Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

The motoHangar Honduki discussions

9K views 46 replies 21 participants last post by  Monstah 
#1 ·
#30 ·
Got some more work done last night, and over the weekend. Exhaust is now done, tail light done, second half of the wiring done. Still need to figure out this fiberglass seat pan. After that getting a front wheel and front brakes, then tearing the bike back down into a million pieces for clean up and paint, but it runs again, and is currently extremely loud.

#32 ·
Ok, it's been a while, thanks for the compliments. Just got some uni filters in the mail. bike runs pretty well for not being tuned up proper, however it's killing batteries. I think it's the regulator, but not 100%. Anybody familiar with this guys stuff?

http://www.oregonmotorcycleparts.com/index.html

Will be trying my hardest to get some more progress pics up tonight. Still need to finish the fiberglass seat pan before I can take the bike apart and do all the finish work. And the brakes currently suck...

#34 ·
The ignition and charging systems are separate from the starter. Bike should work exactly the same without the starter on it. It has a kickstart so the e-starter is just extra weight.

#38 ·
Thanks fellers. More updates coming soon have been extremely busy working on other peoples bikes. Still contemplating paint ideas, and just haven't been able to get the seat pan right yet. Now the bike won't charge and it looks to be the regulator, so will be ordering some electrical parts from http://www.oregonmotorcycleparts.com/. They make some solid state electronics for older japanese bikes, looks promising.

#41 ·
Yeah I had the place bookmarked a while ago but lost it when my laptop died. Since then I keep everything synced between the computers and have it all backed up on a hidden flash drive. Lost a lot of pictures too.

Just skimmed through your build thread again and didn't see what the tail section is off of. Do you remember?

#47 ·
I had a GS650, the successor to the GT (aka water buffalo), and if the series are anything alike, electrics are the massive weakpoint. Common repair was to fit a newer Honda R/R (it would fit with your honduki theme), and a stator from rick's. Costly, but until you've had every fuse and bulb blow due to failure, you'll be glad you did it.

If your Gt has a kick starter, which I'm almost sure it does, you can get rid of the battery and just use a big capacitor they sell for kick start motorcycles.

Bike looks great! Always wanted to do the USD front end to my Gs, but I had a shafty, and mixing bias and radial tires is a no- no!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.