RW's leaner - Page 6 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > RW's leaner

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-08-2020, 12:16 PM   #51
Rwgoldsmth
Fighterer
Rwgoldsmth's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:18 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RW's leaner

Well we made it, my old trailer was just fine cruising at 80. I haven't done forums in ages so this may take a couple of tries on the old pc.
Got the wee little bike unloaded and here is where it sits.

Originally I was going to sketch out my plan for this build but it was my nan's funeral on monday and I had to watch the thing on my computer instead of being there in person. I decided I would just do something, so I whipped out the trusty grinder and started removing all the extra tabs and shit around the frame.

Some of the hurdles that I need to cross are finding parts. I left in a hurry and parts got placed in "safe places that I'll totally remember". Big on the notoriously missing list are the axles and spacers.

A lot of things have changed on what I want to do with this project in the last couple years. I have had a lot of time to ponder. The main thing is that I am no longer making this a leaner hack. As cool as that would be, I plan to do my fair share of dirt roads and camping with this rig as well as some winter riding.
I'm planning on a more of a prewar bobber feel.
Small budget but I intend to peck away at it and I am not in any rush. As long as its moving forward then I will be happy.

Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Terry Pratchett

gl1200 leaning sidehack build
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...98#post1971498
01 fz1
13 nc700x
Assorted other Shitboxes
Rwgoldsmth is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Rwgoldsmth!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-08-2020, 12:39 PM   #52
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:18 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

that has heaps of potential, i,d be excited to build that
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-09-2020, 12:30 PM   #53
Rwgoldsmth
Fighterer
Rwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond repute

Got a smidge of work done late last night. I had recalled draining the coolant at some point and discovered that was not the case when I went to remove the radiator.

The fill tube and the port for the overflow would fowl the body work I have planned for here.

I discovered that the rad is brass so I about .5 inch and gave it a slight angle.
I then took the left over piece of brass and forged it up to fit as a collar.

Ill run to the store today and get some 60 40 solder and flux and some caps to pressure test my work.

Terry Pratchett

01 fz1
13 nc700x
Assorted other Shitboxes
These people High Fived Rwgoldsmth!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2020, 01:22 PM   #54
Rwgoldsmth
Fighterer

Soldered
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	98394CF9-C645-4B68-AF6D-E23B3AC1A1A0_1599758526534.jpeg
Views:	16
Size:	950.0 KB
ID:	109162  

Terry Pratchett

01 fz1
13 nc700x
Assorted other Shitboxes
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-11-2020, 09:45 AM   #55
Rwgoldsmth
Fighterer

God damn I miss this forum. I’ve been researching removing the linked brakes. I walked into a goldwing forum and just got a dozen people telling me that gold wings are perfect and I just need to learn to ride.
I’m slowly developing a plan for that. I found the axles but I’m missing a spacer on the front and the rear brake caliper and mount. I think I may make up some temp spacers from ally just to make it a roller.

Terry Pratchett

01 fz1
13 nc700x
Assorted other Shitboxes
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-11-2020, 03:12 PM   #56
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:18 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

linked brakes, can you not just shit can the full system, fit 3 calipers, 3 lines and two master cylinders ?
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-11-2020, 03:45 PM   #57
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:18 PM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwgoldsmth View Post
God damn I miss this forum. Iíve been researching removing the linked brakes. I walked into a goldwing forum and just got a dozen people telling me that gold wings are perfect and I just need to learn to ride.
Iím slowly developing a plan for that. I found the axles but Iím missing a spacer on the front and the rear brake caliper and mount. I think I may make up some temp spacers from ally just to make it a roller.
Kinda noticed the same thing. If I post any of my doings on other forums I get a ton of replies why not to do that. On this forum I get replies on HOW not to do that

Yamaha XJR 1300 `99
Ex:Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Ex: Benelli Tornado 900 '06
Ex:Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA '02
Ex:Honda CBR 600 F2 '91
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-11-2020, 10:12 PM   #58
Rwgoldsmth
Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
linked brakes, can you not just shit can the full system, fit 3 calipers, 3 lines and two master cylinders ?
That’s looking more and more likely, I didn’t realize that the front two calipers have two different bore sizes. I was looking to see if anyone else had found an easy way around it.

Terry Pratchett

01 fz1
13 nc700x
Assorted other Shitboxes
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-11-2020, 10:48 PM   #59
Rwgoldsmth
Fighterer

Fucking around with cardboard in the wee hours. I've been working crazy hours so haven't been on this much

But I did make a fancy rolling stand that sorta rolls for my bandsaw. I forgot how satisfying it is to use that thing.

Terry Pratchett

01 fz1
13 nc700x
Assorted other Shitboxes
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-15-2020, 09:38 AM   #60
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:18 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Digging the shapes of the side panel and it's scoop

This space intentionally left blank.
TURNIP is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes