39 PM   #510
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckinduc View Post
if you have 3 years to wait for another one that wont be any better.
Exactly!!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes