370steve goes EFeeeeeeeeeeeee - Page 16 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2020 Winter Build-off > 2020 Winter Build-off Build Threads

2020 Winter Build-off Build Threads Only post here if you are the builder! Comments in the Discussion threads please.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 370steve goes EFeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-26-2020, 05:10 PM   #151
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:45 PM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 35 Times in 8 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: 370steve goes EFeeeeeeeeeeeee

sorted fitment of engine mounts and bolts today after getting spacers and frame inserts from Taff

Then played around with the rear m/cylinder/hose attachment, ended up with the hose going down the back.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived 370steve!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-27-2020, 07:29 AM   #152
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

More Ti goodness arrived in the post this morning where i dont have facilities,machines or ability to make bits myself, i will make all efforts to gather the best bits i can afford from wherever i can, might as well whilst i have the chance, this one is a keeper.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-28-2020, 09:11 AM   #153
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

work so far today has all been about test fitting the oil cooler and head cooler to gauge lock stop/cooler/wheel/exhaust clearances, Head cooler has been mounted directly to the main cooler mounting bracket (going to have Ducati rubber mounts)

cooler has lots of clearance from exhaust headers (using Yoshi Bandit headers) but dont see any problems as i am going to get Racefit to make me a system.

I like the idea of the two center header pipes staying inside the down tubes and then the outside two passing behind the frame down tubes and into the collector. will have to talk to Jon on the idea.

clearance of head cooler and yokes at full lock, (lock determined by fork to tank clearance)

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-28-2020, 12:48 PM   #154
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

plus i am in the process of measuring up for a fan on the rear of the main cooler

for use in slow traffic in hot weather, there seems to be loads of room, watch this space

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2020, 08:14 AM   #155
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

found an as new radiator fan from a CBR/CB, fan fits in the space between the down tubes very nicely, blades are a little deep, but i am sure that

i will be able to cut them down without too much effort, but looks to be a working answer to the problem.

got oil cooler mounts to be modified to take some Ducati radiator rubber mounts this afternoon.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2020, 06:06 AM   #156
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Thanks to the feed back (good, bad or other wise) i have gleaned the information that i needed for fitment of the oil cooler fan, it would appear that every day is indeed a "Skool Day"

I have ordered a Spal Axial Fan, VA39-A101-45A, 12v (Pull) 5.5" (140mm) with the bigger of the two Ampage motors,

will be fitting it with a remote switch, unless i can find a temp switch to work at a high temp of the oil cooled motor (110-120deg +)

I will need to remove a bracket from under the steering head bracing to give me the required clearance for the fan, and then get some mounting tabs welded on for it to fit to.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2020, 08:09 AM   #157
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

just ordered one of these adjustable in line switches and AN10 adapter to go with it *

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2020, 01:06 PM   #158
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

had a play around with the oil cooler fixtures and fittings, happy now with how i will sort the pipework for both coolers

test fit of fender and brake lines.

ordered some more Ti bits and bobs whilst i was at it

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-03-2020, 04:10 PM   #159
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

As i am happy with the motor fitment and alloy mounting plates i had made, i have ordered some 8mm Ti GR5 plate to make some

finished items, need to find someone with a plasma cutter so they will have a "proper" finish/look once cut.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-06-2020, 04:41 AM   #160
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370steve View Post
As i am happy with the motor fitment and alloy mounting plates i had made, i have ordered some 8mm Ti GR5 plate to make some

finished items, need to find someone with a plasma cutter so they will have a "proper" finish/look once cut.
been told water jet cutting will give me the best finish, so off to see if i can find one close.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2020 Winter Build-off > 2020 Winter Build-off Build Threads