Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

desert drag strip

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Kawafunky 
#1 ·
I couldn't ditch my family for the holiday weekend, so I took them with me! I just bought a Honda Ridgeline for just such an occasion, so it was a perfect chance to try out the idea.

I loaded the bike, wife, and kids into the truck for a 6 hour drive from San Diego to the vicinity of Phoenix, AZ. We checked into the hotel, hit the pool, ate green chile and fresh salsa, and went out to the drag strip.

10.9 sec at 128 mph (right lane #21). It was fun as hell. I could have launched harder, even after several runs, but it was a decent showing for a first time out.
By the way, it was still 100+ degrees out there after sunset (115 in the afternoon) an the track is at 1500 ft of elevation. I think Mr. Hyde ran pretty well for such environmentals (and such a noob of a rider).
No special track set-up, after my last run I picked up my time slip, and without even getting off the bike I rode straight back to the hotel and cracked a beer.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.