Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Truckinduc's 2003 Buell XB9R

25K views 74 replies 1 participant last post by  Truckinduc 
#1 ·
Decided my buell was too stock. Randomly it happen to coincide with the beginning of the buildoff, so why not.

See less See more
#5 ·
Starting weight if the bike with all fluids and a full tank of fuel. 451 lbs. I'm shooting to get it down to around 425. Nothing serious.

Attachments

#8 ·
Toying with the idea of making a new top triple that will accommodate the use of clipons above it. I'd like the bars to be about an inch and a half higher since the seat is. The bike was really comfortable stock.

#9 ·
Transferring the tapped hole on the lower triple to the other side so I can use it for a headlight mount.

I'll be building a new right side air scoop to cool the rear cylinder, but that comes after the new exhaust.

#14 ·
Relocating all my electronics to the airbox area. I had to drop the front of the motor to fish the fuse boxes and wiring between the cylinder head and frame. The fuse box, relay box and ecu are all in the front fairing stock.

#15 ·
Decided to knock out a quick mock up triple. I'd hate to spend a lot of time building a nice triple only to not have it fit. My fork center to center spacing and offset are spot on. Now to make the real one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.