Mak's CX500 build... - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers

Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers Everything about cafe fighters and cafe racers goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Mak's CX500 build...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-19-2020, 10:14 PM   #21
makenzie71
GURU
Fighterer
Local Time: 03:58 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
makenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to all
Default Re: Mak's CX500 build...

Got my headlight and speedo mount set up. It's nothing elegant but it's solid and it'll do the work.

makenzie71 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived makenzie71!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-21-2020, 08:39 PM   #22
makenzie71
GURU
Fighterer
makenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to all

I change my own tires because I don't trust a lot of local shops and because I'm cheap...it's an adventure sometimes...

https://youtu.be/1bhBq4H62M4
This user High Fived makenzie71!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-23-2020, 07:19 PM   #23
makenzie71
GURU
Fighterer

So I got new fork seals...then I forgot to put oil in one...then I forgot to put the damper rod in it...then I forgot to bleed the other one...then I finally got them all together and mounted. Then I installed my new tires! Then I got my wheels mounted. Then I decided that I actually was not willing to give up on the high mount left exit exhaust and redid that. Then I realized another thing I forgot...bonus points if you can spot it haha

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-24-2020, 04:02 AM   #24
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:58 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Bringing them both inboard and the top silencer ahead of the bottom makes all the difference, looks good to me

Quote:
Then I realized another thing I forgot...bonus points if you can spot it
Tail light?
Black painted rear rim? (is it smaller?)

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-25-2020, 07:32 PM   #25
makenzie71
GURU
Fighterer

I actually have a tail light on it now...and got the rear painted pretty nicely. I forgot the rotors on the front

Final iteration of the exhaust. The welds aren't pretty but it's the best my Harbor Freight welder can do lol. I'm glad I didn't bail on it, I really like the way it came out. I need to polish and scrape and sand a bit, but not much.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2020, 12:00 AM   #26
makenzie71
GURU
Fighterer

I have done pretty poorly at keeping these threads updated...but I've got 99% of the paint done and started reassembly.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers