SV1000Reptilia - Page 9 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > SV1000Reptilia

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2019, 07:09 PM   #81
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict
Leroy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:43 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: SV1000Reptilia

I will if I could get a decent autonomy from the new tank.

I still working on the tank. Not every day but I'm working on it, every time I have free time.
At the moment I'm on the 3rd cartboard tank.
I haven't post any pics of it cause I don't know if you find the rulers, cartboards and scissors interesting.
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2019, 07:36 PM   #82
Auser6guy
Fighter
Local Time: 08:43 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Auser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

I find the process just as interesting as the result. Post up freely my friend !
Auser6guy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Auser6guy!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-08-2019, 06:07 PM   #83
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Almost finished. This week I will find out how many liters is and if it's worth to buy some aluminium sheets
These people High Fived Leroy!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-09-2019, 11:55 PM   #84
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

At the left is the 2nd version with 13+ liters of fuel.
At the right is the 3rd version and it's a litle bigger.
I think I'm geting close to 15 +- liters so aluminium fuel tank with internal pump is going to happen

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-22-2019, 07:03 PM   #85
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

Let's bring that thread back from the dead

The tank cover arrived

But it needs some trimming. Did a quick cut

Bought some 5083 alloy for the the tank and brackets

Here is the bracket for the tank and front seat. Shaped with a file and sandpaper

The air box is going to stay with out the top cap. I need some room for the battery.
I will reprogram the ECU later and make a fuel map. Hopefully with that and a full exhaust system I will gain some power.
I still don't know how the battery will fit. I need to finsh with the tank first.
Here are my two options

The sheet started to take shape

It was way more difficult to bent some pieces from alloy than the cardboard. I mean I knew it, but I didn't expect to be so difficult.
Hopefully this week I will get the tank to the welder
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2019, 08:53 AM   #86
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:43 AM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

i hope to start welding my one this week
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-31-2019, 12:51 PM   #87
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

Ok my welder tucked the tank. I need to make some changes on it but I have to make sure that it fits on th bike properly.

It's my first alloy tank so please excuse any imperfections

It would look much better when the welding is done
Also got some alloy parts for the headlight assembly

And last but not least the fuel pump ring. I still haven't get this to my hands. Waiting for it and some other bits to mount the tank to the subframe

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-11-2020, 06:41 PM   #88
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

So the tank is to the welder and I should have it the coming week.
I will send it one other last time later, just to add the fuel cap when it arrives.
That's the one I'm waiting for

Today I did some work to the subframe.
It's just tucked for now and the welder will finish that too

While I was on it I started to play with the headlight.
I had a small aluminum rod but it wasn't enough.
I will buy some more at Monday.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-16-2020, 05:39 PM   #89
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

Got some updates for the headlight. Went to the welder the aluminium cylinders, did some threads to bolt the led bulbs on them and here is the result.

He could weld it much better but oh well, it's going to be hidden in the cowl...
Now I'm trying to decide if I'm going to use headlight lens protectors to keep the cowl closed and protect the electrics or just leave it open

With the lens protector

With out

Then I went to the welder again to add those brackets

I still waiting to get the fuel tank back to my hands. I hope that at the end of the week I should have it.

I've ordered two clamps to mount the headlight to the forks and mounts for the passenger footpegs to finish the subframe.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-16-2020, 06:53 PM   #90
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:43 PM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

id keep the lenses, to keep the projectors from getting wet or dirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived XxGRYMMxX!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes