Doomed to Fail: The SteamRat Build! - Page 19 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Doomed to Fail: The SteamRat Build!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-26-2018, 04:36 PM   #181
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:42 PM
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: Doomed to Fail: The SteamRat Build!

Well...shit.

Axle and triple set I ordered showed up today. Just one problem. This isn't what I ordered..... the brighter pic is the one I actually ordered.

Good news at least is that at least it's still an EN450 lower. They sent me the one from a different listing. I needed the complete set. I'll have /some/ fitment idea tomorrow when I go back to the shop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	33693854_2123987627877824_7583494566225903616_n.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	442.8 KB
ID:	101230   Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (6).jpg
Views:	18
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	101232  
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-26-2018, 10:00 PM   #182
Fight Everything

CF Pimp
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Decided to go back tonight after dinner. Did a little mockup. Not bad, got a decent idea where things are.

EN450 stem is very much long enough, unlike the GS stem. Enough threads for both threaded collars and then some. Didn't have the top triple, so I kinda ghetto mocked up the GS upper so I could see about where things would sit. I like it.

Used one of my large ratchets to sort of mockup where the forks would be. Turn radius will be decent.

Just need to have the seller send me the right parts, and then save up the money for the forks.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2018-05-26 20.09.34.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	101238   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-05-26 20.09.41.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	970.1 KB
ID:	101240   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-05-26 20.13.07.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	990.7 KB
ID:	101242   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-05-26 20.10.26.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	925.2 KB
ID:	101244  
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Fight Everything!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-27-2018, 07:26 PM   #183
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
If you run in to dead ends on axle spacers just holler at me. A few aluminum spacers in the mail is only a few bucks. I'd hate to see your get stalled over something this small.
That offer still stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
That's a great score for $100!

For a doomed to fail thread you sure are killing it in here.
Am I still killing it?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-01-2018, 02:03 PM   #184
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Was browsing my emails from Pinterest (dont ask...) and came across a bike that is actually not too terribly far from the current build direction. Or more accurately the current direction is a cross between the two bikes in the pics.

I like how the Harley looks for the most part, though I want far less space between the tire and fender at the rear, so lower the rear, and then combine it with the dead basics of the chopper and you get closer to where I want this to be.

Upper triple should be here in the next couple days. Gonna dig out the aircraft pedals I got from Mongo and start working on mounting those. Also need to get all my small parts together and start building the wiring out.

Need to find a machinist to do a little carving for me. Cush drive still needs the inside cleaned up so it sits flush, and I need to work on the axle spacers. Want to at least get the rear end done so that I have some sort of progress.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	9e78c88be3489b21082c6c69f69e0494.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	101342  
Attached Images

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-02-2018, 01:32 AM   #185
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:42 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight Everything View Post
That offer still stand?
Of course it does! Sorry for such a slow reply. My internet connection sucks at times and I don't get to browse the forum as much as I want to. Excuses...

I'll pm you my cell so you can get in touch easier for stuff like this.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-14-2018, 10:28 PM   #186
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

I need to find some more cash. This bike wants progress.....
This user High Fived Fight Everything!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-30-2018, 01:16 AM   #187
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

I ain't done shit........

But if things go well, I might be bringing a ridable bike home in the near future. Dealer near me has a Honda Pacific Coast for sale. I've always though they were a sleek looking bike. 800cc vtwin, 5 spd shaft drive, decent highway bikes I gather.

We'll see what happens.....
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-30-2018, 10:54 PM   #188
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I bought this last week cause it was easier to fix than my current projects. lol. took a day. rebuilt brakes, gauge swap, disconnect power commander, put on tire. now it does wheelies. gonna raise the front end back up though. lookin a bit stepped on.

tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-30-2018, 10:54 PM   #189
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

always likes the pacific coast.
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-01-2018, 10:41 AM   #190
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

I just wanna be able to throw a leg and go. I love projects, but I miss riding. I wanna just get something, and ride the fucker. Got my Mustang up for sale, plus I've got a 401k I can cash out from a job I just left (I'll never contribute to that account otherwise, might as well just get my cash out), and then bonus at the day job come December. Truck needs tires, but after that, bike.........

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes