Smoker's Custom Motard - Page 158 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Smoker's Custom Motard

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-16-2019, 09:46 AM   #1571
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:51 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Smoker's Custom Motard

on the suspension bolts, is that just a center in the threaded end or are they drilled most of the way through?

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Junkie!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-16-2019, 10:45 AM   #1572
Smoker
BLACK BELT
Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 36
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
on the suspension bolts, is that just a center in the threaded end or are they drilled most of the way through?
Some of you guys never miss a thing.

Machinist had to put a divot in the threaded end, I guess, to hold it properly in the lathe for cutting the threads, etc.

Very happy Bill called me and asked if a divot is okay.

Fuck no, it's not okay. None of my other hardware has that. I told Bill to drill it out. I do have plenty of drilled/lightened bolts.

Because I'm no engineer, I don't know how much I can drill out of the suspension bolts.

On these bolts, the hole doesn't go very far past the threads. Not fully drilled, for safety.
Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-16-2019, 10:54 AM   #1573
Auser6guy
Fighter
Local Time: 03:51 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Auser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

It might just be the photo but the second titanium piece looks like it’s a different shape?
Auser6guy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-16-2019, 11:48 AM   #1574
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Junkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Some of you guys never miss a thing.

Machinist had to put a divot in the threaded end, I guess, to hold it properly in the lathe for cutting the threads, etc.

Very happy Bill called me and asked if a divot is okay.

Fuck no, it's not okay. None of my other hardware has that. I told Bill to drill it out. I do have plenty of drilled/lightened bolts.

Because I'm no engineer, I don't know how much I can drill out of the suspension bolts.

On these bolts, the hole doesn't go very far past the threads. Not fully drilled, for safety.
Yes, in order to support the end of the part when threading, you have to use a live center. It goes into an angled hole in the end... but the walls on the hole there appear straight so I was thinking it might go (almost) all the way through to save weight.

If you were opposed to having a hole at all in the end, he would've had to make the parts longer and then cut off the depth of the hole.

Was this CNC or manual? I don't see a thread relief groove, which makes me think CNC.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Junkie!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-19-2020, 11:44 AM   #1575
Smoker
BLACK BELT
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Since I posted this pic of the new kill switch, I've been trying to figure it out.

Was confused by this info in the service manual:

Looks like I need a normally closed kill switch. The switch I have, and all the ones I see like it are normally open. The normally closed kill switches I see are all larger teathered switches.

Kept searching, and found this info from a vendor. Looks like I'm good to go because I'm using a Zeeltronic CDI.

"If you want a kill switch you will connect the black/white wire on the PCDI-10VT to a normally open switch with the other side of the switch connected to ground."

Now, I think maybe I don't need the Normally Closed Relay. Not sure. I did find it, and the matching wiring plug on Ebay for less than $10usd.

These people High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-16-2020, 05:53 AM   #1576
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Fuck me, almost 3 am. Took 2 pain pills and a sleeping pill. Still in too much pain to sleep.

Speaking of pain, can you guess what happened with my latest parts order?

Of course it got fucked up! Ordered and paid for 2 pieces. Invoice says 2 pieces. Received only one piece in the box. Fuck, fuck and double-fuck.

Ever see one of these? I've never noticed one on any bike I've seen.

Hopefully, I'll be getting another one soon.

Should be cool if they work well.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-16-2020, 08:59 AM   #1577
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:51 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

What is it? Looks electrical

This space intentionally left blank.
TURNIP is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-16-2020, 06:22 PM   #1578
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURNIP View Post
What is it? Looks electrical
Pressure switch.

Seen lots of pressure switches, but not like this one.

Been eyeballing them for a while, just needed a place to try them out.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2020, 11:22 AM   #1579
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:51 AM
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

How is the pressure applied?

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2020, 01:02 PM   #1580
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929_adam View Post
How is the pressure applied?
It's a banjo switch, instead of a banjo bolt switch.

Let me help you find the hole.

These people High Fived Smoker!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes