Kids ATV into crosskart project - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion

Other Motorcycle Discussion Anything about any other type of motorcycle goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Kids ATV into crosskart project

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-28-2019, 01:39 AM   #41
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:17 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Kids ATV into crosskart project

Didn't see any, might be the brake disc flange is held in place by the brake caliper and oxidation, couldn't really manhandle it much near midnight yesterday.

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-28-2019, 06:01 AM   #42
Kimmo57
Lazy bastard

CF Addict
Kimmo57's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 22 Times in 11 Posts
Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

I have 420 chains on my CRF150R with some 27 hp.

WOMBAT (Waste Of Money, Brain And Time)

The origiSRAD
Honda CRF150R minisupermoto
Savage silliness!! Low budget modern café project
3D printed back covers for Trailtech and other stuff: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/randomtechstuff
Kimmo57 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Kimmo57!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2019, 11:39 AM   #43
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

I may have sort of, as you say, jumped the gun with this one... I've done some further investigating on the parts I have, something I really should have given more thought from the beginning, and have come into the conclusion that finishing this project would come far too expensive. Every single bushing and ball joint on the suspension has been bashed six ways to hell, I still can't figure out how to take the damn back axel apart as it seems like a solid piece, the sprocket spacer would cost far too much to have made somewhere, there's brakes pedals steering etc to build and I don't seem to have any time to ever even get to it so gonna pull the plug when the money spent so far is not yet too significant and the parts already acquired can easily be repurposed elsewhere. I'm probly just gonna scoop up a slightly less bashed atv from somewhere, have the brats practice with that and once I'm done with the burnout trike project (given I ever get there either) probly gonna make sth similar of that for the kids.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-23-2019, 09:48 AM   #44
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:17 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

I bought a cheap four wheeler once better every bushing on the front end was sacked out. It was nearly impossible to drive in a straight line. The ethics didn't cross my mind at the time, but I spun up new bushing on the lathe out of aluminum and it worked fine. Aluminum penalty isn't the best material for it, but the dude that bought it is still using it years later.

I can do balljoints, but I can do business and spacers if you need want some help. Shipping couldn't be THAT bad.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-23-2019, 10:24 AM   #45
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

I can get my lathe guy do poly one, and shipping will be cheaper

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-23-2019, 10:52 AM   #46
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Appreciate the offer but the fact of the matter is there's little sense. Truth be told I sort of fell into an "empty nest" state after the benelli with a huge inspiration to build something, anything, without taking a proper look at the realities. The atv is totally trash, the matter of the material thickness has already been raised here and admittedly been gnawing at me too, there's a million things to fab from scratch, money to spend on steering wheels cables sorting out the braking system etc etc, not to mention it's a huge time drain from other projects looming in my mind waiting for the proper circumstances to arise. I just don't wanna put that sort of investment into something my kids will most likely not even get to drive much more than a couple times as it would be stationed at my mom's where my sister's kids that frequent grandma much more are very likely to brake it as they'll be clocking most of the driving time anyway so I'm much better off scooping up a used but still working atv or perhaps a couple minicross bikes for them and concentrate my building time to the burnout trike that's yet to come. I'm not in too deep yet, the seat or the harness I don't have a ready use yet but the engine, well it is a turn-a-key ready self supporting unit so there's bound to be some use for that in the future right?! Hell I can make a gas powered air compressor out of it or something.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-01-2019, 07:30 PM   #47
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:17 PM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

turn it into a self powered wheel barrow/cart for landscaping and sell it. They sell even if they are shitty.
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-01-2019, 07:45 PM   #48
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Frame chopped up, all salvageable straight tube stored away, the rest has been thrown into a skip. We might get a strike at work in a week or not which dictates if I have work during the latter half of the month or not so gonna sit that out before making monetary decisions, if that dies out I might just have enough money to go get this one ATV I've been eyeballing for the Hoontrike project I've also been talking about.

I still have the engine since it's only been test run at the front yard so might build sth around that in the future.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-07-2019, 03:12 PM   #49
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:17 AM
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

R.I.P. Crosscart.

Hate to see this, as I put no planning whatsoever into my projects.

Kids would probably be adults by the time I were finished.
Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion