370steve goes EFeeeeeeeeeeeee - Page 13 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2020 Winter Build-off > 2020 Winter Build-off Build Threads

2020 Winter Build-off Build Threads Only post here if you are the builder! Comments in the Discussion threads please.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 370steve goes EFeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-21-2020, 04:20 PM   #121
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:47 PM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 35 Times in 8 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: 370steve goes EFeeeeeeeeeeeee

went down to Mick Gardner Racing to get a new lower rate spring fitted to my rear shock, great service as usual from Russ and the team, got them thinking about things with the spring seat, nearly ended up with one from a koenigsegg super car!!!! It wouldnt fit, so had to have an "ordinary" Ohlins one instead.
Collected my Ohlins paddock mat whilst there, it now has pride of place in my "office"
Cheers guys.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived 370steve!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-22-2020, 08:44 AM   #122
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

as i had the shock back it was only logical to get it fitted and see how she stands.

put her clothes on for the shoot, also fitted the headlamp, will be getting the mount modified, or a new mount made so it sits closer in to the forks/steering head.

overall though i think the stance is good, and feels right when i am sat on her.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-25-2020, 05:37 AM   #123
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

yesterdays "working from home" effort was to have a look at ways to get the h/lamp to sit closer to the forks and slightly higher.

took the mount off the bottom of the lamp and found that if i turn it by 90deg, shamfer top*edge, and then drill a fixing hole for the bolt, it

should work a treat,*

then set about frame with angle grinder and cutting disc, have removed the cross bar between the down tubes in front of the engine, to see if it would make getting the exhaust on easier, attempted to fit both of the systems that i have attained so far for the build, unfortunately neither is going to fit! so it looks like it is going to have to be a trip to Racefit for a custom Legend system.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-25-2020, 09:48 AM   #124
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

just snagged a lightened and balanced crank for the princely sum of 150.......... Bargain

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-27-2020, 11:32 AM   #125
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

finished the modification to the h/lamp mount, now sits much much better, slightly higher and also now very close to steering head,

not much space left behind to look odd.

also got the rear sets adjusted to take the Brembo M/cylinder, only thing that still needs doing is the axis pin between the m/c and the brake lever, it is 8mm and the M/c only has a 6mm hole, will get a new pin made with a step and a top hat spacer.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-31-2020, 06:17 AM   #126
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Just received a call from Giles at BikeHPS, my Braketech Superbike discs are in and will be dispatched today, for next day delivery.

Although it looks like build is going to be moved onto the back burner very soon!

I have been informed from work that we are on "4 days notice to move" for help to the civil powers, so good chance that i will be doing something non bike related

for the foreseeable if it happens!!

keep your heads down, stay well

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-01-2020, 03:04 PM   #127
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

new discs arrived this afternoon, correct ones this time.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-02-2020, 10:09 AM   #128
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

crank came in post today
next thing is to find someone with a faceplate and "V" blocks big enough to check it for true before thinking
about any fitting.
Phoned Amec Engineering, they are on with my head, doing catch up work at the moment, at least they are still working!!
they said they will let me know when it is getting near done.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7052a.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	107880

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-02-2020, 03:42 PM   #129
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

got the rear master cylinder connection pin and collet back from Taff,

S/steel and fits perfect. another small bit sorted.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2020, 12:15 PM   #130
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

wanted to get on with something today, but just what to do?

lots to be getting on with, although i just haven't got motivation, in the required quantities at the moment it would seem.

so i did a bit of reading up on changing over the rods onto the new crank, on thing led to another and i put down the books and got

to work on the real stuff.

when i removed the old rods from the crank i was surprised to find the shells looked brand new!! could hardly find any witness marks any where on them.*

so fitted them to the new rods, they will be a great start point, and did a test build.

still need to get the plastiguage and the feeler gauges on them, but all feels good and snug.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2020 Winter Build-off > 2020 Winter Build-off Build Threads