Anatomy of a tail swap - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Paint and Bodywork

Paint and Bodywork Anything to do with fabricating bodywork, composites, prep and paint work goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Anatomy of a tail swap

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-26-2009, 05:12 PM   #11
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It
Scrapyard's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:02 PM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 20 Times in 14 Posts
Scrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud of
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Anatomy of a tail swap

Streetfighters for Dummies is being colaborated now. Should be ready for Christmas
Scrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-26-2009, 06:11 PM   #12
fslflint
fighter transplant in NC
fslflint's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 92
Flipped Off 225 Times in 69 Posts
fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

I'll give you permission to use my front end swap 101 thread for the streetfighters for dummies book
fslflint is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-26-2009, 07:25 PM   #13
AtlStreetfighter
Longtime rider

CF Pimp
AtlStreetfighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:02 PM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 6 Times in 5 Posts
AtlStreetfighter has a brilliant futureAtlStreetfighter has a brilliant futureAtlStreetfighter has a brilliant futureAtlStreetfighter has a brilliant futureAtlStreetfighter has a brilliant futureAtlStreetfighter has a brilliant futureAtlStreetfighter has a brilliant futureAtlStreetfighter has a brilliant futureAtlStreetfighter has a brilliant futureAtlStreetfighter has a brilliant futureAtlStreetfighter has a brilliant future
Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Dude I can not thanks you nearly as much as I would like. The tail came out get. I do like the post of the tail swap. Thanks again for the great job.
AtlStreetfighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-26-2009, 10:36 PM   #14
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It
Scrapyard's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 20 Times in 14 Posts
Scrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud of
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 

Dude, no thanks neccessary. If anything, I owe you more thanks then I can ever express bud. It was my pleasure.
Scrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-05-2010, 04:28 PM   #15
CBRRRT
Stinky Crusty Old Bastard
CF Addict
CBRRRT's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:02 AM
Flip Offs: 15
Flipped Off 6 Times in 5 Posts
CBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

Looks really good mate and an inspired choice of tail unit for the bandit

http://www.facebook.com/honda.streetfighter Wun Farzund
My mind is glowing............................................. ...........Ingerlund
CBRRRT is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived CBRRRT!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-02-2010, 05:45 AM   #16
ed563
Bikes, Bitches and Beer
CF Lover
ed563's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:02 PM
Flip Offs: 167
Flipped Off 381 Times in 52 Posts
ed563 is a name known to alled563 is a name known to alled563 is a name known to alled563 is a name known to alled563 is a name known to alled563 is a name known to alled563 is a name known to alled563 is a name known to alled563 is a name known to alled563 is a name known to alled563 is a name known to all

lol, those arnt the smoothest weld beads iv seen, but they do the trick! Thanks for the post
ed563 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-26-2011, 12:20 PM   #17
AJY
Rash Master
Fighter In Training
AJY's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
AJY is a NOOB

Good job and thanks for the thought and time to put it togeather.

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment.
AJY is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #18
ben9210taylor
TDWP
Fighter In Training
ben9210taylor's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
ben9210taylor is making some friendsben9210taylor is making some friendsben9210taylor is making some friendsben9210taylor is making some friendsben9210taylor is making some friends

I know this is an old thread but does anyone know what swing arm is on that bandit?

thanks
ben9210taylor is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-27-2014, 05:28 AM   #19
Vigilante187
Noobie
Vigilante187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:02 PM
Vigilante187 is really niceVigilante187 is really niceVigilante187 is really niceVigilante187 is really niceVigilante187 is really niceVigilante187 is really niceVigilante187 is really nice

I'm looking to do a tail swap. Is it easier to just use the subframe from you bike and mod it to to fit what ever tail you use or would it be easier to get the subframe for whatever tail I get and mod the subframe to fit?
Vigilante187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-14-2014, 09:19 PM   #20
Handsome Matt
Just Here For The Party
Senior Fighterer
Handsome Matt's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 12 Times in 7 Posts
Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante187 View Post
I'm looking to do a tail swap. Is it easier to just use the subframe from you bike and mod it to to fit what ever tail you use or would it be easier to get the subframe for whatever tail I get and mod the subframe to fit?
Depends on your skillset and the answer to this question: Can you weld?

No:

It's easier and safer to use your bikes' subframe and mod the tail to fit. Fiberglass is cheaper to start out with than welding (you don't need to buy a welder for example), and if you screw up fairings they just look ugly. As opposed to your subframe failing while you're riding.

Yes:

Mod the subframe. Unless you're patient and meticulous, the chopped and glassed tail section never looks or never fits quite right. Cutting and welding on a few new mounting points is an afternoon of work, a quick spray of paint and off you go riding.

2015 Winter Build: Phoenix Ascending

2015 Winter Build Discussion: Phoenix Ascending

"But it would require a great moral effort; it would mean staring failure in the eye every day for years. And so to protect themselves people say "I can't."" - Paul Graham

"Assumption is truely the mother of all fuck ups." -Yantosh

"Criticism is easy to do, but rarely worth listening to, mostly because it's so easy to do." -Seth Godin
Handsome Matt is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Handsome Matt!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Paint and Bodywork