Doomed to Fail: The SteamRat Build! - Page 15 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Doomed to Fail: The SteamRat Build!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-27-2017, 06:29 PM   #141
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:17 AM
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: Doomed to Fail: The SteamRat Build!

A little playing around to see how things would sit. I like it so far
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170927_163153.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	98026   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170927_163001.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	98034   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170927_163032.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	98042   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170927_163510.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	98050  
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Fight Everything!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-27-2017, 07:46 PM   #142
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:17 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

I'll admit, I really don't hate the Fatbob tanks like I thought I would. Actually a very nice side profile. You gonna money them as close together/narrow as possible?
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-27-2017, 07:47 PM   #143
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

That rear tire
These people High Fived shinyribs!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-27-2017, 10:19 PM   #144
Fight Everything

CF Pimp
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
I'll admit, I really don't hate the Fatbob tanks like I thought I would. Actually a very nice side profile. You gonna money them as close together/narrow as possible?
That actually IS as close as they get. They're tied right to their mount points in that pic

Quote:
That rear tire
#ratfighter
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-27-2017, 10:45 PM   #145
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
That rear tire

Lumpy, when you wanna change that thing out I've got a nice 130/16 here that was intended for it, but I didn't have the bead breaker bolted to the shop floor yet so it didn't get done. Bring it out and I'll make sure it's sorted with a new tire. Had a guy swing by and get a nicer 16 put on his Shadow 1100, I kept the old Dunlop that came off his bike since I tend to find use for old tires instead of just paying disposal fee's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-27-2017, 11:37 PM   #146
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
You gonna money them as close together/narrow as possible?
Something about this thread makes me not able to type.

I wasn't trying to bang on your tanks. I dig 'em, just didn't realize they sat that far apart. Does anything go in between them?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-28-2017, 12:04 AM   #147
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Quote:
Something about this thread makes me not able to type. :money:

I wasn't trying to bang on your tanks. I dig 'em, just didn't realize they sat that far apart. Does anything go in between them?
I didn't take it as a bash at all. That gap is like my ex wifes pussy. And the pics kind of hide where they're being held up at. The front bottom mounts in teh pictures are actually right at the mounts I intend to use on the frame. I intend to make a panel similar to the original harley panel to cover the gap on the tanks. I kinda still want to mount the gauges there, but now that the tanks are sitting in place, I realize how low they sit, and that the backbone of the bike is right there. I may or may not still mount the gauges there, they'll be sitting up above the tank looking like velocity stacks or something. Might not be so pretty.

I was trying to avoid mounting gauges on the bars, but it might need to happen anyway....

Worst case scenario, I grab the headlight bucket and flyscreen from a Buell Blast. Then I got the bucket to mount 6v headlight in, and I've got a place to hide the gauges behind, and it'll look halfway decent.

EDIT. Just looked up Blast parts, realized the flyscreen was remote mounted, not attached to the headlight
This user High Fived Fight Everything!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-28-2017, 07:42 AM   #148
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

PROGRESS !!!!!!!!
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-30-2017, 09:09 AM   #149
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:17 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 39 Times in 38 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Fuck yeah. He made more progress than me in a year

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-09-2017, 11:28 PM   #150
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Scored some VN750 wheels with brand new tires. Date codes are only a couple years old, rubber is still extremely pliable, the rims match, and I just went from a 18/16 combo to a 19/15 combo. More of that chop look!

Did a quick test fit. Perfect!

Now come daylight, aka after work, I'm gonna see how well the VN wheel fits the GS forks. Supposedly both are 15mm axles...... Gonna see if the caliper lines up to the rotor or not
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-10-09 15.30.45.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	98313   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-10-09 21.15.23.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	98321   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-10-09 21.15.33.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	98329  
These people High Fived Fight Everything!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes