Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

another kat fight

2K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  little13 
#1 ·
hey guys, im new-ish been here a while yet i have not really gotten off the bike long enough to post.

i have a 97 kat that i bought super cheap and rebuilt after a friend wrapped it around a tree.

i recently took some time off of the bike after some girl pulled out and t-boned me with her dumb ass cobalt:doh:. im lucky to be walking and lucky to be rebuilding the bike (again). thank god for steal frames, my bitch is a tank!:shockerknucks:

the day i bought the bike

stripped down

how it is sitting today (post 2nd accident):rock:

anyways, i want to make some upgrades but this is my first project and i am learning as i go. i am looking to learn about compatible rear ends ( like the infamous single sided swing arm) as well as some different subframes(cheaper the better)

im pretty good a chopping shit off but i am only learning to weld, although its coming along quite nicely.

p.s.twin pipes are cool but highly unnessessary for and ol' 750, is it true that you can take pipes off of a 97 750 gsxr or is it the 87? maybe something else??either way i have to replace some oil pan gaskets this winter so maybe i should just throw a post kat oil pan on with some post 4-1 headers

See less See more
#6 ·
correct. the 4-1 gives this turd some mid range (which it desperately needs)

welcome to cf.

i'll be tinkering around with tuning and such for more power of these turds

devising a way to run pods, as they seem to intimidate most people, also a turbo. Watch for the write up

#10 ·
Welcome to the forum.

#11 ·
welcome in. sorry to hear about you getting hit. glad you are able to rebuild though. post up a build thread and keep it updated with lots of pictures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.